Oh. My. Goodness.

Heartbreaker_Girl

I'd have to see him playing it before my own eyes to believe that's Jimmy. Nice song and all that, but nothing like him in composition, style or approach. And come on, the Stairway solo chord bit at 3:30? Please.

I'd have to see him playing it before my own eyes to believe that's Jimmy. Nice song and all that, but nothing like him in composition, style or approach. And come on, the Stairway solo chord bit at 3:30? Please.

That's what I thought.

Doesn't sound like Jimmy either. Waaay to slow for him and a little boring.

This originally circulated as Bron-Y-Aur outtakes (And IV to Go vinyl release) about 20 years ago and I believe the title is invented, but recording(s) are consistent with what are known to be authentic outtakes from that time.

Kashmir notes in the final fleeting seconds. Call it unconfirmed I suppose.

This originally circulated as Bron-Y-Aur outtakes (And IV to Go vinyl release) about 20 years ago and I believe the title is invented, but recording(s) are consistent with what are known to be authentic outtakes from that time.

I respect your timeline Steve, but this doesn't ring of Jimmy to my ears at all. Guess we have another Mystery! :beer:

Well, if that's the case, then I'll concede that it's probably Jimmy.

Well, if that's the case, then I'll concede that it's probably Jimmy.

Hi LDW,

Theres bits of "The Rain Song" and "Ten Years Gone" in there for sure, well there is to my ears anyway, but it seems rather sloppy in parts and it doesn't have the "Jimmy Page" feel to it. Nice but not Awesome like you would expect for a Pagey Song. But you never know if it was a "Work in Progress" that lead to other things. If pushed i would say there is enough Pagey in it to be authentic, then again?

Regards, Danny

Hi LDW,

Theres bits of "The Rain Song" and "Ten Years Gone" in there for sure, well there is to my ears anyway, but it seems rather sloppy in parts and it doesn't have the "Jimmy Page" feel to it. Nice but not Awesome like you would expect for a Pagey Song. But you never know if it was a "Work in Progress" that lead to other things. If pushed i would say ther is enough Pagey in it to be authentic, then again?

Regards, Danny

Yes, that's right Dan, this is very similar to the other rough demos and working tapes. I've got Stairway to Heaven recordings with notional and ad libbed vocals that as I recall were also recorded around this time.

Hi LDW,

Theres bits of "The Rain Song" and "Ten Years Gone" in there for sure, well there is to my ears anyway, but it seems rather sloppy in parts and it doesn't have the "Jimmy Page" feel to it. Nice but not Awesome like you would expect for a Pagey Song. But you never know if it was a "Work in Progress" that lead to other things. If pushed i would say ther is enough Pagey in it to be authentic, then again?

Regards, Danny

Hey, Dan. There's far too many notes taken from other Zeppelin songs that don't convince me 100% that it could be Jimmy. It's like how an amateur would prove he could play Zeppelin songs - just random medleys. And it sounds too slow and uninspired.

Yes, that's right Dan, this is very similar to the other rough demos and working tapes. I've got Stairway to Heaven recordings with notional and ad libbed vocals that as I recall were also recorded around this time.

Hi Steve,

Do you think it has anything to do with the tapes Jimmy had stolen at an airport in the 70's, dont remember them ever being recovered.

Regards, Danny

Hi Steve,

Do you think it has anything to do with the tapes Jimmy had stolen at an airport in the 70's, dont remember them ever being recovered.

Regards, Danny

The only tape I can think of that has been traced back to stolen luggage is the Carlos Santa/Jimmy Page jam

in Frankfurt on 7/1/80. It's more likely recordings such as these were among the items stolen from his home

in the mid-80s, as it was originally released on bootleg albums around 1987.

Hey, Dan. There's far too many notes taken from other Zeppelin songs that don't convince me 100% that it could be Jimmy. It's like how an amateur would prove he could play Zeppelin songs - just random medleys. And it sounds too slow and uninspired.

