Myles Kennedy Talks About Project With JP,JPP & JB Coming To Nothing

kenog

Source:- www.rockaaa.com

Kennedy wasn’t offered Velvet Revolver job

Alter Bridge singer Myles says there was talk but never an invitation as he recalls experience of nearly fronting Led Zeppelin

Published: Tuesday, November 30th, 2010. © Rock AAA.

myleskennedy.jpg

Myles Kennedy says that although there was talk of him being asked to join Velvet Revolver in place of Scott Weiland, the job was never offered to him.

But the singer and guitarist, who’s currently on tour with main band Alter Bridge ahead of recording vocals and touring for Slash’s second solo album, is happy with the way things have turned out.

And he’s still blown away by his memories of coming close to fronting Led Zeppelin after Robert Plant refused to tour with his old band.

Kennedy tells MusicRadar: “There was talk of the gig with Velvet Revolver, but I was never officially given an offer.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/interview-myles-kennedy-talks-alter-bridge-slash-and-led-zeppelin-314959

“It was floated around and it would be a huge honour, because I think the guys in Velvet Revolver are tremendous.

“But I’m very happy with what I’m doing in Alter Bridge and Slash. It’s not that singing for Velvet Revolver wouldn’t be enticing – but I’ve made my plans now and my plate is pretty full. Between Slash and Alter Bridge I have enough going on.”

Kennedy was invited to join VR even before Weiland was called, but says he didn’t accept because at the time he was disillusioned with the music business, and he wanted to concentrate on teaching guitar.

And he’s not upset over his work with Led Zep’s Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham coming to nothing.

He says: “It was never supposed to be Led Zeppelin per se. How could it be? I think they were just itching to play again. But they weren’t really sure of what they wanted to do.

“I got together with them in June 2008 and we just jammed some ideas. Everything went really well, but I was just flattered beyond belief to be in the same room with these guys. Everything I learned about rock I learned from Led Zeppelin.”

The band gathered again a few months later, but the project fizzled out – and Kennedy still isn’t sure why.

But he says: “Just being near Jimmy Page was unbelievable. Hearing the guys’ stories and the whole experience is something I’ll always treasure.”

Meanwhile, original Led Zep drummer John Bonham’s son and replacement Jason has revealed he’s disappointed over Robert Plant decision not to stay on their one-off show in 2007. But he says he understands the reasons why.

He tells LA Weekly: “Robert always said, ‘Jason, you know I love you and I know how great you are as a player. On the night you were great. But to me Led Zeppelin is John, not Jason.’

“Although it would benefit me to have gone on and done it, I also agree with what he says. I understand. As much as I was disappointed, I feel blessed that I got to live in that short time – and be the most famous drummer

It amazes me that even though in the interview Myles said it was never going to be called "Led Zeppelin" yet that's exactly how it's referred to in the headline. I also found it odd that any thread with a mention of Myles stepping in for Plant on here was pulled back when this was news. What good was that supposed to do exactly? It obviously wasn't very secret if it had leaked to the press.

I think the project failed because Page and Jones didn't really need it anymore. They probably lost the itch midway and anyways, the world isn't short of Plant soundalikes. Just good frontmen. The key word is Authenticity.

I saw Myles with Slash on tour and he fit like a glove. Myles belongs there. That said, when G & R tracks like Paradise City came on - Myles went into Axl Rose sing-alike mode, so I do wonder if he has the originality to interpret but still retain the essence of the songs. Great technical range though.

I saw Slash and Myles on "That Metal Show on Saturday night and Eddie Trunk said, "you were in Led Zeppelin!"

The subject was diverted and they ran out of time before Myles had a good chance to speak about it. Even Eddie Trunk called them Led Zeppelin.

I saw Slash and Myles on "That Metal Show on Saturday night and Eddie Trunk said, "you were in Led Zeppelin!"

The subject was diverted and they ran out of time before Myles had a good chance to speak about it. Even Eddie Trunk called them Led Zeppelin.

Again, the mainstream press doing all they can to misinform the public.

I saw That Metal Show and when Eddie asked Myles about fronting Led Zeppelin and whether or not they could talk about it, Myles sank down in his seat shaking his head no as if he didn't really want to talk about it because it didn't get THAT far with him actually being chosen. Myles btw is such a cute, nice, humble guy! I never heard him sing. Is he great? I'd like to hear him. Is Alterbridge the group that formed with the former members of Creed when Scott left?

I saw That Metal Show and when Eddie asked Myles about fronting Led Zeppelin and whether or not they could talk about it, Myles sank down in his seat shaking his head no as if he didn't really want to talk about it because it didn't get THAT far with him actually being chosen. Myles btw is such a cute, nice, humble guy! I never heard him sing. Is he great? I'd like to hear him.

