Love Her Or Hate Her?

redrum

The phobic people are YOU LOT whenyou say that "Wendy was a suicidal maniac and a stupid person...", etc. Mine was only a simple reaction to an action by YOU LOT to criticize the REAL art and life of a REAL performer like Wendy was (RIP:(). As long as YOU lot keep on degrading Wendy I will CONTINUE and CONTINUE to degrade LGG, the FAKIEST "artist" in pop / rock history!!!:):):)

Lady Gaga the "FAKIEST 'artist' in pop/rock history"? Really SnS? More than Milli Vanilli? Or Vanilla Ice? Britney Spears? And is "fakiest" the type of word you are teaching your English class?

I am especially amused you are so concerned about real vs. fake, considering Wendy O. Williams aligned herself with WWF-style wrestling, the phoniest sport in the world. Then there's your lesbian remark which reveals your ignorance and explains a lot regarding your undecipherable posts.

But let me make it easy for you to understand.

Lady Gaga = Real ( taken from the Yoko Ono & Plastic Ono Band concert last year @ Orpheum Theatre, L.A. )

Milli Vanilli = Fake

Lady Gaga the "FAKIEST 'artist' in pop/rock history"? Really SnS? More than Milli Vanilli? Or Vanilla Ice? Britney Spears? And is "fakiest" the type of word you are teaching your English class?

I am especially amused you are so concerned about real vs. fake, considering Wendy O. Williams aligned herself with WWF-style wrestling, the phoniest sport in the world. Then there's your lesbian remark which reveals your ignorance and explains a lot regarding your undecipherable posts.

But let me make it easy for you to understand.

Lady Gaga = Real ( taken from the Yoko Ono & Plastic Ono Band concert last year @ Orpheum Theatre, L.A. )

Milli Vanilli = Fake

I don't have to understand anything ESPECIALLY from the likes of YOU and YOU LOT:):):)!!!!! My online pals and my GF are still laughing their heads off by your senseless and BIASED posts....take it easy, get a life :):):)!!!!

Edited by spidersandsnakes

Being suicidal is dumb in some ways. There must be a better way to live. Again, Lady Gaga is a credible artist in my view, but different in style from Wendy O. Lady Gaga is more like a Broadway musical and Wendy O was more of a rebel, may she rest in peace.

However, I think that someone should have intervened and guided Wendy O's career more carefully. She was like a spoiled child, in a continual, warped "I want" mode, lacking the ability to set boundaries that would have protected her life, and unsuccessfully struggling to maintain healthy self-esteem. That was not very smart. People failed to recognize that her self-expression via artistic avenues was really a cry for help. And now she must rely on the mercy of Heaven alone.I hope that her soul has found grace and rest.

Wrong again as usual.......statistically speaking, spoiled children (or who act like spoiled children) do not commit suicide:):):)!

I'm Loving this 'Topic'..I quite like her, not sure what her sexuality has got to do with anything....:wacko:

The same thing I asked myself when I posted a photo of Samantha Fox in the "Beautiful Women" thread and some fool commented that "Sam was lesbian"....go figure.....that's why I posted the thing about LGG's sexuality...to see what the reaction would be....indeed, up to now it's only BIASED......because PERSONALLY, I do not have anything against gays and lesbians:):)!!!!

Wrong again as usual.......statistically speaking, spoiled children (or who act like spoiled children) do not commit suicide:):):)!

It's not a question of being right or wrong. It's a matter of opinion. If someone bases everything that she does because she wants to do it, that is childish behaviour. Adults consider more than what they want to do when they determine a course of action. She was impulse-driven, and lived at the mercy of her impulses.

I hope that Lady Gaga will be a more balanced adult than Wendy O was. Wendy was very child-like to the point of not being able to act unless she was impulse-driven. As an adult she was paralyzed by her demanding inner child. That is my impression of her.

