Robert Plant Grammy Nomination

Reggie29

Robert has been nominated in Best Solo Rock Performance Vocal with Silver Rider and Best Americana Album Band of Joy.

Neil Young for Angry World same category, also nominated for Best Rock Song and Le Noise Best Rock Album.

JPJ (TCV) Best Hard Rock Performance for New Fang.

All my favourites except Jimmy, oh well maybe next year!?

http://www.grammy.com/nominees

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bravo::cheer:

Zeppelin members finally getting what they deserve!! They never won a grammy in zep days!! Unbeliveable!! When they finally got the life time achivement grammy award, I remember Plant saying to the grammy offical that gave him the award, that it is not the guy's fault he got it so late, but the fault of people that were in his postion when he was 20, 30, 40, 50 and 55!!! :lol:

Classic Robert Plant humour, that proves that Zep were ahead of their time and the critics just didn't get it and now Robert is again ahead of his peers and also getting awards for it!!!

How cool is this headline, "Jeff Beck Leads Grammy Nominations"?! Maybe this will be his Bonnie Raitt year.

Beck leads the rock field with 5 nominations with material from his "Emotion & Commotion" release, including Best Rock Album, Best Rock Instrumental Performance ("Hammerhead"), Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals ("I Put A Spell On You" with Joss Stone), Best Pop Instrumental performance ("Nessun Dorma"), and Best pop Collaboration With Vocals ("Imagine" with Herbie Hancock, Pink, India.Arie, Seal, Konono No 1 & Oumou Sangare).

http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/dec/02Jeff_Beck_Leads_Rock_Grammy_Nominations.shtml

How cool is this headline, "Jeff Beck Leads Grammy Nominations"?! Maybe this will be his Bonnie Raitt year.

Beck leads the rock field with 5 nominations with material from his "Emotion & Commotion" release, including Best Rock Album, Best Rock Instrumental Performance ("Hammerhead"), Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals ("I Put A Spell On You" with Joss Stone), Best Pop Instrumental performance ("Nessun Dorma"), and Best pop Collaboration With Vocals ("Imagine" with Herbie Hancock, Pink, India.Arie, Seal, Konono No 1 & Oumou Sangare).

http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/dec/02Jeff_Beck_Leads_Rock_Grammy_Nominations.shtml

Yep. I knew this one would lead the pack.

congrats to Robert and JPJ (TCV) for their noms, too.

R B)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bravo::cheer:

Zeppelin members finally getting what they deserve!! They never won a grammy in zep days!! Unbeliveable!! When they finally got the life time achivement grammy award, I remember Plant saying to the grammy offical that gave him the award, that it is not the guy's fault he got it so late, but the fault of people that were in his postion when he was 20, 30, 40, 50 and 55!!! :lol:

Classic Robert Plant humour, that proves that Zep were ahead of their time and the critics just didn't get it and now Robert is again ahead of his peers and also getting awards for it!!!

Plant and Krauss walked off with 5 Grammys 2 years ago.

What's funny is if Tom Waits, Tom Jones, and Robert Plant were to tour together, no one would think it was weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived