2009 MTV VMA's

Roxie

Ok, now see Dan you probably just should've stayed out of the conversation. First of all, I never ocne said anything about Death metal sampling. Not once. Didn't even consider it because that's entirely not true.

First Debunk.

Also, you do not need instruments to make music, although I don't know why you bring it up sicne rap and hip-hop have much instrumentation. For example, if you're sitting around a campfire and someone starts singing, thats MUSIC. Thats a fact.

Second debunk.

Lastly, I don't play drums, I'm a bassisst.

Game. Set. Match.

Nice talkin to you though.

"I have nothing else to say and I now realize I was wron but lord knows I can't admit that so I'll make half-hearted attempt at insulting my way out of the situation."

I accept your hidden apology. Next time, be more tolerant of other musical genres that aren't calssified the same way as the ones you enjoy or listen to.

Hidden apology? :lol: What sort of atomic microscope are you using to see that? No I think I pretty well :pwnd: your comment on "playing music" if I do say so myself.

And you were the one who started with the insults, so spare me the crap about using them to make a point.

Hidden apology? :lol: What sort of atomic microscope are you using to see that? No I think I pretty well :pwnd: your comment on "playing music" if I do say so myself.

And you were the one who started with the insults, so spare me the crap about using them to make a point.

Brother, you haven't been debating very long if you truly believe I was "Pwned". As I was trying to get across, you can make an entire song out of just guitars or just a bass, or just one big drum solo. Thus, you can also make music out of just yourself, whether its your voice or a beat you can lay down, you're writing music. Am I wrong?

Where did I insult you? By calling your comment stupid? You took that as a personal insult? Thats either being thin-skinned or misinterpreting what I said but I can assure you I never personally attacked you.

Edited by wanna be drummer

Ok, now see Dan you probably just should've stayed out of the conversation.

OK, Mr Bassist, oh no bro not me, i'll tell you what, you can be my "Sexual Adviser" when i want you're "Fcuking Opinion" i'll ask for it, that suit ya? ;)

First of all, I never ocne said anything about Death metal sampling. Not once. Didn't even consider it because that's entirely not true.

First Debunk.

Let me take you back to you post, and i quote,

Reggie said "Though I'm not the biggest expert on death metal, it does require the ability to play an instrument and does not rely on sampling."

And your reply was, and i quote,

"And here is where you are showing incredible ignorance. That is simply not true"

Implying that what Reggie said "is simply not true " so you are saying is that Death Metal "does rely on sampling" your words not mine or Reggies.

Revised Score, 15-love.

Also, you do not need instruments to make music, although I don't know why you bring it up sicne rap and hip-hop have much instrumentation. For example, if you're sitting around a campfire and someone starts singing, thats MUSIC. Thats a fact.

Second debunk.

I brought it up because you said, and i quote,

"And again, you don't need instruments to play music"

You most certainly do need them, a "Voice" is still an Instrument you know? Or were you refering to just "Noise" which obviously you can here at any concert or on any recording?

Revised Score, 30-love.

Lastly, I don't play drums, I'm a bassisst.

Game. Set. Match.

I was refering to your Avatar, i know you are a "Failed Drummer", or "Wannabe Drummer" if thats what you wanna call yourself, you told me so many months ago.

Revised Score, 40-love.

Nice talkin to you though.

And to you kind Sir, Foot Fault, i saw you Foot Fault, Revised Score, Game. Set. Match. too me. :yay::lol:

Regards, Danny

PS, Just remember that you are 6 hours in time behind me, so it doesnt matter what time you get up, i'm always up before ya, so ya can catch me out can ya? :beer: Have a nice day.

OK, Mr Bassist, oh no bro not me, i'll tell you what, you can be my "Sexual Adviser" when i want you're "Fcuking Opinion" i'll ask for it, that suit ya?

Man you still haven't learned the quote system yet?

Reggie said "Though I'm not the biggest expert on death metal, it does require the ability to play an instrument and does not rely on sampling."

"And here is where you are showing incredible ignorance. That is simply not true"

Implying that what Reggie said "is simply not true " so you are saying is that Death Metal "does rely on sampling" your words not mine or Reggies.