Edited by Silver Rider

It's not a question of being right or wrong. It's a matter of opinion. If someone bases everything that she does because she wants to do it, that is childish behaviour. Adults consider more than what they want to do when they determine a course of action. She was impulse-driven.

I hope that Lady Gaga will be a more balanced adult than Wendy O was. Wendy was very child-like to the point of not being able to act unless she was impulse-driven. As an adult she was paralyzed by her demanding inner child.

I for one would never wish that my fave performers commit suicide or self-destruct....far from it.....but generalizing the way you do about Wendy and her lifestyle just to try and justify LGG's behaviour is simply BIASED talk :):):)!!!!

I for one would never wish that my fave performers commit suicide or self-destruct....far from it.....but generalizing the way you do about Wendy and her lifestyle just to try and justify LGG's behaviour is simply BIASED talk :):):)!!!!

That is my honest impression of Wendy O. from what I have observed about her life, and is simply my opinion.

Lady Gaga is completely justified in earning a living. She is an adult. Maybe you disapprove of her, but we all have our likes and dislikes.

Edited by Silver Rider

That is my honest impression of her from what I have observed about her life. Simply my opinion.

Lady Gaga is completely justified in earning a living. She is an adult.

Of course, but that will never make her "the most important pop star" of today...LGG is TALENTLESS for singing...she just came out as an "artist" in an easy-listening world without talent.....just like Madonna-Ciccone did in her day....I haven't fallen for their FAKE art and I assure you, many others like me haven't either.....THAT IS FACT, NOT OPINION:):)!!

Of course, but that will never make her "the most important pop star" of today...LGG is TALENTLESS for singing...she just came out as an "artist" in an easy-listening world without talent.....just like Madonna-Ciccone did in her day....I haven't fallen for their FAKE art and I assure you, many others like me haven't either.....THAT IS FACT, NOT OPINION:):)!!

In my opinion they are both talented dancers. I have seen many dancers, many shows with dancers, many dance companies perform, and many dance concerts.

Edited by Silver Rider

But she prefers to sing and audiences attend her concerts. She also plays keyboards. Thus she makes her living.

I don't we are debating the fact that she is earning a living...it's TALENT we're debating here.......many posters here have repeatedly stated that LGG loves Jimmy Page, then why doesn't she give up her silly songs and do something REALLY influenced by JImmy's music????!:) ....maybe she just doesn't have the right TALENT:):):)!!!!

I don't we are debating the fact that she is earning a living...it's TALENT we're debating here.......many posters here have repeatedly stated that LGG loves Jimmy Page, then why doesn't she give up her silly songs and do something REALLY influenced by JImmy's music????!:) ....maybe she just doesn't have the right TALENT:):):)!!!!

She's not obligated to do songs influenced by Jimmy's music, but she should do songs that showcase her to an advantage. If songs bearing his influence sound good when she sings them, then by all means she should have at them.

When you buy clothes, you buy items that flatter you, and the same is true of staging an artist. An artist needs the music that is right for her as an individual.

Edited by Silver Rider

She's not obligated to do songs influenced by Jimmy's music, but she should do songs that showcase her to an advantage. If songs bearing his influence sound good when she sings them, then by all means she should have at them.

When you buy clothes, you buy items that flatter you, and the same is true of staging an artist. An artist needs the music that is right for her as an individual.

Who said anything about being "obligated"??????:blink: . I think her songs would sell MORE and appeal to MORE people if she tried to do something inspired by (as she says) one of her idols like Jimmy Page.

True aRT like music is has nothing to do with fashion, sales, hit parades or the like, but ONLY with TRUE TALENT and not being WIMPY just to jump onto the latest bandwagon of trends:):);:)!!!

Just saw a report on the news that Gaga was the highest earning celeb under 30 years old at a sum of $90 million.

As far as her talented, beautiful voice goes, did anyone catch her version of "The Edge Of Glory" while playing the piano - segueing into "Judas" - from Saturday Night Live a couple of weeks ago? Awesome voice and performance. I will try to find a link.

