Thee Soul & Rhythm and Blues Thread

Swede

Glad you took what I said in the spirit it was meant :D It just happens to be one of my all time favorites and like just about all of the songs on this thread, so many great cover versions . I guess it just proves that a great song is a great song no matter who covers them ;) . BTW, Johnny Rivers does a nice version too

Glad you took what I said in the spirit it was meant :D It just happens to be one of my all time favorites and like just about all of the songs on this thread, so many great cover versions . I guess it just proves that a great song is a great song no matter who covers them ;) . BTW, Johnny Rivers does a nice version too

Here's another classic that should bring back a few memories. Maybe not for everyone but certainly us of a certain vintage :D

Here's another classic that should bring back a few memories. Maybe not for everyone but certainly us of a certain vintage :D

Well ally, if you're goal was to make laugh tonight, you just hit the jackpot.

"A certain vintage" ....what a lovely way to put it!! :hysterical:

Here's another appropriate song that I like an awful lot from the Four Tops.

It was either this or Standing in the Shadows of Love.

A nice documentry on the two guy's who not only created " The Sound Of Philadelphia " but who also set a standard in soul music production matched only by Barry Gordy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

BUMP

I have to post this little tune here. It's by Louis Jordan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qROFl0sbrjo

This was actually my first R&B song. I first heard it when I was 4 years old on that hilarious "Tom And Jerry" cartoon! :lol::P I know that it was a long time ago (almost 20 years to be precise) but I still remember that tune! It is pretty unforgettable! :wub:

Oh and I love the version by B.B King too! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sypB-adPlM

I almost put this clip in the One Hit Wonder thread.

That would have been a mistake. The Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose had one other additional top 40 (but I sure don't remember it) :)

This slide show is one of the best I've seen on You/tube.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ally, are you and I the only ones to keep this thread going?!

So much great music to select.....nice song you picked for Stevie.

Here is my own favorite from Stevie's early career.

Stevie Wonder could have his own thread here and it would never get old! ...........:) missy

Archived