Robert Plant will be on David Letterman

DavidZoso

It was such a great show. I didn't really know how funny David Letterman really is (I never watch that show). Robert seemed to be in good spirits. He talked a little bit about Zeppelin but nothing to start another topic over. Overall, great interview/performance.

Agreed!! Dave was on his game last night (he's hit or miss a lot these days). I even thought he was charming with Martha.

Loved Robert's pants :D The interview was lovely and they performed House of Cards.

Fun show!

I never watch David Letterman, but I have to admit that I enjoyed last night's show.

I even liked Justin Beiber's drum performance with Paul Shaffer's band. :bagoverhead: His top 10 List of why it is great to be Justin Beiber was funny but true, lol.

Martha Stewart didn't get many words in as Dave kept referencing her stint in prison. She was very gracious in handling the barbs. I was impressed. She was trying to make some kind of Super Bowl menu, but kept getting interupted by Dave. She ended up throwing batter into his face after one of his "convict" remarks. I think that he deserved it.

Robert looked GREAT! He was very witty and entertaining. I liked his story of meeting Elvis in the Zep days. No new information revealed, but it was great to hear the story as told in person by Robert. I loved the band's performance of "House of Cards". Dave made a joke about buying a real guitar next time for the mandolin player. Patty was very pretty, and the backing vocals by her and the rest of the band were supberb. I am so happy for Robert! He/the band are getting the recognition that they deserve and they are obviously very happy and proud of what they are accomplishing. We are so lucky that he is out there making great music and having fun, and we have the privlege to experience it.

Thanks Jahfin. Great performance.

Will you be taking part in the Krispy Kreme Challenge today in Raleigh?

No, I will not but I will be taking part in some devouring some delicious steamed oysters at a birthday celebration out in the wilds of Eastern NC this afternoon. :) The Krispy Kreme Challenge has never sounded like much of a recipe for fun to me, it's more like torture. Some folks may go for that sort of thing but I'm not one of them.

No, I will not but I will be taking part in some devouring some delicious steamed oysters at a birthday celebration out in the wilds of Eastern NC this afternoon. :) The Krispy Kreme Challenge has never sounded like much of a recipe for fun to me, it's more like torture. Some folks may go for that sort of thing but I'm not one of them.

Oysters are more my thing than donuts. Should be renamed The Cardiac Challenge. More fitting.

Thought he handled himself so well. I used to listen to the AFN (American Forces Network) everyday when I lived in Germany in the 70s. Cool that he brought that up. And, the pencil skirt and beehive thing..an appreciation for a well turned heel. I LOVE that!

Ive been meaning to set the record straight here. I think I mentioned him losing his vocal abilities recently, probably in relation to the Raising Sand release. Well, mark the tape...I STAND CORRECTED.

I can tell you from first hand experience, you totally rock, RP.

Hugs

I continue to be impressed with this band of musicians. I thought it was a very interesting, unrushed interview with plant.

The clip on plants website is abbreviated. I thought plant really came across as a down-to-earth guy.

http://www.robertplant.com/index.php/press/robert-on-meeting-elvis-letterman/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived