College Football 2009

BUCK'EYE' DOC

My Sunday was beautiful! How was church for you? The Cowboys did not play today since it is their Bye week. I did love it when the New Orleans Saints beat the shit out of the New York Giants. Ha Ha! ROF my dear!

Church was great. Also went to an Evensong service, very beautiful, followed by a POTLUCK dinner in the church basement. Coming home from church this AM, Sirius 14 played three of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs in a row: Rock and Roll, Dancing Days, and Levee. What could be better than that?

My youngest son loves the Saints, so fantastic that they won.

I haven't heard if the Bengals won or not and am too lazy to look it up, lol.

Church was great. Also went to an Evensong service, very beautiful, followed by a POTLUCK dinner in the church basement. Coming home from church this AM, Sirius 14 played three of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs in a row: Rock and Roll, Dancing Days, and Levee. What could be better than that?

My youngest son loves the Saints, so fantastic that they won.

I haven't heard if the Bengals won or not and am too lazy to look it up, lol.

I don't remember if the Bengals won or not! I'll have to check! ROF my dear!

Virginia Cavaliers are down 26-9 in the 4th (against Georgia Tech; given U.Va.'s record this season, I would have been really pissed if they beat GT today after GT beat the Hokies last week!)

Hokies have a bye; they will play Thurs night.

So sorry about the loss, Virginia. sad.gif

Everyone else's teams won yesterday, with the exception of Wanna Be's Michigan State. They lost a close game to Iowa, 15 - 13. sad.gif

My Ohio State Buckeyes won, 38 -7 vs. Minnesota. They blew being the only team in the US with three shut-outs this year by allowing the Minnesota team to score against the second string defense in the last minutes of the game. slapface.gif That was a nice gesture by our coach, but this conservativism and lack of competitve drive is what cost us the national championship the last three years. You can bet that Florida would have gone for the shut-out, just to boost their cred for being number one in the polls. The coach did do a pouch kick at the opening of the second half, which was recovered by the Buckeyes and ended in a touchdown. That's the most risk I have seen the coach do in years. The fans couldn't believe it!

So sorry about the loss, Virginia. sad.gif

Everyone else's teams won yesterday, with the exception of Wanna Be's Michigan State. They lost a close game to Iowa, 15 - 13. sad.gif

My Ohio State Buckeyes won, 38 -7 vs. Minnesota. They blew being the only team in the US with three shut-outs this year by allowing the Minnesota team to score against the second string defense in the last minutes of the game. slapface.gif That was a nice gesture by our coach, but this conservativism and lack of competitve drive is what cost us the national championship the last three years. You can bet that Florida would have gone for the shut-out, just to boost their cred for being number one in the polls. The coach did do a pouch kick at the opening of the second half, which was recovered by the Buckeyes and ended in a touchdown. That's the most risk I have seen the coach do in years. The fans couldn't believe it!

Good morning BUCK'EYE'DOC

our teams played great games yesterday, LSU played a complete game for the first time IMO.

Hope my Saints do as well in Miami today, they are on a roll :D

Good morning BUCK'EYE'DOC

our teams played great games yesterday, LSU played a complete game for the first time IMO.

Hope my Saints do as well in Miami today, they are on a roll :D

Your Saints look unstopable. LSU put a good thrashing on Auburn. My gut is still in a knot after the Tide somehow escaped Tennessee.

Boise State won their game against Hawaii.

Now they've fallen in the polls though--from #4 to #7.

Boise State is not getting the respect that they deserve, Mandy.

Today: Ohio State 45 to New Mexico State 0 smile.gifGo Buckeyes!

Third shut out this year!

We have three very tough games coming up: next week we are at Penn State. Then Iowa at home, and finally, at University of Michigan. We will be lucky to win two out of the three.

How did every one else's teams do today?

Edited to say: Oregon beat USC 47 to 20. That should allow Boise State to move up in the polls. cheer.gif

The Crimson Tide slipped by LSU 24 to 15. A great rivalry I look forward to every year. Sorry Dzldoc and Deborah J. I figured LSU had the game in the bag until all the injuries started mounting up.

The Crimson Tide slipped by LSU 24 to 15. A great rivalry I look forward to every year. Sorry Dzldoc and Deborah J. I figured LSU had the game in the bag until all the injuries started mounting up.

That and the poor officiating :(

Bad ball spot on the opening drive, at least 3 holding calls missed a block in the back and a hands to the face and an interception in the 4th quarter.

Anyhow congrats to Bama.

I think the winner of the SEC championship game and Texas will play for the national championship but anything is possible.

Hello jabe!, Congrats to Bama. Both great teams and just as I am sure you will always support Bama, Dzldoc and myself will always support LSU...the rivalry is fun :duel:

The Buckeyes are Rose Bowl bound! cheer.gifcheer.gifcheer.gif

We beat Iowa today in overtime! Ohio State 27 to Iowa 24!!!

It was a hard-fought win, but the back-up field goal kicker made a long one to win the game.

The fans are going crazy! The police and riot squads are out in full force on campus. I managed to talk to my oldest son after the game and he said that he was going back to his apartment and take a nap, lol. I guess that he is not too overwhelmed by the win. I haven't connected with the youngest one yet. He will be the one in the middle of the celebrations on campus. slapface.gif Hope that he stays out of trouble, lol. The weather is very warm and nothing to keep the kids inside. There are 50,000 students that attend Ohio State and they will all be out celebrating tonight.

We still have our arch-rival Michigan to play next week. It will be in Ann Arbor. Anything can happen in that game, no matter what each team's record is.

Go Buckeyes, beat Michigan!

Edited to say: I can't believe it. They are selling tour packages to Ohio State fans already on the internet. It's only been about an hour since the game ended.

http://www.esotericsports.com/trips/ohio-state-rose-bowl-land/?gclid=CMXczMHqi54CFRQeDQodilkOqw

The BIG game is tomorrow at noon: Ohio State vs. Michigan !

There is a tradition at Ohio State where the students (OSU has 50,000 of them) jump into the Mirror Lake on campus on the Thursday night before the Michigan game. Just about every student does it before they graduate. The lake is kind of green with algae and is sometimes kind of slimey. The students are not allowed back in their dorms until they get hosed off outside. They are given garbage bags to carry their clothes back into the dorm, as they are disgustingly gross and slimey from the lake.

Here are a few videos of the event. The first one is from yesterday.

GO BUCKEYES! BEAT MICHIGAN!

U.Va. just lost to Clemson, but the Hokies beat NC State! smile.gif

Ed. to add that U.Va. and Virginia Tech play next Saturday in Charlottesville...

Sorry about U.Va. Virginia.

Next weekend should be interesting for you. A good rivalry, and you won't be too sad no matter who wins, lol.

Ohio State's regular season is over. We beat Michigan yesterday: OSU:21 to U of Michigan:10

Next game is the Rose Bowl on January 1, 2010.

Go Buckeyes!

Archived