2011 NFL Football Thread

Bong-Man

Easy money. Easy money. The only thing in the world the Patsies have going for them is the revenge factor. It is always difficult to defeat a team in sports twice in a row. But we must not look back to the Super Bowl that the Giants stole from that unbeaten New England team, do not forget they played this year. And who won that game? The same team that will win this one. Except time its going to be an embarrasment. They have all these bets you can make on the online wagering sites. Who will score first, who will throw for more yards, or run for more, and as you know you can even bet on the coin toss. No I am not quite that sick. You can bet odds depending on the points layed. You could bet the Giants minus 10 1/2 and get odds of +375 for instance. Not worth it to me. Even though I think its possible they will blow them out. I certainly would have bet on the 49ers if they had won and they damn well should have won. And Baltimore should have forced OT and also won. We got screwed by getting these teams. You think it will be as good as the first game a few years back? I think not. I think the Giants will bury those cock a roaches and Walter and I will have a nice sum of chump change to go out and spend. Hell, maybe Ill buy and amp. Maybe Ill buy season tickets for next years Bills. I better go lay down some more money. :guns:

Things running through my head as I try to decide who is going to win this game...

1. It is hard to beat Brady and the Patriots twice in one season. But then, the Jets have done it...and the Giants, while not beating them twice in one season, HAVE beaten them EVERY time since that SUPER BOWL UPSET!

2. The Super Bowl will be in a placid dome in Indianapolis...poor guys; it's not quite the fun-and-frolic-in-the-sun party atmosphere of New Orleans or Miami. But weather will NOT play a factor in disturbing the New England passing game. No wind, no precipitation. Of course, the Giants passing game will benefit, too.

3. Gronkowski's injury...how serious is it? I just heard both Marshall Faulk and Donovan McNabb say yesterday that a high-ankle sprian is hard to come back from in this short of time and be able to play effectively. If Gronk can't go, that puts a serious dent in the New England passing game.

4. What happened to Chad Ochocinco Johnson? You know, I completely forgot he was on the Patriots until seeing him at Media Day Tuesday! Is he in Belichick's doghouse? Will he even get to dress? Might he be the X factor that most Super Bowl's have? Remember Timmy Smith for the Washington Redskins? Came out of nowhere to set the Super Bowl record for rushing in a game...then promptly disappeared again. Chad Johnson could be that guy who nobody figures on to come out and have a big game.

5. I can name most of the NY Giants defensive line. I can only name Vince Wilfork of the Patriots D-line. If I am more familiar with the Giants D-line, that is probably because I've heard their names called often on game broadcasts. And if their names are called often, it's probably because they make lots of tackles and sacks. Which suggests that the Giants D-line will get more pressure on Brady than the Patriots D-line will get on Manning. Brady does not play well when he is harried and harrassed. Advantage Giants.

Anyway, that's just some of the things I'm dwelling on while waiting for the injury reports to come out.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed this...I've heard more talk about Peyton Manning's status with the Colts than I have about either the Giants or the Patriots.

Hi all,Strider,good post as always!

>1. It is hard to beat Brady and the Patriots twice in one season. But then, the Jets have done it...and the Giants, while not beating them twice in one season, HAVE beaten them EVERY time since that SUPER BOWL UPSET!<

Odds favor Pats winning,IMVHO.

>2. The Super Bowl will be in a placid dome in Indianapolis...poor guys; it's not quite the fun-and-frolic-in-the-sun party atmosphere of New Orleans or Miami. But weather will NOT play a factor in disturbing the New England passing game. No wind, no precipitation. Of course, the Giants passing game will benefit, too.<

True.

>3. Gronkowski's injury...how serious is it? I just heard both Marshall Faulk and Donovan McNabb say yesterday that a high-ankle sprian is hard to come back from in this short of time and be able to play effectively. If Gronk can't go, that puts a serious dent in the New England passing game.<

He seems to walking fine,no boot.It is also what degree of sprain,it is not 3rd degree,or he will be scratched.They will rest him until game day,then(?)

Branch(former SP MVP),Hernandez,Welker,they have passing options.The law firm (BenJarvus Jeremy Green-Ellis) and Splinter(Danny Woodhead) can catch passes.

