2011 NFL Football Thread

Bong-Man

Shows you how stupid he is. He had the ball and it was ripped away. If you have the ball in the end zone with any type of possesion its a fucking TD.

You obviously don't remember the call they made on Calvin Johnson involving possession on a touchdown reception......that is the set precedent. You can keep bitching about it, but nobody seems to be questioning the call at this point.

You obviously don't remember the call they made on Calvin Johnson involving possession on a touchdown reception......that is the set precedent. You can keep bitching about it, but nobody seems to be questioning the call at this point.

That's exactly the point I was going to bring up...Calvin Johnson's td they took away last year. And that was more of a legitimate catch than Lee Evans, so if they ruled against Megatron's, they surely weren't gonna allow Evans...Evans was an idiot for taking his eye off the ball.

But...here's more fuel for those who think the Patriots cheat. I thought it was curious at the time that Belichick didn't call time out before Cundiff's kick...isn't that almost standard now? Hell, Dallas' coach even called timeout on his OWN kicker.

So at first when Cundiff missed it, my first reaction was to wait for the official to say New England had called a timeout.

Apparently Skip Bayless thought the same as I did, and I guess he did a little digging and found out an interesting tidbit. Belichick WAS going to call a timeout but because Baltimore looked to be confused and in disarray, he decided not to.

Why was Baltimore in disarray? Well, because the New England scoreboard operator showed the wrong down...he had it being 3rd down, instead of what it really was, 4th down.

Of course, this brings up the question of why Baltimore didn't call a timeout themselves to get it right? I can't remember if they had a timeout left or not to use.

Of course, this brings up the question of why Baltimore didn't call a timeout themselves to get it right? I can't remember if they had a timeout left or not to use.

They had a timeout, harbaugh is like that on big games, very bad game manager. cundiff is a lame kicker, and i dont feel sorry for him from all the steroids he is taking.

cundiff is a lame kicker, and i dont feel sorry for him from all the steroids he is taking.

Why would you feel sorry for the guy? Cundiff certainly looks like a steroid abuser. Doesn't he? He must be to have tied the NFL record for touchbacks in a non dome stadium. Is that your logic because I really don't follow.

"Why was Baltimore in disarray? Well, because the New England scoreboard operator showed the wrong down...he had it being 3rd down, instead of what it really was, 4th down.

Why did they rush the kick with a timeout left?

Yeah and there also two guys holding the chains to show the down.

Why didn't the coach ask the zebras what down it was?

Christ,...

They had a timeout, harbaugh is like that on big games, very bad game manager. cundiff is a lame kicker, and i dont feel sorry for him from all the steroids he is taking.

I agree that Harbaugh should have taken the time out but... Cundiff a steroid taker...don't think so. Hey, let's give New England some credit. I wanted the Ravens to win but the fact is, they didn't . End of !

Its my right to keep bitching about it. And that kicker on the Ravens is probably calling Scott Norwood for advice. Save the dime. Go sell car insurance.

The problem New England has is they have only two real weapons they have used all season. Welker and the tight end. Bratkowski or whatever his name is or now its spelled. He has no wide recievers like Moss like he once did. And their defense is not very good. The Ravens moved the ball at will but did not fiinish at the end only because Evans did not hold on. A botched kick puts them back in a game I feel they have very little chance to win. The Giants defense has gotten better. San fran had a better one, but thanks to that kick returner it did not work out. The Giants offense will move the ball on New England far easier than New England will. The job is simple for New York. Cover Welker like a blanket. Limit him to those little low throw dive routes that are tough to defend, but you only get 4 yards. That with pressure on Brady will do them in. I say the Giants score in the 40's minimum. The New England defense is not half as good as San Frans. It is a shock NE is favored by three and its only because of the record during the regular season. The Giants struggled early but this is not the same team that started the season. Bet New England at your own risk. I say its a losing proposition. Lets take a good look at repeat meetings in Super Bowls while we are at it. My Buffalo Bills did not fair so well against Dallas, even though in the second game they did not turn it over as often and it was close. The Steelers defeated Dallas twice in a row in the seventies. Can you think of any other rematches?

Aaron Hernandez: Regular Season 79 910 7 Career 124 1473 13

That is only a couple of years into his career, btw. Plus he missed a couple of games this season with a knee issue, so his numbers are based on 13 1/2 games.....

Well you sure like to have the last word dont you? Seems like every time I post something within seconds you pounce on whatever I post. Perhaps in an attempt to block it from being read? Well, what about the running game? What say you there? Do you think the Pats have a better running game? I doubt either team will run the ball much as neither Manning or Brady have the patience to run the ball even if they were ordered to do so by their two very famous coaches. As for coaching, I will say its even. Coughln is one of a few guys that can match Belechek. Giants win. And win big.

green ellis had a few more yards than bradshaw

pats /giants rushing yard totals are similar

usually it will be someone unexpected who comes through with the big plays in a game like this

maybe ocho cinco will bust one out

Why was Baltimore in disarray? Well, because the New England scoreboard operator showed the wrong down...he had it being 3rd down, instead of what it really was, 4th down. Of course, this brings up the question of why Baltimore didn't call a timeout themselves to get it right? I can't remember if they had a timeout left or not to use.

An NFL official runs the Scoreboard during the playoffs... not anybody from New England.

An NFL official runs the Scoreboard during the playoffs... not anybody from New England.

There is a bias amoung refs and the NFL to help Brady and New England. If you do not agree that is your right. I just wonder how a team never gets called for holding on offense and some teams get called for holding on running plays and when you see the replay they are just outrageous calls. Wake up everybody and smelll the damn coffee. It stinks.

Why would you feel sorry for the guy? Cundiff certainly looks like a steroid abuser. Doesn't he? He must be to have tied the NFL record for touchbacks in a non dome stadium. Is that your logic because I really don't follow.

Let me explain: Look up for cundiff's stats in recent two years and before them, Kick-offs and field goals you need alot of power in your legs and body to kick them (we all know that), cundiff in the last two years and mostly last year before they chaned the kick off rules did things he didnt do his entire career, in 2010 he made like 40 touchbacks in kick-offs and before that, in 7 years of career he did it only 11 times!

cundiff was a washed-up kicker before he was cut from 3 different teams, sat out a bit and than came back to the ravens.

btw, i dont have anything against the ravens and although im a pats fan i was very sorry for reed and lewis cause i really like them.

There is a bias amoung refs and the NFL to help Brady and New England. If you do not agree that is your right. I just wonder how a team never gets called for holding on offense and some teams get called for holding on running plays and when you see the replay they are just outrageous calls. Wake up everybody and smelll the damn coffee. It stinks.

So now the scoreboard operator from the NFL is in on a Patriots fix....

Archived