Wrong. I was referring to the fact that he believes rap entirely relies on sampling. That is untrue, exactly as I said.

Second debunk.

You most certainly do need them, a "Voice" is still an Instrument you know? Or were you refering to just "Noise" which obviously you can here at any concert or on any recording?

Revised Score, 30-love.

Ok, so if youre voice is an instrument then rapping is using an instrument. :slapface:

Either way, I'm right.

I was refering to your Avatar, i know you are a "Failed Drummer", or "Wannabe Drummer" if thats what you wanna call yourself, you told me so many months ago.
Naw bro, I was going to be a drummer as I idolize John Bonham and Carl Palmer but they're loud as hell and I had no where to put them so a bass was more convinient.

PS, Just remember that you are 6 hours in time behind me, so it doesnt matter what time you get up, i'm always up before ya, so ya can catch me out can ya? Have a nice day.
I can catch you out? Edited by wanna be drummer

Man you still haven't learned the quote system yet?

Wrong. I was referring to the fact that he believes rap entirely relies on sampling. That is untrue, exactly as I said.

Second debunk.

Revised Score, 30-love.Ok, so if youre voice is an instrument then rapping is using an instrument. :slapface:

Either way, I'm right.

Naw bro, I was going to be a drummer as I idolize John Bonham and Carl Palmer but they're loud as hell and I had no where to put them so a bass was more convinient.

I can catch you out?

In your Fcuking Dreams mate, the rest is illegible gibberish, you need to seriously learn how to Quote on here, it will save a lot of unnessary time wasting by us Legible Folks, i'm outta here, i have a Victory to Celebrate dont i? :yay:

Commiserations to you mate, LOOSER. :wub:

But dont feel to down, here's a Beer from me out of my Winnings. :beer:

Regards, Danny :thanku:

Edited by BIGDAN

OK, Imus is off the table, your once- or twice-removed personal relationship with him notwithstanding. :rolleyes:

No, because YOU are trying to link President Obama with Sharpton and Jackson, etc

Allow me to quote myself in order to make this a little clearer -

the uproar would be deafening from the likes of Sharpton/Jesse/NAACP right up to quite possibly (since he's shown a willingness to insert himself into practically all things racial) Obama himself

Now if I had included Obama with the "Sharpton/Jesse/NAACP" you might have a point.

But as you can plainly see, I said Sharpton/Jesse/NAACP right up to quite possibly Obama himself.

The phrase "right up to" is defining a varying range of participants.

Why am I examining this so closely?

Because right after that, you decided to paint me as quite possibly racist by slyly posing your own personal interpretation of a Q & A on my comment.

And after adding your own speculation, finish up with "you said it, I didn't..."

and said he "inserts himself into practically all things that are racial". Why, because of his father's African heritage or just the color of his skin? You said it, I didn't....

To answer your "why?", because he already has spoken out on racial incidents that did not require/benefit from his involvement whatsoever as POTUS, to include Kanye (said he was a jackass, and rightfully so.)

And he turned the Skip Gates case into a circus by making his pronouncement without even knowing, by his own admission, all the facts.

So my point was he has already demonstrated a tendency to get involved/speak out about racial issues that would probably proceed a lot smoother without him taking sides.

However, YOU'RE the one who suggested I must have said it either "because of his father's African heritage or just the color of his skin?", NOT me.

Why, because of his father's African heritage or just the color of his skin? You said it, I didn't....

This is textbook race-baiting just like the news media does when reporting on the opposition to Obama.

If you're going to pose the question "why?" to me, at least have the decency to find out what my answer actually is rather than speculating what you think my answer would be, and then attributing your speculation to me as if I'd actually said it.

In your Fcuking Dreams mate, the rest is illegiable gibberish, you need to seriously learn how to Quote on here, it will save a lot of unnessary time wasting by us Legiable Folks, i'm outta here, i have a Victory to Celebrate dont i? :yay:

Commiserations to you mate, LOOSER. :wub:

But dont feel to down, here's a Beer from me out of my Winnings. :beer:

Regards, Danny :thanku:

Hopefully by now you're done with childish semantics and you'll actual see my points and explain your views on them.

