Question: Does anyone know if old 45 albums are worth anything?

icantquityoubabe

To my friends on the board, does anyone know if old 45's can be used for anything? My mother has a bunch of them including Beatles. Probably a stupid question, if so, Im sure some will let me know.

Thanks

No, they are worthless. Please send them all to me at this address:

Just kidding!! :lol:

Value depends on condition, rarity, original cover/condition, pressing and, of course, demand for the particular piece of vinyl that you have.

No, they are worthless. Please send them all to me at this address:

Just kidding!! :lol:

Value depends on condition, rarity, original cover/condition, pressing and, of course, demand for the particular piece of vinyl that you have.

If there are any Beatles ones that are mint or of worth Ill think of you first before my mother goes on ebay. She deals all kinds of antiques on there. Thanks for responding. I assume they are only worth something as a collectable? They are not transferred to disc beause of unavailability I would assume? I would think anything ever made on album would have been preserved?

If there are any Beatles ones that are mint or of worth Ill think of you first before my mother goes on ebay. She deals all kinds of antiques on there. Thanks for responding. I assume they are only worth something as a collectable? They are not transferred to disc beause of unavailability I would assume? I would think anything ever made on album would have been preserved?

No, not just antiques. Many people, myself included, love the great, warm analog sound that only vinyl can provide!! There is a market as collectables, certainly, but hopefully they will go to someone who enjoys listening to them.

45's were produced because they wear out faster and thus created a "replacement market".

No, not just antiques. Many people, myself included, love the great, warm analog sound that only vinyl can provide!! There is a market as collectables, certainly, but hopefully they will go to someone who enjoys listening to them.

45's were produced because they wear out faster and thus created a "replacement market".

She said she found a bunch of old ones. I have to go over there and see what is there. Thanks.

I have the same question. Are there any guides or something that tell what 45s are worth? Not that I'd sell them, but I'm just interested. I paid $10-15 for the Rolling Stones ones ($15 was for the Japanese Paint it Black), but the rest were inherited. Here's what I've got, in case anyone's seen these lately...I'm especially interested in the Beatles ones, of course.

The Animals

* The House of the Rising Sun / Talkin' Bout You

The Beatles

* A Hard Day's Night / I Should Have Known Better

* Help! / I'm Down

* Hey Jude / Revolution

* I Am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye

* I Want to Hold Your Hand / I Saw Her Standing There

* Matchbox / Slow Down

* Paperback Writer / Rain

* Penny Lane / Strawberry Fields Forever

* Roll Over Beethoven / Please Mr. Postman

* She Loves You / I'll Get You

* She's a Woman / I Feel Fine

* We Can Work It Out / Day Tripper

* Yellow Submarine / Eleanor Rigby

The Byrds

* Mr. Tambourine Man / I Knew I'd Want You

Canned Heat

* On the Road Again / Boogie Music

Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band

* Diddy Wah Diddy / Who Do You Think You're Fooling

The Doors

* People Are Strange / Unhappy Girl

The Fifth Dimension

* Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In / Don'tcha Hear Me Callin' to Ya

Jefferson Airplane

* Ballad of You & Me & Pooneil / Two Heads

The Kinks

* You Really Got Me / It's All Right

The Knickerbockers

* Lies / The Coming Generation

The Lovin' Spoonful

* Darling Be Home Soon / Darlin' Companion

* Rain on the Roof / POW

Paul Revere and the Raiders

* The Great Airplane Strike / In My Community

* Hungry / There She Goes

* Just Like Me / B.F.D.R.F. Blues

The Piltdown Men

* Night Surfin' / Tequila Bossa Nova

The Rolling Stones

* The Last Time / Play with Fire

* Let's Spend the Night Together / Ruby Tuesday

* Paint It, Black / Lady Jane [Japan]

The Surfaris

* Wipe Out / Surfer Joe

The Wailers

* It's You Alone / Tears

The Yardbirds

* Happenings Ten Years Time Ago / The Nazz Are Blue

* I'm a Man / Still I'm Sad

It seems there's people always looking for certain ones so I'm sure they have value to someone as long as they aren't country or old grandma music like Bing Crosby- I worked at a second hand store this summer and it seemed no one ever bought those kind of albums. But as yours are things people look for I'm sure you can sell them but before just throwing them on ebay for dirt cheap you might want to see if they are worth anything.

I have the same question. Are there any guides or something that tell what 45s are worth? Not that I'd sell them, but I'm just interested. I paid $10-15 for the Rolling Stones ones ($15 was for the Japanese Paint it Black), but the rest were inherited. Here's what I've got, in case anyone's seen these lately...I'm especially interested in the Beatles ones, of course.

