ReR Caption Fan Club Thread

zoso13zeppelin

Dierdre,

Wow, that story really does cast an enigma, doesn't it. I cannot believe that such people would do such a thing. Most people don't even ponder on the very intentions of a killer. But you have somehow managed to delve into that psyche.

Many people find it gruesome, but when I hear of the very reasoning behind your main character, I feel as if I don't pardon it, but I am intrigued upon his life. I really do want to know more about this character, because his struggles seem so repulsive, yet out of the ordinary.

And the juxtaposition of the little child shows exactly how the man is trying to somehow have a moral heart, but is consumed by his greed.

I'm not too bad. I only got out of bed about an hour and 20 minutes ago at 12:50. :lol: Didn't sleep well last night at all so I felt terrible this morning. And my brother isn't well at all. I found him collapsed at the top of the stairs at 1:00 in the morning crying out for help. Its happened before when we were in Austria...he was found there collapsed in the kitchen and he had food poisoning and was terribly terribly sick. Last night he kept moaning 'not again, not again'. We all thought he was going to be really ill with something. He's in bed at the moment sleeping. He hasn't had dihorrea or been sick but he has a horrible fever. I was sat next to him last night and I started crying because I hate to see my bro suffer like that. So I was pretty emotionally worn out this morning. But I'm ok now...just glad that he hasn't been severely ill like last time.

Anyway, there you go. :lol:

I kept my hand on his shoulder and tears were just pouring down my cheeks. He almost died when he had food poisoning last time in Austria so I was so scared. When he collapsed he could have also fallen down the stairs, which has happened before and he was in hospital for a few days with that with severe concussion.

Last night he kept looking at me and smiling and saying that he would be alright. If it was me that had collapsed on the floor and me that was unwell my brother would have done the exact same thing. But I sat next to him for hours while my parents rushed around getting blankets and medicines and bowls etc. But I just sat there. My dad kept telling me that I could go to bed, but I can't sleep well anyway, so I sat up with Robert. That's his name, i don't think I've told you that. I can't remember. But yeah, it was very distressing.

Dierdre,

Wow, that story really does cast an enigma, doesn't it. I cannot believe that such people would do such a thing. Most people don't even ponder on the very intentions of a killer. But you have somehow managed to delve into that psyche.

Many people find it gruesome, but when I hear of the very reasoning behind your main character, I feel as if I don't pardon it, but I am intrigued upon his life. I really do want to know more about this character, because his struggles seem so repulsive, yet out of the ordinary.

And the juxtaposition of the little child shows exactly how the man is trying to somehow have a moral heart, but is consumed by his greed.

Thanks for reading it Rabia!

Well, everyone has moments where they say "Ugh, I'd like to kill that person". So the character Vlad has to do it for a living. He's only 15 and an orphan, he's been through a hard life. He has to do these awful things to survive, but the crimes deeply impact on his conscience. That's why I had the images of his victims at the end. And the image of the dead baby with blood around its mouth was to show how much he hates himself for doing what he does.

I hoped you liked it anyway. I think about a lot of that sometimes. Often I think, however horrible it sounds, that if my life was going terribly, I'd rather kill others than kill myself. But I'd be willing to accept whatever punishment I deserved.

Just so you know, Vlad does die at the end. He drowns in the river. I made it so that his conscience was responsible for his death, that it made him suffer for what he had done.

Richard, I hope your brother gets better soon. :(

Edited by wendigo

Deirdre i loved your story! Im writing a book too at the moment but i dont know if i'll ever let anyone read it! I've always wanted to be an author but i figured i couldnt base my whole life around that plan so i figured aiming to become a journalist was the best bet to get me started.

Deirdre i loved your story! Im writing a book too at the moment but i dont know if i'll ever let anyone read it! I've always wanted to be an author but i figured i couldnt base my whole life around that plan so i figured aiming to become a journalist was the best bet to get me started.

Thank you! :blush:

Ha, so am I! But it started 5 years ago and I don't think I'll ever get it finished :lol: Hey, I'd like to become a journalist too! Or an English secondary school teacher.

Me neither because i get bored or think its crap and stop writing for a while! Im doing english and french at uni next year, hopefully modules in creative writing within that. Then will either come back home and write a book or get a job in journalism. well that would be an ideal world, i'll probably end up working in McDonalds :(

Me neither because i get bored or think its crap and stop writing for a while! Im doing english and french at uni next year, hopefully modules in creative writing within that. Then will either come back home and write a book or get a job in journalism. well that would be an ideal world, i'll probably end up working in McDonalds :(

Same with me! I always think it's much better in my head. I'd like to do English Literature and History in uni, which will be in 2 years time. I'm sure you'll get a great job- I'll be sure to hear your name on the international news :)

Richard, so sorry about your brother

I know how horrible it must be to experience that. Flashbacks of my family members suffering are just flying through my head.

Me too. I mean I had flashbacks too, I remember when my brother found out that he had a cancer and he sat in his room in the dark and he cried. It was so horrible I cried so much. I had never seen my brother so sad...

But it's over now. :)

Richard, how is your brother now? I know you're not on.. But I'm worried :(