Songs Which Make You Laugh Out Loud

Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Jahfin, I really really loved that one! That man can pick a guitar! Wow! Just wow! Loved the really cool "wild west", "ride'em cowboy" sort of twist to that one!! Thanks for posting this Jahfin!!! :D

Thanks. Lindley's great and one of my all time favorite guitarists. You've probably heard him on tons of records but just never realized it. He first came to my attention via Jackson Browne and the album Running On Empty. I became hooked with the first of the three David Lindley & El Rayo-X studio albums and have been a diehard fan ever since. Be sure to check 'em out if ever you get the chance. If you're anything like me, you'll be blown away by his playing.

Thanks. Lindley's great and one of my all time favorite guitarists. You've probably heard him on tons of records but just never realized it. He first came to my attention via Jackson Browne and the album Running On Empty. I became hooked with the first of the three David Lindley & El Rayo-X studio albums and have been a diehard fan ever since. Be sure to check 'em out if ever you get the chance. If you're anything like me, you'll be blown away by his playing.

Jahfin, thanks for the tip! :D You're right! I have definitely heard this guy! Being a fan of CSNY, I can't believe this guy worked with them! Not to mention Rod Stewart, Dolly Parton and Bob Dylan! Wow! :wub: But I truly hope that he is not too underrated! :blink: His work is definitely worth checking out! :D

Ooh, btw, I have to say this. I really really really love your avatar! It's just so daring and bold! It in my opinion, is pretty much the best looking one on the forum! I've seen so many avatars not only on this forum but on other forums too and yours is the one which stands out for me to be honest! :D It truly makes one hell of a statement! ;) So cool! B) I have to ask, who in the world is that bloke with the guitar giving the audience "the finger"? LOL! :lol:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

I thought I could do with some light relief so I looked this one up on You Tube. :D I used to have this on a record as a child (in fact I think my mum still has it somewhere!). I also loved Rupert Bear (and still do!). :D And Paul McCartney of course!

Edited by Magic Fills the Air

Jahfin, thanks for the tip! :D You're right! I have definitely heard this guy! Being a fan of CSNY, I can't believe this guy worked with them! Not to mention Rod Stewart, Dolly Parton and Bob Dylan! Wow! :wub: But I truly hope that he is not too underrated! :blink: His work is definitely worth checking out! :D

He's certainly well respected by his fellow musicians in the industry, which sort of puts him in the "musicians' musician" category so it's not like he shows up on a lot of "best of" guitar player lists but he is certainly one of them. His track record pretty much speaks for itself. As a teenager he won the Topanga Canyon Bluegrass Banjo and Fiddle Contest in CA five years in a row (in fact, they had to retire him to Judge so others could have a chance at winning). He was also in the seminal folk-psychedelic band Kaleidoscope (who I've yet to check out) before going on to all of that great session work and his life long career with Jackson Browne. Speaking of which, they have a new live album out together that I highly recommend called Love Is Strange. They even revisit some vintage tunes Lindley's El Rayo-X covered which are the highlight of the album to me.

Ooh, btw, I have to say this. I really really really love your avatar! It's just so daring and bold! It in my opinion, is pretty much the best looking one on the forum! I've seen so many avatars not only on this forum but on other forums too and yours is the one which stands out for me to be honest! :D It truly makes one hell of a statement! ;) So cool! B) I have to ask, who in the world is that bloke with the guitar giving the audience "the finger"? LOL! :lol:

You finish your sentence with a "LOL" so I'm not quite sure if you're serious or not. Not to pick but you honestly don't know who that is?

You finish your sentence with a "LOL" so I'm not quite sure if you're serious or not. Not to pick but you honestly don't know who that is?

Well, putting an LOL there is pretty much my way of expressing situations when stuff really makes me smile or cheers me up or when I really like something! And I am absolutely serious when I said that I like your avi. When I say that I like something, I mean it! Anyway, no, I actually have no idea who that guy in your avi is! Cheers! :)

Well, putting an LOL there is pretty much my way of expressing situations when stuff really makes me smile or cheers me up or when I really like something! And I am absolutely serious when I said that I like your avi. When I say that I like something, I mean it! Anyway, no, I actually have no idea who that guy in your avi is! Cheers! :)

Cool, just being sure. It's Johnny Cash. Like so many great things, the story behind the photo is a bit of a mystery, even to the photographer that actually snapped the shot, the late Jim Marshall (see below).

"Johnny flipping the bird at San Quentin Prison, 1969. Contrary to popular belief, John has never been in prison. I think he got busted once for being drunk or something when he was a kid - I don't know and it's none of my business - but he's never been in jail. I've known John since 1962, and I forget why he flipped the bird in this picture. It might have been directed at the television crew who was filming there, or I might have suggested doing a special shot for the warden, but for whatever reason, this has become a very famous, iconic picture. His record company is still using it. It shows John's individuality, but the gesture was definitely done in jest. John's got a great sense of humor and this was not a serious shot."

— Jim Marshall

Cool, just being sure. It's Johnny Cash. Like so many great things, the story behind the photo is a bit of a mystery, even to the photographer that actually snapped the shot, the late Jim Marshall (see below).

"Johnny flipping the bird at San Quentin Prison, 1969. Contrary to popular belief, John has never been in prison. I think he got busted once for being drunk or something when he was a kid - I don't know and it's none of my business - but he's never been in jail. I've known John since 1962, and I forget why he flipped the bird in this picture. It might have been directed at the television crew who was filming there, or I might have suggested doing a special shot for the warden, but for whatever reason, this has become a very famous, iconic picture. His record company is still using it. It shows John's individuality, but the gesture was definitely done in jest. John's got a great sense of humor and this was not a serious shot."

— Jim Marshall

Ooh! Interesting stuff for sure! I do agree with Jim Marshall when he states that the pic shows Johnny's individuality! And looks like the man had a great sense of humour! And that is one iconic photo indeed! Love it! B)

I thought I could do with some light relief so I looked this one up on You Tube. :D I used to have this on a record as a child (in fact I think my mum still has it somewhere!). I also loved Rupert Bear (and still do!). :D And Paul McCartney of course!

Magic, I love Rupert Bear!!! In fact, my grandad (from my mom's side) bought the movie "Rupert and The Frog Song" in the form of a VHS cassette for me when I was just 4 years old! That cassette contained "Rupert and The Frog Song" and also a movie about "Paddington Bear". Iconic stuff! It was in fact my very first movie! :D I used to keep singing the line : "Side by side, hand in hand, we all stand together!" :wub: That song brings back so many amazing childhood memories! I still love it so much! :blush: Thank you so much for posting this Magic! It really means a lot to me! :wub: And did Paul McCartney create that song? Gosh! I never knew! Now I love him even more!! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

This one isn't supposed to be funny, but always makes me lol (and I love this movie):) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snL8tTlfbJY

Virginia, that song from "The Sound of Music" always makes me laugh too! I actually thought of posting it today but you beat me to it! :D Thank you! :D I really love the cute puppet show they put up! :wub: This song was a childhood fav of mine!! I love all the yodelling too! That song, "Climb Every Mountain", "Edelweiss" and "So Long Farewell" are some of my favourite songs from "The Sound of Music" :wub:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Probably one of the first novelty songs I ever remember hearing. Somewhere, I even have a copy of it on 78 that I inherited from an older sibling.

107731.jpg

and the flipside:

That was just insanely funny Jahfin! I loved all the "Ha-Ha"s, the "He-He"s and the "Ho-Ho"s. It had this crazy marching-band sort of twist to it! And I do love the weird hat that guy is wearing! I really think that it was a paper version of the weird looking hat "Napoleon Bonaparte" used to wear! :lol:

That was just insanely funny Jahfin! I loved all the "Ha-Ha"s, the "He-He"s and the "Ho-Ho"s. It had this crazy marching-band sort of twist to it! And I do love the weird hat that guy is wearing! I really think that it was a paper version of the weird looking hat "Napoleon Bonaparte" used to wear! :lol:

It's an homage to the original album cover and the artist that recorded the song, Napoleon XIV but you may have already figured that out.

3142666899_bd5d5c22a8.jpg

Magic, I love Rupert Bear!!! In fact, my grandad (from my mom's side) bought the movie "Rupert and The Frog Song" in the form of a VHS cassette for me when I was just 4 years old! That cassette contained "Rupert and The Frog Song" and also a movie about "Paddington Bear". Iconic stuff! It was in fact my very first movie! :D I used to keep singing the line : "Side by side, hand in hand, we all stand together!" :wub: That song brings back so many amazing childhood memories! I still love it so much! :blush: Thank you so much for posting this Magic! It really means a lot to me! :wub: And did Paul McCartney create that song? Gosh! I never knew! Now I love him even more!! :D

You're very welcome Kiwi. I really enjoyed listening to it again. :) Yes, Paul McCartney wrote it, it's on his 'greatest hits' CD I have. He got quite a bit of stick at the time and still does for writing such a 'silly' song, but, like you say, I just have even more respect for him for doing something like that for kids (and adults :D ). As you say, 'Side by side, hand in hand, we all stand togther' is such a lovely sentiment. I always thought we should have this song as our national anthem! :yesnod: In fact, I think I should write to the Queen and Prime Minister and suggest it! :lol:

Edited by Magic Fills the Air

Virginia, that song from "The Sound of Music" always makes me laugh too! I actually thought of posting it today but you beat me to it! :D Thank you! :D I really love the cute puppet show they put up! :wub: This song was a childhood fav of mine!! I love all the yodelling too! That song, "Climb Every Mountain", "Edelweiss" and "So Long Farewell" are some of my favourite songs from "The Sound of Music" :wub:

I think the funny part is me trying to sing along with Julie Andrews :lol: Makes my kids crazy ("no mom! stooop!") :lol:

You're very welcome Kiwi. I really enjoyed listening to it again. :) Yes, Paul McCartney wrote it, it's on his 'greatest hits' CD I have. He got quite a bit of stick at the time and still does for writing such a 'silly' song, but, like you say, I just have even more respect for him for doing something like that for kids (and adults :D ). As you say, 'Side by side, hand in hand, we all stand togther' is such a lovely sentiment. I always thought we should have this song as our national anthem! :yesnod: In fact, I think I should write to the Queen and Prime Minister and suggest it! :lol:

Magic, that is a splendid idea indeed! :D If your awesome idea is approved of, the UK will most certainly end up having the best national anthem in the world! That's for sure! B) And I do hope that NZ will follow suit! :angel: Wow! I am certainly letting my imagination get the best of me! :lol:

I think the funny part is me trying to sing along with Julie Andrews :lol: Makes my kids crazy ("no mom! stooop!") :lol:

LOL! :lol: My mom ALWAYS sings along to "Lonely Goatherd" and I sing along with her too and my poor dad pretty much tries to cover his ears with his best ear plugs! :lol:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Well, since my mom is watching "The Wizard of OZ" right now, she and I are practically giggling over this song :hysterical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn-F24i0uDQ

And then there is the teddy bear song :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhRdT6mWE9I

My mom used to sing this to me when I was a baby and use the rather scruffy looking teddy bear we had as a sort of puppet! :lol:

For me, it has to be a song by the1970's British band called Lieutenant Pigeon. It was the second highest hit of 1972, entitled 'Mouldy Old Dough'. The words 'mouldy old dough' were the only lyrics! One of the band's old mum was on the piano!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vy32skBSHs0

From Wikipedia:-

Lieutenant Pigeon was a British musical group popular in the early 1970s. A spin-off from an experimental music band Stavely Makepeace,[1] it was fronted by Rob Woodward. The group's sound was dominated by a heavy ragtime-style piano played by Woodward's mother, Hilda.

Lieutenant Pigeon achieved two UK hits: "Mouldy Old Dough", written by Rob Woodward with bandmate Nigel Fletcher, reached number one in 1972, followed by "Desperate Dan" (number 17 in 1973).[2] Both tracks were largely instrumental, with the titles providing virtually the only lyrics. "Mouldy Old Dough" (the title being an adaptation of the 1920s jazz phrase, "vo-de-o-do") became the second biggest selling UK single of the year, behind The Band of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards' bagpipe version of "Amazing Grace".

Lieutenant Pigeon scored a further hit, in the autumn of 1974, when it reached number 3 in the Australian charts with a cover version of "I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen".

Hilda Woodward died, aged 85, on 22 February 1999.

Edited by kenog