ZOSO-Zep tribute band

Rock Historian

My wife and I are going to check out this premire Zeppelin cover band tonite at the House of Blues (New Orleans) Their name is appropriate- ZOSO.

I've heard good things about them and the show is supposed to last over 2 hours.

Anyone from the area going ?

I'll try and take some pics/vids if I can.

Hope to hear from some fellow site members if they decide to make it.

Enjoy the show.

Alot of members here have seen them and give them :thumbsup: .

They will be playing at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus on October 9th. I will try to catch the show then.

Hope that you have a great time tonight. If you can't see Zeppelin, the tribute bands are the next best thing.

Little confused here. Is this the same ZOSO tribute band based in Jax. Beach, Fla.? I exchanged messages with the singer (female) on Myspace a couple of years ago. She was looking for a guitarist and drummer at the time. :huh:

Little confused here. Is this the same ZOSO tribute band based in Jax. Beach, Fla.? I exchanged messages with the singer (female) on Myspace a couple of years ago. She was looking for a guitarist and drummer at the time. :huh:

Probably not.

The ZOSO I saw in Baltimore (maybe 2007) had a male singer.

And I'm pretty sure you had a great time at the show!

REVIEW OF THE SHOW-

The theme was obviously from the 73 tour with the exception of one Physical Grafitti track (Wanton Song). All the members dressed in the same outfits as the TSRTS movie.

I thought all the members were really good players and did their homework on each individual member. I was really impressed by the bass player, drummer and guitarist for not only looking like the original but displaying the same manerisms and playing style. The vocalist however, didn't really do it for me. He looked more like Michael Bolton than Robert and he wasn't a really good singer. He was okay, but was the weakest link for sure. (Maybe it was the mix from the sound guys-I don't know)

If I had to rate the show on a 1/10 scale , I'd give it a 7 (only because of the lack of material I wanted to hear, and the vocalist) I can't remember the exact order (towards the middle of the set) but here's what they played.

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

The Wanton Song

What is and What should never BE

D'yer Mak'er

Heartbreaker

Thank You

The Ocean

Immigrant Song

The Song Remains the Same

The Rain Song

Black Dog

Since I've been lovin You

No Quarter

Moby Dick

Over the Hills and Far Away

Staiway to Heaven

ENCORE-

Whole Lotta Love

Must have been someone else starting a band with the same name. Matt is still the singer and my childhood friend Greg Thompson is still the drummer (they started out in Southern California). Their former guitarist Brian still owes me a violin bow! :lol:

I've seen these guys a few times in Columbus at the Newport (as mentioned above) and they are good. As you said the vocalist isn't spot on, but hes pretty good and overall they put on a fun show. There are better sounding tribute bands out there, but I still really enjoy these shows. The first time I saw them they did a lot of PG, with Ten Years Gone and a few others which was cool. I am pretty sure they switch up their setlists fairly consistently.

I saw them in August 2007 as a birthday presant from my aunt, who has loved Zep since 1969 at the House of Blues in Cleavland. My other aunt (who saw the NY MSG concert in SRTS) also came and we got to shake hands with "Robert" after. It was "Bonzo" who we were the most impressed with. I had sooo much fun though!!! I was high the rest of the night!

I'll have to upload the pics I took from the show..I'll post em sometime this week.

Yeah, I wanted to hear at least something from the first album...Dazed, Good Times, Babe, Communication, How Many Times...anything. Yeah, maybe the singer was suffering in some sort of way, but besides that they were good.

I didn't get "goosebumps" at any point..

However, I can only expect that from the real thing.

If you go on youtube and search ZOSO NEW ORLEANS- a venue called Southport Hall will show up from late last year (October)..I watched the vids and the guitar player looks like a different guy. They must have switched out personnel at some point recently...?

I saw them in Champaign/Urbana, Il a few years ago. Since I'm too young to have ever been able to see Zep live and wasn't lucky enough to get a ticket to O2, it was the closest I've been to a Zeppelin concert. I agree about the singer, but I found as the show went on, my ear got more and more accustomed to him. There were times I *almost* forgot I was at a tribute band concert and just enjoyed myself. They did a great rendition of Lemon Song. They even did the little acoustic set from the dvd of Going to California and That's the Way. At that point, the singer had Plant's mannerisms down to a science.

Hey, for $10 and a few beers, it was a great experience. I've wanted to see them again ever since!

I thought all the members were really good players and did their homework on each individual member. I was really impressed by the bass player, drummer and guitarist for not only looking like the original but displaying the same manerisms and playing style. The vocalist however, didn't really do it for me. He looked more like Michael Bolton than Robert and he wasn't a really good singer. He was okay, but was the weakest link for sure. (Maybe it was the mix from the sound guys-I don't know)

I saw them back in January. I thought the only member who resembled the original was the drummer...he looked almost exactly like Bonzo. Everyone performed really well. Overall I enjoyed the show.

I saw them back in January. I thought the only member who resembled the original was the drummer...he looked almost exactly like Bonzo. Everyone performed really well. Overall I enjoyed the show.

Zoso Rocks! They are very talented musicians and a great group of guys.

I went to see them recently and have tickets to see them at the HOB soon.

I love to hear any band that carries the torch and allows us to enjoy the music of Led Zeppelin.

Archived