NEW Zep album VS Tour

Wouldnt you love to hear a new colaboration of music than a Tour,Well a tour would be great But not likely . . . . i say plant just mite listen to what pagey & jonsey put together with jason. I mean they said it was some special stuff !

Pagey & jonsey havent worked on new music since ZEP , & seems like Plant is in his "charging his creativety" mode & is not writing lately .(wich IS /we all know! how he works). AND if i know Plant ,this just might peek his curiosirty eventually (Im sure its there for plant to play with when he feels its time for him to do so)

Think about it . . . . . . & pray

Ever since Plant made it clear that touring just isn't in him (as far as playing as Led Zeppelin), I thought that just an album would suffice. Perhaps Page wouldn't like that idea though because he would like to play live? The again, in his age, maybe just an album would be enough to make him happy.

Its impossible to call....for all we know, it could have gone through their heads but they decided against it.

You make a good point however, I wouldnt think the idea of them creating some new and magical music would ever be out of the question.

Of course it doesnt mean they would follow it with a big tour but perhaps a few shows at liest !

I think that doing a gig or even a tour with Jason Bonham (Plant included) as Zeppelin and playing all the classic songs that Bonzo was a part of is one thing, but to create new music and use the name Led Zeppelin without one and likely two of it's original and core members? Not so much. I don't know if I would be ok with it and if Plant would ever join in or care to hear it, really. We already know how he feels about going on without Bonzo or touring the world with Zeppelin being in his 60's. Plus, if they make a new album without Plant, it's only 50% of the original band. To me, that's not Led Zeppelin. If they (Page, Jones, Jason) made new music I would listen, but I wouldn't be happy with it being under the name Led Zeppelin.

Just my opinion of course.

When they were working on new music before without Plant they had no intention of calling it "Led Zeppelin".

right ,i heard something like that too, possibly even "with" plant they would only use their initials or something like that ! but jason being family they cud call it zep.

I want a solo album from Page with acoustic material. Maybe a little tour in Europe and i would be happy.

Me too!

But, I'll be satisfied if I can see Robert Plant in concert this summer (I hope :rolleyes: maybe it's not enough for me haha). I'm gonna try to do it

Hello Everyone,

New to the board but have been viewing since the site began way back when. I think it all comes down to whether Mr. Plant feels creatively inspired. The rest seem on board but it appears Robert may feel constrained if the musical direction is too "Zeppelin" so to speak. Creatively he has moved on down the road and probably enjoys the freedom of solo work. Jones has also moved on however his projects have a very Zeppelin type feel in many respects. Page though is Zeppelin, it was his concept and he was the driving force behind the band until 1977 when, um, circumstances seemed to change his perspective for about seven years. I think if Plant could convince Page to take a different approach to the sound of Zeppelin an album would be possible, but if Page is determined to continue where they left off in 1980 Plant would run from that like a raped ape. I understand people are somewhat put off by Roberts position but I can think of no other musician alive, or dead, who has expressed himself is such diverse and exciting ways. I love solo Robert and I love Zeppelin Robert, if the two can come to terms within the man a whole new era of Zeppelin as a side project for Robert could be a strong possibility.

• 4 weeks later...

Neither will happen. Enjoy the music you do have.

Agreed. But since we're fantasizing here, my dream scenario is the following:

JPJ, RP, and JP don't tour, but they DO get together for 1 album's worth of music.

Don't call it Led Zeppelin. Period.

Each & every track would feature a different drummer.

I know it's a pipe dream, but it's a cool pipe dream. :)

Archived