www.jimmypage.com

The countdown starts from Germany on late afternoon. That would be now 10 hours to that. Maybe the site is online then.

The countdown was arguably contingent upon either GMT (London time) or the presence of an hour glass. Perhaps the site will come online later but for it not to have done so on time is ridiculously daft.

The countdown was arguably contingent upon either GMT (London time) or the presence of an hour glass. Perhaps the site will come online later but for it not to have done so on time is ridiculously daft.

Completely agree! To carry this out with such timely precission and then to completely blow the inception of the site is, for lack of better term, whack!

BTW, I still have no roman numerals anymore on my iPhone screen. The only reason why I put it that way is because I don't know how many people are using PC's, iPads or other forms of Internet communication. B)

Haha perhaps thats all the countdown was for, to get more forum members.

Jimmy Page is a marketing genius!!!

slapface.gif

Well, much truth is said in jest. It's a little like what Page and Plant used to say in the early days of Zeppelin, about how their music caught on so when the music press wasn't following them: they literally said their music was like a good joint that got passed around. Think of the forums like this 'official' one and beyond, then multiply that by the word of mouth — I've mentioned it to family and friends, shown them the site, sent the link, etc. So it is a sort of viral grass roots marketing effort, but it's also kind of subtle and even thoughtful too. Like Jimmy's reaching out to us loyalists first. Makes us feel like we're "in the know," even if we're "in the dark" still. At some point "all will be revealed," and we'll all be "in the light." ;-)