The Animals

The Beatles

* Help! / I'm Down

* Hey Jude / Revolution

* Matchbox / Slow Down

The Piltdown Men

The Rolling Stones

The Yardbirds

one simple question: are these american pressings with standard sleeves (I mean no picture sleeves)??

so the value will be, in any case, about 1$ (maybe 5$ for the Yardbirds in mint conditions)

if old 45 are valuable? well, yes, depending on conditions first and how many copy surfaced the market ...

if you've a copy of this one

imm1180b.jpg

it'll be not less than 5000$ if in mint conditions ...

So, one thing to remember: if a famous song of a famous band is on a standard single, we are talking about million copies pressed ... so what's the value for that? nothing!

If you have Led Zeppelin singles, I think there'll be some kind of interest in this forum ...

p.s. the Rolling Stones: millions of copies and thousands of collectors ... difficult to find a rare single

I have like.....over 60 old 45s and they are my moms. Although a couple are my dad's. She said they were all hers and I said "oh really? I didn't know you liked Alice Cooper, mom" then she went "oh....ok, yeah, that one's your dad's" I have Simon And Garfunkel's first single! :o

I have Trampled Underfoot/ Black Country Woman. It's Limited Edition, the sleeve says so. It was released in 1975 in the UK, with a pressing of 5000. And I got one. *does happy dance* I have other but that one may be the coolest. Or my first pressing Zep 3 45.

one simple question: are these american pressings with standard sleeves (I mean no picture sleeves)??

so the value will be, in any case, about 1$ (maybe 5$ for the Yardbirds in mint conditions)

if old 45 are valuable? well, yes, depending on conditions first and how many copy surfaced the market ...

if you've a copy of this one

imm1180b.jpg

it'll be not less than 5000$ if in mint conditions ...

So, one thing to remember: if a famous song of a famous band is on a standard single, we are talking about million copies pressed ... so what's the value for that? nothing!

If you have Led Zeppelin singles, I think there'll be some kind of interest in this forum ...

p.s. the Rolling Stones: millions of copies and thousands of collectors ... difficult to find a rare single

Ah, thanks! Nope, no Led Zep singles unfortunately...and yep, they're all American pressings, but a lot of them do have the picture sleeves. The Yardbirds ones are in pretty good condition, still have the picture sleeve and everything. $5, eh? Hehe, guess I won't be getting rich any time soon, darn! Not that I'd sell them, though. The Yardbirds ones are my favorites - I love that I actually have Happenings Ten Years' Time Ago with Jimmy on it and all.

The Animals

The Beatles

* Help! / I'm Down

* Hey Jude / Revolution

* Matchbox / Slow Down

The Byrds

* Mr. Tambourine Man / I Knew I'd Want You

Canned Heat

* On the Road Again / Boogie Music

Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band

* Diddy Wah Diddy / Who Do You Think You're Fooling

The Doors

* People Are Strange / Unhappy Girl

The Fifth Dimension

* Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In / Don'tcha Hear Me Callin' to Ya

Jefferson Airplane

* Ballad of You & Me & Pooneil / Two Heads

The Kinks

* You Really Got Me / It's All Right

The Knickerbockers

* Lies / The Coming Generation

The Lovin' Spoonful

* Darling Be Home Soon / Darlin' Companion

* Rain on the Roof / POW

Paul Revere and the Raiders

* The Great Airplane Strike / In My Community

* Hungry / There She Goes

* Just Like Me / B.F.D.R.F. Blues

The Piltdown Men

The Rolling Stones

The Surfaris

* Wipe Out / Surfer Joe

The Wailers

* It's You Alone / Tears

The Yardbirds

wow what a nice collection!!

just a note:

i will take any and all unwanted 45's

i know, you'll get money on ebay, but still had to put that out there.

good luck with finding out how much they're worth!

opps, I realised now that your question was about "45 albums"

to my knowledge there's only one 45 album = 12" at 45 rpm and it's the Stairway To Heaven brasilian single ... but at the moment I'm not 100% sure about 45 rpm (or 33)

usually, albums are the 12" records (long playing) B)

I think the poster is refering to 45 rpm singles. I found out the hard way a few years ago that most vinyl (45 rpm or otherwise) simply isn't worth much unless you have some sort of rarity on your hands. There are some sites out there which may be helpful though, try Googling "Record Collector's".

wow what a nice collection!!

just a note:

i will take any and all unwanted 45's

i know, you'll get money on ebay, but still had to put that out there.

good luck with finding out how much they're worth!

Thanks! I appreciate your offer, but I don't think I'm going to sell any of them. Like dragster said, I love the musical history! Plus, they're a nice reminder of my uncle, who passed away a couple of years ago (not to be a downer or anything). I just sort of wondered what they're value would be (or if they had any at all, heh) out of general curiosity. Too bad I don't have anything to play them on...my turntable only plays LPs, unfortunately.