How old do you have to be?

Im 37 and my lass is 54, She never went to see Zep (idiot) but she went to see Black Sabbath a few times (lucky sod), We was just wondering how old is the average Zep fan???

Hello Jason Smith,

Welcome! I don't think there is a particular age. I asked the same question a while back. Of the ones who have voted...

I think the age varies a lot here. I am 24 so it's just a matter of how and when someone got into them. Now naturally I have never really had the chance to see them live. Zeppelin fans are probably of all ages. Their music is timeless. That's what makes it so special.

Your "lass", and I'm assuming you mean your wife, is an idiot for never having seen Led Zeppelin live? What a charming and gentlemanly thing to say about the woman you love.

Hi, I DO love her very much, And she calls me an idiot on a daily basis lol

Lass is Yorkshire speak for girl by the way

I think people 46+ years old will know Led Zeppelin the best and probably be a long-time fan. My parents' high school years were huge on Led Zeppelin. That's for the average fan I guess. But anyone can be a Zeppelin fan. I'm a teenager and I've been listening to Zeppelin for the past year or so.

I will be 50 next week. I saw them first when I was 16 and then again when I was 17. Was waiting for tickets to the last tour when Bonzo died. I remember it like it was yesterday. They were by far the best two concerts I have ever been to hands down. It's cool to know that young folks still discover them and I believe that much like me, the first time anyone hears Communication Breakdown they'll be hooked for life. I like a diverse amount of rock and roll, but the one constant on my iPod is Zep.

I resemble all those comments!

My daughter just turned 14, her interests in music are wider than mine but her focus is narrower. I love when I can crank "Bring it on Home" and she instinctively gets up to play along with Jimmy.

Make her pappy proud! biggrin.gif

Oh ya, welcome RonD504 and PepsiCola...even though I prefer Coke!

Jason welcome to the forum. :)

I'm 32 and have been listening to Zeppelin since I was 14. I was fortunate enough to see Page and Plant live in 1995, an amazing experience, and would love to see Jimmy play live again. I like a lot of bands, but there's something very special about Zeppelin's music, and I never tire of hearing it. I know I'll still be listening to them when I'm 70+. I want The Rain Song to be played at my funeral, that's how much their music has transformed my life and soul.

Hey guys im 14 and zeppelin is my favourite band i have all their albums original posters everywhere and just bought there DVD so there is no age limit for zeppelin they have been my favourite band since i was 11 rock on zeppelin!

p.s. oh and also zeppelin albums have been the only thing i have ever spent my own money on i still remember saving for 3 weeks at a time for each album

I am 24, and hve been listening to Led Zeppelin since I was 14. I think it is amazing how the way I interpret their music and the way that I view it has changed so much over the years. It is something that has grown with me. Truly timeless music, in that it can be interpreted in many different ways.

Hi,

I am 54 (soon to be 55), saw Zep 4 times in the 70s, like millions of others didn't get to see them at the O2. I still listen regularly and both my nephews have listened to them (but not fanatics) since their teens.

Realistically to have been into them when they were still playing you would have to be at least around 40, similar age (probably older) to have seen them live (OK I accept some people may have been taken by their parents at the age of 3, but they must be a minority).

But no age limits to listening to quality music.

Andy

Zeppelin doesn't have any particular age. I'm 20 and they are my favorite band of all time. I like a lot of modern bands as well such as Athel and John Mayer, Children of Bodom, Coheed and Cambria, and many more but my point is that Zeppelin is so timeless that their sound is really for any generation. Unfortunately the recordings will continue to become dated but the songs and the legend will live on forever!

Im 14 and have been a fan for 6 years since When the Levee Breaks played during Hurricane Katrina on the news.

Sort of an unusual way to become a fan because of a horrible occurrence, but you are certainly welcome and couldn't pick a better band. Great taste and keep it up!

Archived