Underrated, Overrated, or Just Right

Lunacy

Really simple.

I'll start off by posting an artist and who ever posts next will say if their "Underrated, Overrated, or Just Right".

And you must post a good reason as to why you said what you said.

Okay?

I'll start. AC/DC

Really simple.

I'll start off by posting an artist and who ever posts next will say if their "Underrated, Overrated, or Just Right".

And you must post a good reason as to why you said what you said.

Okay?

I'll start. AC/DC

I will say slightly overrated, because when I saw them live, it was unfortunately the worst concert I've ever seen (love their studio albums though).

Steely Dan?

This is so....How should I put it....off key.

Sorry, I can say much about this subject as I like most all type's of music. Yeah, some bands get thrown around a lot and no body is perfect.

Do you want to know how we feel about the bands that just seem to keep going and going? Do you want to find out if we think that a band should only have so much of a spotlight and for only so long?

Keep it real man!

This is so....How should I put it....off key.

Sorry, I can say much about this subject as I like most all type's of music. Yeah, some bands get thrown around a lot and no body is perfect.

Do you want to know how we feel about the bands that just seem to keep going and going? Do you want to find out if we think that a band should only have so much of a spotlight and for only so long?

Keep it real man!

I don't think it's good or valid to do a thread like this just for the simple fact that music is so subjective. It may be true that there are some artists that may be a bit over-hyped. Some will agree while others will believe that those artists deserve every ounce of credit.

I will say slightly overrated, because when I saw them live, it was unfortunately the worst concert I've ever seen (love their studio albums though).

Steely Dan?

Underated for me, a few tracks and Aja get alot of praise but I struggle to think of an american band who came up with as much consistantly good material as they did in the 70's.

The Stone Roses

Just right until about 1976, massively overrated since then.

Adam Lambert

I think this follows in the idea of what was said in post#4.

When I read this I thought he meant Led Zeppelin, not the Rolling Stones.

Edited by BenRassmu

Just right, although I'm not a fan of theirs.

Heart.

In the 70s: underrated

In the 80s/since: just right

The pop'ish bent in the mid 80s was overall a little meh for me, although they were still great live, and I have always loved their music.

Dave Matthews Band?