2011 NFL Football Thread

Bong-Man

I liked Madonna at the halftime show. Awsome set.

Really?? Compared to what she's done in the past, that sucked! 2 hits and the rest filler, trying to extract from younger upcoming stars mojo. Time to hang it up, honey!!!

The Manning throw to Manningham will live forever in New York, freaking amazing on both ends of that play. I'm not sure the better team won but hey, the Giants have two Lombardi trophies in four years and you just can't deny that factoid.

Congratulations to the G men.

The Manning throw to Manningham will live forever in New York, freaking amazing on both ends of that play. I'm not sure the better team won but hey, the Giants have two Lombardi trophies in four years and you just can't deny that factoid.

Congratulations to the G men.

Maybe the better team was the 49ers? Or Baltimore? Both lost on very unlucky plays. Both had better defenses than the teams that met yesterday. On the TD by Bradshaw, I still think he diid the right thing by going into the end zone. Just look what happened to Baltimore. Do you want to risk it all on a bad snap or a missed chip shot? You score the TD, and make them go 80 yards in 57 seconds with 1 timeout. Virtually impossible even for Brady against a good defense.

Maybe the better team was the 49ers? Or Baltimore? Both lost on very unlucky plays. Both had better defenses than the teams that met yesterday. On the TD by Bradshaw, I still think he diid the right thing by going into the end zone. Just look what happened to Baltimore. Do you want to risk it all on a bad snap or a missed chip shot? You score the TD, and make them go 80 yards in 57 seconds with 1 timeout. Virtually impossible even for Brady against a good defense.

Maybe it was my lack of enthusiasm for the game in general, but for a SuperBowl I felt no emotion (coming through) on the field... It seemed more like a regular season game

Maybe it was my lack of enthusiasm for the game in general, but for a SuperBowl I felt no emotion (coming through) on the field... It seemed more like a regular season game

I agree with you totally. And it just did not seem like the Super Bowl. If San Fran had made it or Baltimore at least you would have had some new blood and more mystery to the game. It wasnt like the old days, like the 69 Jets vs the mighty Colts who were upset. And the Purple People eaters of Minnesota who were also upset. Back in the old days the AFL Vs the NFl rivalry had more glamour to it. I think people have seen enough of Belechek. I believe this is his last trip. New England, time is catching up with them. After the draft and free agency we may get a feel of who may be getting better. I know that Jeff Fisher will make the Rams better within two years. Seattle was getting better under Pete Carrol. And if my Bills get a defensive pass rusher and a linebacker I believe we will return to the playoffs. I would expect San Diego to play much better too. If they do not, how can they keep bringing Turner back? Detroit is ready to take the next step perhaps if they can build their defense. They have the best reciever in the game.

KA-CHING!!! ALL my bets were winners! Which is a good thing cause I went crazy at the record swap meet yesterday morning before the game.

That's down to several factors, RH...

1. An anti-septic dome stadium with artificial turf never has the atmosphere of a classic football stadium outdoors with grass.

2. The crowd is split between Giants fans and Patriots fans...so you never get a full throated roar with the entire crowd yelling for "Defense" that you get when a game is at a team's stadium.

3. The amount of actual fans that are in attendance is small...most of the people that get access and can afford the tickets are corporate, league and sponsor drones. They're there to network and schmooze and party...the game is the least thing they are interested in.

There are other reasons, but those are the main ones.

Back to the game, I was SHOCKED they called Intentional Grounding and a safety on the Patriots first play! Right from the start, that tilted the momentum in the Giants favour...and the field position, too! Did you notice that the Patriots were constantly having to start their drives deep in their own end of the field?

So much for the conspiracy that the Refs favour New England.

For most of the game, I was thinking the Giants punter and Justin Tuck were the co-MVPs of the game.

Why do rappers have to be so puerile and silly sometimes? I enjoyed Madonna's halftime show more than most of the recent halftime shows, and I thought the production and stage design was amazing! I loved the effect of the light panels on the stadium field. Much better than the usual throng of clueless wristbanded douchebags they let run amok on the field.

I thought her setlist could have been better, but still, Madonna's halftime show entertained me better than most of the others.

BUT then M.I.A. had to do the stock rapper move of flipping the bird and utter a vulgarity, even though she knew it would have to be bleeped and blurred, which just makes you look like a bigger idiot. Lame...and coupled with her spiteful and childish bratty behavior at both concerts I have seen her at(her Coachella appearance was beyond lame), I am rapidly losing interest in M.I.A.

She really needs to go MIA.

I agree with you totally. And it just did not seem like the Super Bowl. If San Fran had made it or Baltimore at least you would have had some new blood and more mystery to the game. It wasnt like the old days, like the 69 Jets vs the mighty Colts who were upset. And the Purple People eaters of Minnesota who were also upset. Back in the old days the AFL Vs the NFl rivalry had more glamour to it. I think people have seen enough of Belechek. I believe this is his last trip. New England, time is catching up with them. After the draft and free agency we may get a feel of who may be getting better. I know that Jeff Fisher will make the Rams better within two years. Seattle was getting better under Pete Carrol. And if my Bills get a defensive pass rusher and a linebacker I believe we will return to the playoffs. I would expect San Diego to play much better too. If they do not, how can they keep bringing Turner back? Detroit is ready to take the next step perhaps if they can build their defense. They have the best reciever in the game.

I hear ya Rick (as they call you) I agree with your thoughts on New England. I just didn't feel that they wanted it bad enough. I tell ya what, I'd be a little upset if I were a NE fan. They missed some key passes that were in the hands of several recievers, that could have turned the game around for them. IMO that was one of the most "boring" SuperBowls of recent history. Now referring back to the Saints win two years ago-that was as emotional as it gets, and I don't think it can be overlooked or topped in that sense. If only the game last night was half as exciting.......but it wasn't, and I'm looking forward to next year. Speaking of teams up and coming for prime SB canidates, the Saints will be another powerhouse again this year-they have already made some key changes which I think are good moves in the defensive department, staff wise and players. Also the Bowl is held here next year which would be very fitting and ideal if the Saints could get just one step closer to the big one this time. I still believe in my mind/heart that they are better than both of the teams that played last night...but as they say (and I've quoted here before) it is "any given Sunday" - and that's what matters in the end. Here's to next year :drinks:

Strider-I'm feeling your pain on M.I.A.

That was a disgrace......one of a million examples why I HATE rap. Taste is not an ingredient of the genre.

Archived