The Motley Crue Thread

SteveAJones

:stereo: on blasting out Motley Cure self titled album with John Corabi, which was the album that was the first album by the cure, :yourock:

That is the only Motley Crue album in my collection that I love. Was a great album. It is very cool sounding. The band moved in a different direction that I thought it kicked ass.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that is how you make a rock "n' roll movie. "The Dirt" was entertaining as hell...miles and miles better than "Bohemian Rhapsody". I'm not even a fan of Mötley Crüe.

And no...Led Zeppelin would never allow that level of debauchery to be shown in any movie made about them. 

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Now that is how you make a rock "n' roll movie. "The Dirt" was entertaining as hell...miles and miles better than "Bohemian Rhapsody". I'm not even a fan of Mötley Crüe.

Agreed. A rock biopic either has to go all out with the drama and glorification or has to be very dark and disturbing. This one nailed the former, where BR tried to walk between and fell flat. And if the guy who played Vince doesn't also play Randy Rhoads in an Ozzy movie I'll be disappointed. 

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Agreed. A rock biopic either has to go all out with the drama and glorification or has to be very dark and disturbing. This one nailed the former, where BR tried to walk between and fell flat. And if the guy who played Vince doesn't also play Randy Rhoads in an Ozzy movie I'll be disappointed. 

He does look like Randy Rhodes (R.I.P.). The guy playing Ozzy had his mannerisms, ‘85/‘86 hair down to the tattoos and ants. 

R😎

There was so much peeing going on that I thought I had turned on a R. Kelly biopic by mistake. I mean, when a girl is ejaculating/peeing across the room within the first five minutes, you can be sure you're not watching a U2 or Bruce Springsteen biopic.

The movie brought back so many '80s flashbacks to me and it also revealed, coincidentally or not, why that Sunset Strip scene of the '80s ain't ever coming back. Not in these woke #metoo times. Back then, kids flocked to the Strip to rock out and party. Nowadays, kids are repulsed by that. 

And no girl is going to debase herself for the likes of Greta Van Fleet.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

There was so much peeing going on that I thought I had turned on a R. Kelly biopic by mistake. I mean, when a girl is ejaculating/peeing across the room within the first five minutes, you can be sure you're not watching a U2 or Bruce Springsteen biopic.

The movie brought back so many '80s flashbacks to me and it also revealed, coincidentally or not, why that Sunset Strip scene of the '80s ain't ever coming back. Not in these woke #metoo times. Back then, kids flocked to the Strip to rock out and party. Nowadays, kids are repulsed by that. 

And no girl is going to debase herself for the likes of Greta Van Fleet.

They had squirting in the movie? It showed the girl doing that?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
22 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

Vince Neil is the size of a baby elephant - they won't make the gigs - he has ZERO interest in doing this otherwise he would have been in shape by now, he's only had 2 YEARS...

3 years…isn’t happening until 2022. Saw him for one song in May…it was a rough one song.