Jason Bonham tour?

elfinjones

I saw a blurb on the net about the "Bonham" band coming to Fort Lauderdale on Oct. 14. Any other dates? This is the first I've heard of this. Thanks!

http://blogs.miamine..._lauderdale.php

It's not far from his home so it could be just a pick-up band, a jam with friends. Haven't heard anything official.

I'll see what I can find out concerning concrete details.

Hi Robert, how have you been? That shirt is from a previous tour, right?

Hi Steve! :wave: Yes, the shirt is from the 1996 tour. I went with the drummer from the tribute band Physical Graffiti to see the JBB band in Danbury CT. I met Jason after the show and we chatted for few minutes. I'm picking up a new piece of Zep memorabilia that I want to notify you about. I'll send you a pm soon. :thumbsup:

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

Hi Steve! wave.gif Yes, the shirt is from the 1996 tour. I went with the drummer from the tribute band Physical Graffiti to see the JBB band in Danbury CT. I met Jason after the show and we chatted for few minutes. I'm picking up a new piece of Zep memorabilia that I want to notify you about. I'll send you a pm soon. thumbsup.gif

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

Was it the Tuxedo Junction on June 11, 1996 ?

• Administrators

I saw a blurb on the net about the "Bonham" band coming to Fort Lauderdale on Oct. 14. Any other dates? This is the first I've heard of this. Thanks!

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/crossfade/2009/09/afi_bonham_badfish_third_eye_blind_revolution_fort_lauderdale.php

Yes, there are more dates coming.

Was it the Tuxedo Junction on June 11, 1996 ?

Hi Steve, Yes, that's where I saw the concert if I recall correctly. Here's a picture of his autograph I obtained on the DFT song book:

Bonham3c.jpg

When I shoot you a pm I can give you a piece of information about the show.

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

Bonham On Tour To Pay Tribute To Their Late Vocalist

21/09/2009 10:46am

Bonham, featuring drummer Jason Bonham, are to play a handful of US shows next month.

They'll be performing songs from Led Zeppelin, UFO and Foreigner among others. Jason Bonham has, of course, been associated with all three bands.

For further info, go to www.myspace.com/jasonbonhammyspace

Jason Bonham is doing these gigs by way of tribute to Daniel MacMaster, the Canadian fronmtman who sang on the two albums from his group Bonham (1989's The Disregard Of Timekeeping and Mad Hatter in 1992). MacMaster died on March 16, 2008, from a Group A streptococcal infection. He was 39 years old.

Jason explains: "Tragically, Daniel passed away and I always regretted the fact that I didn't do more for him during his lifetime. Just like myself, Daniel struggled with his addictions so that's something I know all about.

"2009 is the 20th anniversary of The Disregard Of Timekeeping, so I called up Ian [Hatton, guitarist] and John [smithson, bass] and suggested we bring in Kelly Keeling [baton Rouge/Michael Schenker] on vocals to pay tribute to what was a great period in all our lives. Whether anything new will come out of it, I don't know. It's all about having fun."

In related news, Bonham is no longer a member of the reunited Airrace. His place has been taken by Simon Dawson of The Outfield, who recently joined the band in time for the recording of their second album.

Airrace's celebrated debut, Shaft Of Light (which does feature Bonham), is reissued via Rock Candy Records next month, complete with two bonus tracks.

BONHAM Schedules U.S. Dates - Sep. 20, 2009

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=127299

BONHAM, the band led by drummer Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN, UFO, FOREIGNER) — son of the late LED ZEPPELIN drummer John Bonham — has scheduled the following dates:

Oct. 14 - Revolution Live - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Oct. 15 - House of Blues - Orlando, FL

Oct. 16 - State Theatre - St. Petersburg, FL

Oct. 29 - Coach House - San Juan Capistrano, CA

Oct. 30 - The Canyon - Agoura Hills, CA

BONHAM will perform selections from LED ZEPPELIN, UFO, FOREIGNER "and a whole lot more."

BONHAM released its first record, "The Disregard of Timekeeping", in September 1989, which was eventually certified gold, and featured the single "Wait For You". A follow-up album, "Mad Hatter", was released in 1992.

BONHAM singer Daniel MacMaster, 39, died unexpectedly on March 16, 2008 in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada following complications from pneumonia, after a strep A infection entered his bloodstream.

Thanks Jeff for posting the updates on the tour.

I think as fans you will be pleasantly surprised who's in the line up.

I thought Ian & John were brilliant in the original Bonham lineup and rather ecstatic about this reformation. Not familiar with Kelly but these gigs will highlight his talents. He has some big shoes to fill, that's for certain.

I thought Ian & John were brilliant in the original Bonham lineup and rather ecstatic about this reformation. Not familiar with Kelly but these gigs will highlight his talents. He has some big shoes to fill, that's for certain.

Many thanks for the Link Miss Honey Dripper.:veryhot:

Are you just out for a (S)troll or you planning staying for a while? :lol:

Really nice to see you back, hope you can find the time to return more often. :drool:

Very Kind Regards, Danny :kiss:

Hey thanks Dan.. and Ally... I had a bit of a break, but you should see me popping up every now and then from here on :D

Archived