Just saw a report on the news that Gaga was the highest earning celeb under 30 years old at a sum of $90 million.

Here we go again:):):)............it means ABSOLUTELY nothing...sales and earning figures have NOTHING to so with good talented music and artists.....there are thousanfs of "underground" artists out there who are EXTREMELY better than LGG, but are HIGHLY underrated by millions of IGNORANT spectators who do nothing else but wait for the next bandwagoner to come along because they don't have the GUTS to go out and discover the real bands and artists who deserve MUCH more than LGG:):):)!!!

Thanks for that 'Walter' a good all round Entertainer.

Thanks! That was an all around excellent SNL and I don't say that very often anymore. Justin Timberlake was great and I'm not a big fan of his (musically speaking) but can't deny his talent.

May be wimpiest "Artist" around IYO, but there Bank Balances say different... They both give people 'ENTERTAINMENT' good on em...;)

Entertainment is a lost art for some incoherent whacked out trolling jerk offs around here. The two did a number of hysterical skits together. He really surprised me with his quick wit humor, I already knew he was a pretty good actor.

To add to my earlier post on the RS article, she has pictures of her heroes in her backstage area including: Jimmy Page, Debbie Harry, the Sex Pistols, John Lennon and the Ramones, plus an Andy Warhol triptych of Elvis Presley. She also has a smaller framed picture of Gaga and Elton John and they have become such close friends that she's godmother to his son. "It's quite a job to fill," she says.

Thought that was interesting.

Who said anything about being "obligated"??????:blink: . I think her songs would sell MORE and appeal to MORE people if she tried to do something inspired by (as she says) one of her idols like Jimmy Page.

True aRT like music is has nothing to do with fashion, sales, hit parades or the like, but ONLY with TRUE TALENT and not being WIMPY just to jump onto the latest bandwagon of trends:):);:)!!!

That's a limited way of measuring talent. To deny that someone has talent and say it has nothing to do with fashion? There is a reason why people study art and fashion together when they pursue a career in fashion design.

Jimmy Page's dragon suits did not happen entirely by accident, but because a skilled designer was able to transform ideas into sewn-together realities. His designer was probably no fashion dummy, but entirely aware of both fashion and art, since after all she combined the two. In the history of stage and costume design, fashion is an important element and can tell you something about the people who wore the designs. This forum itself has at least a couple of threads entirely devoted to Jimmy Page's dragon suits. That's in addition to threads about his storm-trooper costumes and hairstyles.

forums.ledzeppelin.com/whats-the-significance-of-the-dragon-symbol

forums.ledzeppelin.com/black-dragon-suit-history-in-photos

Fashion often makes a statement about who people are. What that says about Philip Treacy's hats, I haven't quite decided, but they are different and Lady Gaga uses them for visual impact.

It's hard to say whether Lady Gaga would do well with something inspired by one of her idols or not. Unless she has attempted such a project, you cannot know for certain. It's a discovery process in the beginning.

Usually when someone develops an artistic project, it happens because an idea inspires an artist and the project takes on a life and energy of its own. Predicting where the inspiration will come from because of your own likes and dislikes might be too limiting. She has to look at the whole spectrum of life and music, including but not limited to, her idols.

She can either include trends or ignore them, depending on whether they work well with her latest project. Some people are trendsetters, some follow trends for their own reasons, others will ignore them entirely. Mostly it depends on why you have a trendy aspect included in your work. But trends are not the end of the world.

True visual art usually includes elements of line, design, color, texture, light and shade, and spatial shapes, to briefly summarize. A visual artist with talent has a unique vision combining one or more of those elements.

A musical artist does much the same, only the elements are related to sound, tempo, rhythm, syncopation or non-syncopation, dynamics ranging from very soft to very loud; flat, natural or sharp notes; consonance or dissonance, emotional qualities, moods, ambience, the way time is measured and so on.

Are you suggesting that Lady Gaga blindly follows trends?

Edited by Silver Rider