P.S. You spelled "legible" and "illegible" wrong. Ironic huh?

Ok, so if youre voice is an instrument then rapping is using an instrument. :slapface:

Either way, I'm right.

I don't want in, I just have a simple point.

My son plays a baritone (euphonium) in band, and he is self-taught on piano.

However, he composes complete songs on the computer with a number of programs that use all kinds of instruments that he can't personally play.

So I think WBD's point that knowing how to play any particular instrument is requisite to making music is valid.

Many years ago, I learned to play saxophone.

I can no longer remember how to play, but I still remember how to read music, and as such, could also create music with the programs my son uses without knowing how to play an instrument.

OK, Imus is off the table, your once- or twice-removed personal relationship with him notwithstanding. :rolleyes:

Allow me to quote myself in order to make this a little clearer -

Now if I had included Obama with the "Sharpton/Jesse/NAACP" you might have a point.

But as you can plainly see, I said Sharpton/Jesse/NAACP right up to quite possibly Obama himself.

The phrase "right up to" is defining a varying range of participants.

Why am I examining this so closely?

Because right after that, you decided to paint me as quite possibly racist by slyly posing your own personal interpretation of a Q & A on my comment.

And after adding your own speculation, finish up with "you said it, I didn't..."

To answer your "why?", because he already has spoken out on racial incidents that did not require/benefit from his involvement whatsoever as POTUS, to include Kanye (said he was a jackass, and rightfully so.)

And he turned the Skip Gates case into a circus by making his pronouncement without even knowing, by his own admission, all the facts.

So my point was he has already demonstrated a tendency to get involved/speak out about racial issues that would probably proceed a lot smoother without him taking sides.

However, YOU'RE the one who suggested I must have said it either "because of his father's African heritage or just the color of his skin?", NOT me.

This is textbook race-baiting just like the news media does when reporting on the opposition to Obama.

If you're going to pose the question "why?" to me, at least have the decency to find out what my answer actually is rather than speculating what you think my answer would be, and then attributing your speculation to me as if I'd actually said it.

Boy, the fights are on tonight!!!! :lol:

I was simply asking why as a result of your other post and to understand what you were trying to say. I mean "right up to quite possibly" isn't the most direct statement. Whether we agree or not is irrelevant. I just don't think the president should ever be painted in the same stroke as the other two with whom you put him with. Has he REALLY put himself into practically all things racial? That's really a stretch on your example.

I do love the stance you take on race baiting, like the news media when reporting on the opposition to Obama - that is classic deflection. I do apologize if you thought I was being speculative - but that was the road you were leading me down with the innuendo I was reading.

It's been fun having some banter with you today, Type O. You are doing the "Dirty South" justice!

Sorry Type O, I omitted my response to this interesting reaction. I don't have a "personal relationship" with the man at all. However, when I resided in NYC, I had a number of friends in the radio industry who knew the man well and some who still run into him from time to time. It may be a huge city, but that industry is relatively close and everyone knows each other if they have been there for awhile. He absolutely is what I said he was. No rolling of the eyes needed. Later.

Hopefully by now you're done with childish semantics and you'll actual see my points and explain your views on them.

P.S. You spelled "legible" and "illegible" wrong. Ironic huh?

Thanks WBD for pointing out my spelling mistakes, i'm a twat, i would do the same for you but it would take all night. ;)

When i'm done with the "childish semantics" i'm sure you'll be the first to know. (You started it didnt you?)

I dont agree with your "Points" and i believe my Points are Right, so no need to explain anything on my part as far as i can see as i've already done my explaining, do you have anything else on your mind or too add?

Regards, Danny

Thanks WBD for pointing out my spelling mistakes, i'm a twat, i would do the same for you but it would take all night. ;)

The difference being, mine are not geniune spelling mistakes, merely mistypes. Pointing out my failures while misspelling the definition of reading correctly is simply ironic so I pointed it out. My apologies as I can see very well that you're offended I guess.

