LIB/CON or LIB/LAB RAINBOW ALLIANCE

leddy

I for one am happy that the Libs are talking to the Labour party now, I hope any coalition gets set up to stop the tories from ruining our country again as they did in the 1980's, The health service in a healthier ( pun not intended) now than it was over 13 years ago.

Yes they haven't got it all right but who ever does, I hope we can get electoral reform soon so my vote actually counts instead of having to tactually vote.

I for one am happy that the Libs are talking to the Labour party now, I hope any coalition gets set up to stop the tories from ruining our country again as they did in the 1980's, The health service in a healthier ( pun not intended) now than it was over 13 years ago.

Yes they haven't got it all right but who ever does, I hope we can get electoral reform soon so my vote actually counts instead of having to tactually vote.

Well said, I hope it's not just a ploy to force the Tories to accept PR or something.Good to see Brown going though!!!!!!!!

Clegg would be a disgrace if he joined up with the Labour party. He clearly stated that he would side with whoever got the most public support - that was the Conservative Party. More people in the country wanted the Conservatives to lead, and that's how it should be.

So is everyone going to hold hands now?

I'd rather see some fist fights muhself, especially here in the states.

:duel:  :rant:  :soapbox:  :injured:

:lol:

I'm soooooo there. I've got about 20 years of being told my point of view is irrelevant..tin foil hat.. yaddah yaddah... of course I'm always right, but that doesn't seem to matter.   Both my vehicles are bicycles... I'm buying local, recycling everything, fixing 50 year old tube-tronics.  

Today Oil fish is on the southern menu... the dirty south that is. Today Steve A Jones enjoys steak. Tomorrow will be the same, sometime beyond that, the cycle of life from the sea bed will indicate it's true damage farther up the food-chain, and on land. Welcome to the punishment for the sin of gluttony. It's going to unfold as slowly as it will painfully.

Tory leader David Cameron has entered Number 10 Downing Street as Prime Minister for the first time - and said: "This is going to be hard and difficult work."

It came just a short while after Gordon Brown quit as prime minister, telling the country he had "loved the job" and adding: "Thank you and goodbye," before walking out of Downing Street with his wife and sons.

Sky News' political correspondent Jon Craig's sources have revealed that George Osborne, long-time friend and colleague of Mr Cameron, gets the job of Chancellor of the Exchequer. The Lib Dems' Vince Cable will be his number two.

It is likely that Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg will become Deputy Prime Minister.

And William Hague will get the job of Foreign Secretary.

A dark day indeed...The Libs have more in common with Labour thanthe The Tories, but they have sold their souls to a man who went to school with Prince Edward...enough said..The Eton brigade are back looking after their own...Yes Clegg did say he was going to talk to whoever had the most votes although they didn't win.

The only good thing is at least the LIbs will keep the Tories in check and at least stop them from full on change that they would inforce...I am in a minority but I thought Brown was ok, had conviction although he didn't have the charisma of others, thats not really the point.

Coalitons are the way forward now and I for one will gunning for PR in some form so that my vote actually counts next time and will be there in London on sat to say so.

Bollocks to the Tories and glad they didn't get a full majority and had to get help from Libs.

I'm not Tory, and actually believe ( like many ) that they are all as bad as each-other, I just think the public vote should stand, and although they didn't get the majority they got the MOST, so watching the other parties attempt to exclude them REALLY riled me up and I am glad those talks failed.

Like you Leddy I am hopeful that the coalition will mean a "diluted" version of ANY extreme party politics and that we will all hardly notice the join.

One final thought - I don't think saying he went to school with Prince Edward is "enough said" - in my opinion, prejudice against rich and/or expensively educated people is just as vile as prejudice against anyone else. There are just as many toffs in the Labour party as the Tory party these days - the "party of the people" ended long,long ago.

*spelling again. I really must hire a typist.

I'm not Tory, and actually believe ( like many ) that they are all as bad as each-other, I just think the public vote should stand, and although they didn't get the majority they got the MOST, so watching the other parties attempt to exclude them REALLY riled me up and I am glad those talks failed.

Like you Leddy I am hopeful that the coalition will mean a "diluted" version of ANY extreme party politics and that we will all hardly notice the join.

One final thought - I don't think saying he went to school with Prince Edward is "enough said" - in my opinion, prejudice against rich and/or expensively educated people is just as vile as prejudice against anyone else. There are just as many toffs in the Labour party as the Tory party these days - the "party of the people" ended long,long ago.

I wouldnt have held it agenst the Lib Dems if they'd done a deal with Labour IF it had gotten them more of their stated policeys. The Tory's got the most votes but not a majority and the Lib Dems priority should be their own voters and I suspect there going to lose alot of them in this alliance.

It could well be that Labour werent offering that much more though, they know there in a strong position as a opposition party and that the Conservatives are going to have to make some very unpopular cuts and are going to be unable to deliver on immigration to the extent the racist vote wants. They actually have more to lose than the Tory's with PR and this alliance is unlikely to last the full 5 years so the feeling maybe its better to loose power in the short term and rebuild rather than hang on and risk a Tory landslide that could keep them in power for much longer.

Yes you right there as most toffs are actually ok (Boris Johnson is pure gold in my opinion), I think it was more a case of I was feeling jaded by it all and was sticking up for Brown who I thought was hounded by the press because he lacked charisma etc. Was impressed by Clegg talking actually and I do hope the coalition does well for our country, it could be the way forward like in most Euro countries having coalitions.

What I want to know is this goes really well, in 5 years who do we vote for, because do the Tories/lib stand as one or apart, and if its apart but they both did a good job ???!! anyway thats the future.

Archived