>4. What happened to Chad Ochocinco Johnson? You know, I completely forgot he was on the Patriots until seeing him at Media Day Tuesday! Is he in Belichick's doghouse? Will he even get to dress? Might he be the X factor that most Super Bowl's have? Remember Timmy Smith for the Washington Redskins? Came out of nowhere to set the Super Bowl record for rushing in a game...then promptly disappeared again. Chad Johnson could be that guy who nobody figures on to come out and have a big game.<

He might be a factor,it could be the redemption game for the guy.

>5. I can name most of the NY Giants defensive line. I can only name Vince Wilfork of the Patriots D-line. If I am more familiar with the Giants D-line, that is probably because I've heard their names called often on game broadcasts. And if their names are called often, it's probably because they make lots of tackles and sacks. Which suggests that the Giants D-line will get more pressure on Brady than the Patriots D-line will get on Manning. <

Kyle Love,Mark Anderson.Vince is going to play end and will be beast!

>Brady does not play well when he is harried and harrassed. Advantage Giants.<

Not this time. Sebastian Vollmer is back.Nate Solder is a rookie and having a terrific year.Kevin Faulk,......one of the best blocking backs.

>Oh, and has anyone else noticed this...I've heard more talk about Peyton Manning's status with the Colts than I have about either the Giants or the Patriots.<

I am not surprised,Peyton made the Colts into one of the best teams in the NFL.The game is in Indy,his brother is playing in his house.That stadium would not have ever been built without him.

KB

Strider you are right about the Peyton Manning thing. If he is deemed healthy let the bidding wars begin. But he comes with a huge risk. As for the weather one has to wonder if its truly fair to have every single game played in a dome or in a tropical weather environment. Does anyone think the Kansas City Chiefs would have beaten Joe Kapp's Vikings on grass? No way. Certainly a non factor with these teams. The former Jets coach Edwards brushed off the injury to New Englands tight end and said, "its the Super Bowl. He will be 100 %". Well, maybe that is why he is no longer walking the sidelines anywhere? But the Giants are well aware that Welker is Brady's go to guy. Third down and 7, you better have Welker accounted for. Still love the Giants and big.

I hope the Giants are only worrying about Welker....then it will be Hernandez time! He is a beast and now they have him running the ball too!

The Gronk injury is going to be an issue. It's not one of those injuries you can just play through, effectively, but at least he can be a decoy. I think the Pat's O-line and D-line have been underrated through the playoffs and that is one of the main reasons why they will pull this one out. It really doesn't matter to me who wins, just looking for a good game - and it should be one!

I still can't believe the Giants are not getting the nod in the running department. Bradshaw and Jacobs should be KILLING the defenses they play, especially with the passing game they have. The Giants O-line is a weak part of their team, along with the linebackers, which will be their demise - IMO. Anyway, good luck to all on their bets......

Heads or Tails??

:lol:

I hope the Giants are only worrying about Welker....then it will be Hernandez time! He is a beast and now they have him running the ball too!

The Gronk injury is going to be an issue. It's not one of those injuries you can just play through, effectively, but at least he can be a decoy. I think the Pat's O-line and D-line have been underrated through the playoffs and that is one of the main reasons why they will pull this one out. It really doesn't matter to me who wins, just looking for a good game - and it should be one!

I still can't believe the Giants are not getting the nod in the running department. Bradshaw and Jacobs should be KILLING the defenses they play, especially with the passing game they have. The Giants O-line is a weak part of their team, along with the linebackers, which will be their demise - IMO. Anyway, good luck to all on their bets......

Heads or Tails??

:lol:

Walter. Be honest. You want to see me get it shoved up my ass sideways. So you can come on and rub my nose in it. Ha. Not a chance. Tick Tock. How much more time before I collect. New England is toast. Melba.

I'm worried about all the people hopping on the Giant bandwagon. That's not a good sign for the Giants. Being a life long Giant fan, my gut tells me the only way they win is in a blow-out. That being said, Giants 35 NE 7

Now here is a smart guy. See this Walter and Anjinsan? Smart guy. only thing is Ill admit New England will score far more than 7. No way will the Giants hold New England to 7. my score would be 41--31

Hi Everyone:

I am looking forward to the half-time show and Madonna...She will sing her new single featuring M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj.I hope she wil also sing Holiday,Vogue and Like a Virgin, She will not have a wardrobe malfunction.

Juliet

PS Have a super time...

Archived