When i'm done with the "childish semantics" i'm sure you'll be the first to know. (You started it didnt you?)

Care to point out where?

I dont agree with your "Points" and i believe my Points are Right, so no need to explain anything on my part as far as i can see as i've already done my explaining, do you have anything else on your mind or too add?

Regards, Danny

To be fair, you jumped into a conversation that didn't involve you, so I'm not sure why I would be the one to need something from you...

He's a low-life retarded and talentless piece of shit. He perfectly represents everything that is wrong with the music industry and pop culture in general today. It's at the bottom of a sewer. Record executives who promote non-musician thugs like this should be horsewhipped. :angry:

Agreed.

I didn't even bother watching it, its not music that I like at all anyway. Most of the musicians today are just being promoted for money, example: Jonas Brothers, How my dad calls them, Disney Puppets.

Agreed.

I didn't even bother watching it, its not music that I like at all anyway. Most of the musicians today are just being promoted for money, example: Jonas Brothers, How my dad calls them, Disney Puppets.

Well to be fair, promotions, by their definition, are generally only around to make money.

For example, Led Zeppelin was promoted because Atlantic Records wanted to make money.

I was simply asking why as a result of your other post and to understand what you were trying to say. I mean "right up to quite possibly" isn't the most direct statement.

Many people enjoy Led Zeppelin, from old codgers of yesteryear right up to young teens today.

That simply defines the broad range of people who like LZ, not groups them as the same.

If anything, it illustrates the difference or variance of those mentioned.

Bottom line, I wasn't lumping Obama together with the others.

"Quite possibly" was a qualifier I added since I was offering an alternative, therefore fictional, account of what I thought would happen if the racial roles had been reversed.

Has he REALLY put himself into practically all things racial? That's really a stretch on your example.

Do you take everything you hear or read so literally?

Is there no allowance for figurative speech with you?

I do apologize if you thought I was being speculative - but that was the road you were leading me down with the innuendo I was reading.

Innuendo can be pretty subjective, especially where none was meant.

I'd have to say you chose that road on your own.

Sorry Type O, I omitted my response to this interesting reaction. I don't have a "personal relationship" with the man at all. However, when I resided in NYC, I had a number of friends in the radio industry who knew the man well and some who still run into him from time to time. It may be a huge city, but that industry is relatively close and everyone knows each other if they have been there for awhile. He absolutely is what I said he was. No rolling of the eyes needed. Later.

Which is why I said "your once- or twice-removed personal relationship", as in, you assured me you know the type of person he is personally/off the air, but the information was from a friend, or friend of a friend.

I listened to "Imus in the Morning" for a number of years, and the humor they employed was that of equal-opportunity hosing. They let people have it regardless of race or station, and it was a lot more entertaining than the typical "JohnBoy and Billy"-type morning shows that fill the rest of the morning slot, and it was ofttimes educational as well.

They often employed racial dialects and slang the same as any stand-up comedian. The "nappy-headed hoes" comment was a case of poor timing more than an unintentional slur, or slip.

And the second Imus "incident" was even more out of context as his actual point was to mock the common attitude that if a black athlete is involved in a shooting, he must be guilty.

Yet the good Reverend jumped right back on the racial chuckwagon and insisted that his comment was genuine instead of satire.

But a casual or first-time listener of Imus would not understand the humor.

So you can insist that your friend's friend knew Imus intimately enough to know for certain he's a racist, but by your own admission you didn't listen regularly, and only heard the remarks as stand-alone, without the benefit of understanding the context of the show.

So as you said much earlier, agree to disagree.

This kind of discussion is much too hard to conduct on a keyboard. lulz.

Brother, you haven't been debating very long if you truly believe I was "Pwned". As I was trying to get across, you can make an entire song out of just guitars or just a bass, or just one big drum solo. Thus, you can also make music out of just yourself, whether its your voice or a beat you can lay down, you're writing music. Am I wrong?

Where did I insult you? By calling your comment stupid? You took that as a personal insult? Thats either being thin-skinned or misinterpreting what I said but I can assure you I never personally attacked you.