You have the innerwebz right there at your disposal, I'm sure you could look him up on something like YouTube or MySpace without a whole lot of trouble.

Great singer. Myles was also in the movie, RockStar, as the character, Thor (at the end, taking Wahlberg's place on stage).

Jason Bonham was in the ficticious band, SteelDragon (from the movie, with Foreigner/ex-Dokken bassist, Jeff Pilson and longtime Ozzy guitarist, Zak Wylde).

R B)

i think miles would have done a great job i wounder what songs they rehearsed and who knows maybe theres some hidden footage or recording from it ,. things always pop up out of nowhere sometimes . as we zepp fans know things always appear out of the blue when its the holiday seasons .

a little off topic but isint it true that something is always released by zepp every holiday season it seem ? something always appears this time of year .atleast thats what i think . do you think something new might be on the horizen ?

That combination is quite remarkable. It's a shame Myles has declined to front Velvet Revolver on account of other commitments with Alter Bridge.

a little off topic but isint it true that something is always released by zepp every holiday season it seem ? something always appears this time of year .atleast thats what i think . do you think something new might be on the horizen ?

No.

a little off topic but isint it true that something is always released by zepp every holiday season it seem ? something always appears this time of year. at least thats what i think . do you think something new might be on the horizen ?

While true to some extent - '90 (The Box Set), '92 (Remasters), '97 (BBC Sessions), and '07 (Mothership) - it's highly unlikely this year.

• 5 weeks later...

Source:- www.rockaaa.com

Kennedy wasn’t offered Velvet Revolver job

Alter Bridge singer Myles says there was talk but never an invitation as he recalls experience of nearly fronting Led Zeppelin

Published: Tuesday, November 30th, 2010. © Rock AAA.

myleskennedy.jpg

Myles Kennedy says that although there was talk of him being asked to join Velvet Revolver in place of Scott Weiland, the job was never offered to him.

But the singer and guitarist, who’s currently on tour with main band Alter Bridge ahead of recording vocals and touring for Slash’s second solo album, is happy with the way things have turned out.

And he’s still blown away by his memories of coming close to fronting Led Zeppelin after Robert Plant refused to tour with his old band.

Kennedy tells MusicRadar: “There was talk of the gig with Velvet Revolver, but I was never officially given an offer.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/interview-myles-kennedy-talks-alter-bridge-slash-and-led-zeppelin-314959

“It was floated around and it would be a huge honour, because I think the guys in Velvet Revolver are tremendous.

“But I’m very happy with what I’m doing in Alter Bridge and Slash. It’s not that singing for Velvet Revolver wouldn’t be enticing – but I’ve made my plans now and my plate is pretty full. Between Slash and Alter Bridge I have enough going on.”

Kennedy was invited to join VR even before Weiland was called, but says he didn’t accept because at the time he was disillusioned with the music business, and he wanted to concentrate on teaching guitar.

And he’s not upset over his work with Led Zep’s Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham coming to nothing.

He says: “It was never supposed to be Led Zeppelin per se. How could it be? I think they were just itching to play again. But they weren’t really sure of what they wanted to do.

“I got together with them in June 2008 and we just jammed some ideas. Everything went really well, but I was just flattered beyond belief to be in the same room with these guys. Everything I learned about rock I learned from Led Zeppelin.”

The band gathered again a few months later, but the project fizzled out – and Kennedy still isn’t sure why.

But he says: “Just being near Jimmy Page was unbelievable. Hearing the guys’ stories and the whole experience is something I’ll always treasure.”

Meanwhile, original Led Zep drummer John Bonham’s son and replacement Jason has revealed he’s disappointed over Robert Plant decision not to stay on their one-off show in 2007. But he says he understands the reasons why.

He tells LA Weekly: “Robert always said, ‘Jason, you know I love you and I know how great you are as a player. On the night you were great. But to me Led Zeppelin is John, not Jason.’

“Although it would benefit me to have gone on and done it, I also agree with what he says. I understand. As much as I was disappointed, I feel blessed that I got to live in that short time – and be the most famous drummer

Seems like a nice bloke, humble and all that, and Roberts words to Jason are very true.Alter bridge fine band indeed. Shame they didn't all call it something else as JPJ and JP together are a great combo. Lets face it after all the great output these guys hve done since Zep are good in most parts, bjt without each other it just hasn't reached those heights. I think with Pages ideas and JPJ's ability to arrange they come up trumps but on their own its just not quite there. I think its not so much Page/Plant as WITC is dissapointing but a JPJ/JP album with whoever would really hit some heights.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived