Great Driving Albums

zosodude13

Simple question: what is a great album to listen too when you're driving?

For me, it doesn't get much better then Queens of the Stone Age's "Songs for the Deaf".

QOTSA+-+Songs+for+the+Deaf.jpg

It's got a great rhythmic feel for driving, while being diverse enough to not feel boring. It's loud, but not to the point of being obnoxious. And it's an hour long, so it's great for those long road trips. And not to mention, the album is loosely based around driving and listening to the radio.

What do you guys like?

That's what is in my auto CD player now at least...and has been for months! :) missy

Great album :)

My current favorite driving cd is Maroon 5's "Songs About Jane"; I just drive and sing along! :bagoverhead: Trust me on this one; you should give it a try.

But I'm also getting some mileage out of the White Stripes Under Great Northern Lights; everyone at home asks me to put the headphones on if I put that one on in the house, so it's now out in the car also. :(

The search said I was safe. :slapface: I searched "driving albums" and saw nothing...

Don't worry mate I did the same thing yesterday and I got it in the neck, but your safe I will cover your back :hunter:

P.S "Songs for The Deaf" great album.

I am out of here :run: just in case.

The search said I was safe. :slapface: I searched "driving albums" and saw nothing...

I know a couple of members here can be rather awful and bossy about others starting threads about similar topics, so, I just thought I'll give you guys a bit of a heads up before you get your behinds kicked! :ph34r:

:peace:

I know a couple of members here can be rather awful and bossy about others starting threads about similar topics, so, I just thought I'll give you guys a bit of a heads up before you get your behinds kicked! :ph34r:

:peace:

We got a one way ticket out of here :rollin:

I'm aware that there is a similar topic but I'm gonna respond to this thread anyway :P

My Top 10 favourite driving albums (In no particular order)

220px-INXS_The_Greatest_Hits.jpg

220px-Hellacopters_Super_alt.jpg

3. 220px-Queen_Greatest_Hits.png

4. 220px-Deepest_Purple.jpg

5. 220px-Queen_The_Game.png

6. 220px-Verybest.jpg

7. 220px-BonJoviSlipperyWhenWetalbumcover.png

8. 220px-KeepTheFaith.jpg

9. 220px-Machine_Head_album_cover.jpg

220px-The_Hellacopters_-_High_Visibility.jpg

There have been a couple of additions in comparision to my previous list. That's because I've discovered some cool music these past few months! B) I can't be without these beauties especially while driving long distances! :D

Presence has always been a staple when I take a road trip, usually back to Orlando.

The best part is my kids are so used to hearing it when we travel that it's one of their favorite albums, especially when on a road trip.

It's pretty heartwarming when your 16 year old son who likes techno and hip-hop, 12 year old son who likes rap, and 10 year old daughter who likes Justin Bieber all wanting to hear Presence when we get out on the road!

Makes you feel like you've done something right.

What do you guys like?

61Kb0t10WtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nothing like some spicy reggae to break up the monotony of a long trip.

413Hl6MMUoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Quintessential listening for crisp, clear autumn days with "Kohoutek" blasting and the windows rolled down.

51NdC7BYcRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Crank this one up to 11 and rip the volume knob off.

61Bn2JlfghL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

"This highway's mean..."

51pN0es-COL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

See Highway To Hell above for complete instructions.

Presence has always been a staple when I take a road trip, usually back to Orlando.

The best part is my kids are so used to hearing it when we travel that it's one of their favorite albums, especially when on a road trip.

It's pretty heartwarming when your 16 year old son who likes techno and hip-hop, 12 year old son who likes rap, and 10 year old daughter who likes Justin Bieber all wanting to hear Presence when we get out on the road!

Makes you feel like you've done something right.

I agree! My 6-year-son is always tapping his toes to Zep as we drive around - refers to Whole Lotta Love as "The Sneeze Song", because of the wah, wah, waaaaahhhhhhh part towards the end! :lol:

Pink Floyd "Animals" - I always get lost in my thoughts while driving the interstate listening to this disc, then 45 min. has passed!

Nice.

That's another staple in our road trip playlist.

Archived