You must not have been debating very long to think that I issued any sort of apology :D

I didn't say that all rap is completely devoid of musicianship. I believe what I said was that country was "moreso" music than rap. It involves greater skill and creativity, and it doesn't (so far as I've heard) constantly sample other people's recordings, which takes the skill of...yes...playing the radio.

BTW, I didn't complain about you calling my comment stupid. It's isn't the first time someone has dismissed something I've said that way instead of relying on substance and employing a bit of tact (liking saying someone is wrong). I just don't see why you are surprised that I would respond in kind.

The difference being, mine are not geniune spelling mistakes, merely mistypes. Pointing out my failures while misspelling the definition of reading correctly is simply ironic so I pointed it out. My apologies as I can see very well that you're offended I guess.

Yea i'm soooooooo offended am i? so you guessed wrong again, as per usual, thats where you go wrong son, you Guess rather than Know, like i know. And "you" trying your utmost to point out that my "Spelling" is so bad while yours is just a "Mistype" is just the "Tip of the Iceberg" of your "Personality Deficit". In my honest opinion.

Care to point out where?

Post 10, you called Reggie "Stupid", and i quote,

"Um...music is music. One style of music cannot be more musical than another style of music. Thats just stupid. "

Your inference is plain for everyone to see.

And again in Post 32, you call Reggie "Ignorant" and a "Liar" and i quote,

"And here is where you are showing incredible ignorance. That is simply not true."

And yet again in Post 49, and i quote yet again,

"First Debunk.

Second debunk.

Game. Set. Match."

To be fair, you jumped into a conversation that didn't involve you,

I'll jump in when people like you Jump on Good People on this Forum like Reggie, if you have a problem with that, or me, then go tell the Mods i'm sure they will tell you the same as i do, "dont give it if you can take it son"

so I'm not sure why I would be the one to need something from you...

Post 59, and i quote,

"Hopefully by now you're done with childish semantics and you'll actual see my points and explain your views on them."

I think everyone can see you are asking me for my views, agreed?

Hi WBD,

As i told you a long time ago, you would make a Great Lawyer or Politician one day, i said one day but thats not "Today" as you have far to much to learn, as far as i'm concerned you're just around here to argue, to give youself some sort of buzz, where you have been for the past months i dont know but obviously it didnt work out for you, tough shit. But dont think that for one minute that you're going to get a free ride while jumping on people who are much more deserving of being treated civily than you are.

Keep this off the Forum if you like, or you could always PM me you know, or even better just ignore me, its better than constantly showing yourself up, isnt it?

Regards, Danny

PS, You got up at what Time? :lol:

PPS, I appologise to you all for my "Pore" Spelling at times, lets thank the the "Ministry of Punctuation" for allowing their "Chief Protagonist" Mr Wanna Be Drummer, to devote so much of his "Limited Spare Time" to "Trawl the Internet" to find "Worthy Victims" to "Bring Forth" and "Publicly Humiliate" before your "Very Eyes" We must also thank him for his "Diligent Work" and his "Tireless Devotion" in this "Quest for Excelence" No doubt soon his work will be rewarded with the "Appropriate Honour". :beer:

(Hope there isnt too many spelling mistakes, next time it might be prison for me) :lol:

You must not have been debating very long to think that I issued any sort of apology :D

This might shock you, but i was being sarcastic.

I didn't say that all rap is completely devoid of musicianship. I believe what I said was that country was "moreso" music than rap. It involves greater skill and creativity, and it doesn't (so far as I've heard) constantly sample other people's recordings, which takes the skill of...yes...playing the radio.
Tell you what, you write a hit song from sampling someones music and I'll admit I'm wrong when I say it takes a hell of lot mroe than just that...especially when most of the time, sampling other artists' recording is not even used.

BTW, I didn't complain about you calling my comment stupid. It's isn't the first time someone has dismissed something I've said that way instead of relying on substance and employing a bit of tact (liking saying someone is wrong). I just don't see why you are surprised that I would respond in kind.

Calling a statement stupid and personal insults are two different things brother. But again, I don't reall give a shit.