What is everyone's favorite guitar pedal?

AchillesFault

How about another question for everyone............. What is everyone's favorite guitar pedal to use? . I have my Dunlop/MXR pedals in addition to my Digitech Harmonyman and my Danelectro REELEcho. I just won a Hendrix Octavio pedal on eBay tonight that I am anxious to add to my setup. I am interested in seeing what other people use and what their preferred settings might be.

How about another question for everyone............. What is everyone's favorite guitar pedal to use? . I have my Dunlop/MXR pedals in addition to my Digitech Harmonyman and my Danelectro REELEcho. I just won a Hendrix Octavio pedal on eBay tonight that I am anxious to add to my setup. I am interested in seeing what other people use and what their preferred settings might be.

Eric Clapton and Mick Turner might be using these

IMGP7824%20%281%29-filtered.jpg

Disraeli Gears

but I'm not sure about the settings ... B)

Edited by sweetredwine

VOX V847 wah. Give a 15 watt tube amp with spring reverb and a wah is all I need. I've used everything from Italian made wah's from the 70's to today's cheap Asian cheapies and boutigue wah's like the Teese RM2, for the money the 847 is a must have. It's the only outboard effect I own, sound good in front of my Blues Jr.

VOX V847 wah. Give a 15 watt tube amp with spring reverb and a wah is all I need. I've used everything from Italian made wah's from the 70's to today's cheap Asian cheapies and boutigue wah's like the Teese RM2, for the money the 847 is a must have. It's the only outboard effect I own, sound good in front of my Blues Jr.

I should try that one. I got a Van Halen wah on eBay for 90 bucks a few weeks ago that was practically brand new (list price around $169.00) and I love it. I am glad I got it since I broke my Zakk Wylde wah which was nice, but I felt it was too noisy at times. The VH wah has a nice smooth and clean feel and it can sing! To have it painted with the Van Halen II graphic stripes is very cool to boot. It sounds great as the first step of my setup followed by:

1. MXR distortion +

2. MXR classic Overdrive

3. Digitech Harmony Man

4. MXR Chorus (set at the Rush Distorted Chorus setting which sounds great either clean or distorted)

5. MXR Van Halen phaser (With the script button turned on and the knob set slow between 7-8 o'clock)

6. MXR Van Halen Flanger (Set for good jet sounding flange over the top. I don't use the EVH script button since it can sound a little too chaotic)

7. MXR Blue Box (Can anyone out there give me the setting for the Fool In the Rain solo tone? The pedal is cool but I want to contain it to get that cool linear effect you hear on the record.)

8. Danelectro REEL ECHO (a fun pedal that takes some getting used to but when you can get a nice delay, lock the setting down and go with it!)

Finally going into my finally going into my Vox 50W Valvetronix amp. Although I am thinking of getting the new Vox AC30VR amp which has their valve reactor techology in an amp that just models a classic AC30 without anything else. I tried one out and I think that will be an amp I want to upgrade to when I have 500 bucks set aside in the fall.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate it when players use pedals as ''talent boosters'',although if used properly,you can give a nice flavour in your sound.I'd say that the MXR Phase 90,the Vox wah-wah,the Boss Super Overdrive,and the MXR Distortion plus,are great.But still,i prefer the oldschool ''Guitar straight in the amp'' combination! :D

Edited by Zoso94T

A long long time ago, late 70s` or early 80s`, I forget,....Bought this distortion pedal near Berkley on Mass ave. Can`t for the life of me remember what store,...they all changed, anyway, it`s the only one I`ve ever owned or used, has three nobs, Volume, Filter, Distortion,...and has a little steel peg that you step on, says ...RAT... on the top, but the brand name has faded off cuz it got some rust on it now so I can`t tell ya who makes it. I have never had a problem with it, it sounds great, only have to change the 9 volt battery every now and then. This thing CRANKS your amp. All the other features I sometimes use, are on the amp. anyway. I don`t know what it`s like to use any other !!

Well, ..that`s the one I use !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ummm....I had a Marshall Drive Master stomp box that made every thing I pluged it into sound like a Marshall amp, great pedal. I got a Marshall Jackhammer box a few years back and was very disapointed with it. Zvex makes some good stuff too http://zvex.com/

Edited by BonzoLikeDrumer

• 2 months later...

I do like my Artec analog delay pedal, very subltle and much prefer it to digital....my least fave is.... a chorus pedal, I do not have one now as never liked em....also like my Phaser pedal...how sad talking pedals lol.