Hi LDW,

Theres only one way to be sure, to be sure, someone has got to ask the man himself. I would volunteer to ask him, but you would only think i was doing that for personal satisfaction wouldnt you? :D

If it was a "Work in Progress" then who knows, i know that Jimmy kept a lot if not all of the recordings he made in studios even when he was just messing around with other bands or musicians, remember the tapes with him and Eric messing at Jimmy home?

I know he is our favourite guitarist of all time, (well he is mine anyhow) but even a "God" has got to be allowed to practice a little with new material he has just thought up, he has to lay it down somehow, and if it turns out to be a masterpiece years later you might not recognise it as the "Masters Work", you could say that about all Music really. I'm not convinced its not his work, we will have to wait and see i suppose.

Regards, Danny

The only tape I can think of that has been traced back to stolen luggage is the Carlos Santa/Jimmy Page jam

in Frankfurt on 7/1/80. It's more likely recordings such as these were among the items stolen from his home

in the mid-80s, as it was originally released on bootleg albums around 1987.

Thanks Steve, i thought i remembered that the tapes were some material that was just "Jimmy", you know like bits of songs for him to further work on, i could be wrong though, and i always bow to your expert knowledge. ;)

Regards, Danny

remember the tapes with him and Eric messing at Jimmy home?

It's actually one tape and it's a sore point with Jimmy as well. He had Eric over for a jam in the living room on

Miles Road in Epsom. Immediate (the record label) got wind of it and asked for the tape, which is about a 45 minute jam. They took it, edited it into "songs" and pressed it as an album.

Singer and guitarist John Gibb describes the Page residence on Miles Road: "In most homes, the front room is usually a family room, but Pagey's parents had turned it over to Jimmy. There were records everywhere, a tape recorder, a couple of amps and guitars and other instruments. Plus a really good hi-fi system. Jimmy's mum usually stayed in the kitchen brewing tea for everybody."

Hi LDW,

Theres only one way to be sure, to be sure, someone has got to ask the man himself. I would volunteer to ask him, but you would only think i was doing that for personal satisfaction wouldnt you? :D

If it was a "Work in Progress" then who knows, i know that Jimmy kept a lot if not all of the recordings he made in studios even when he was just messing around with other bands or musicians, remember the tapes with him and Eric messing at Jimmy home?

I know he is our favourite guitarist of all time, (well he is mine anyhow) but even a "God" has got to be allowed to practice a little with new material he has just thought up, he has to lay it down somehow, and if it turns out to be a masterpiece years later you might not recognise it as the "Masters Work", you could say that about all Music really. I'm not convinced its not his work, we will have to wait and see i suppose.

Regards, Danny

Now, now, now, why should you have all the fun? I'll ask him...

The only problem with 'work in progress' is that it doesn't always sound like the finished product. So even the most beautifully intricate songs can sound like crap in the beginning.

Aside from the fact that it doesn't sound at all Pagey to my ears, this is my main point of contention. Too many references to too many songs contained within.

Aside from the fact that it doesn't sound at all Pagey to my ears, this is my main point of contention. Too many references to too many songs contained within.

I believe it originally circulated with these outtakes, among others. See what you think:

Edit: Forgot to mention some think it could be Plant (or even Jones).

I haven't listened to these in about 20 years. I may have to reform

my opinion.

Thanks Steve, i thought i remembered that the tapes were some material that was just "Jimmy", you know like bits of songs for him to further work on, i could be wrong though, and i always bow to your expert knowledge. wink.gif

Regards, Danny

God knows what they stole from him at home. And I'm no expert. I'm just a sparrow in the gutter.

It's actually one tape and it's a sore point with Jimmy as well. He had Eric over for a jam in the living room on

Miles Road in Epsom. Immediate (the record label) got wind of it and asked for the tape, which is about a 45 minute jam. They took it, edited it into "songs" and pressed it as an album.

I know Steve, i have it . As do you i'm sure. ;)

Regards, Danny

Archived