Love Her Or Hate Her?

redrum

• 4 weeks later...

From RollingStone.com:

Lady Gaga Egged Over Wheelchair Stunt

Singer rolled out on stage dressed as a mermaid in Sydney

By MATTHEW PERPETUA

main.jpg

Lady Gaga performs from a wheelchair in Sydney, Australia.

The Sydney Morning Herald/Fairfax Media via Getty Images

A group of angry fans threw eggs at Lady Gaga in response to her recent appearance on stage in Sydney, Australia rolling around in a wheelchair. Though the throwers missed Gaga herself, a few eggs hit members of her entourage. It is unclear why audience members had the eggs in the first place, however.

The wheelchair incident occurred at Gaga's concert at the Sydney Town Hall on Wednesday. The singer came out to perform the rock ballad "Yoü and I" while dressed up as her new mermaid alter ego Yuyi. Since her legs were bound in the costume, she was able to move on stage with a wheelchair. The pop queen has previously used wheelchair imagery in her music video for "Paparazzi" and her performance of that song on the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.

The egg-tossing fans in Sydney weren't the only ones angered by Gaga's wheelchair-bound performance. Jesse Billauer, the founder of the quadriplegic advocacy group Life Rolls On told Radar, "I invite [Gaga] to learn more about the 5.6 million Americans who live with paralysis. They, like me, unfortunately, don't use a wheelchair for shock value."

If anyone is interested, they are re-airing the Saturday Night Live with Justin Timberlake hosting and Gaga performing. One of the funniest SNL's in recent memory and worth checking out, even if you don't care for her music.

Those egg throwers should have been arrested for assault.

I'm with Strider, it's PC run amok!

[

Bette Midler did a wheelchair routine as a mermaid 20 years ago. With back-up mermaids. I don't remember anyone getting all PC over it at the time. I'm more annoyed that gaga is ripping off Midler's act. She's nothing original. Not denying that she has talent though.

If anyone is interested, they are re-airing the Saturday Night Live with Justin Timberlake hosting and Gaga performing. One of the funniest SNL's in recent memory and worth checking out, even if you don't care for her music.

Those egg throwers should have been arrested for assault.

I'm with Strider, it's PC run amok!

Any episode Justin Timberlake hosts is going to be worth watching. Not only is he a great singer, he's also extremely funny. He's also rather easy on the eyes, too.

Any episode Justin Timberlake hosts is going to be worth watching. Not only is he a great singer, he's also extremely funny. He's also rather easy on the eyes, too.

I've delayed replying to this for an hour or so, because I didn't want to dislodge the amusing sight under 'last post info' on the main page of:

Lover her or hate her?

Electrophile

Right, now I've got that out of the way, can I just say that you really should have added 'IMO' to your post, because I don't think you'll find another person on this forum, or possibly even this planet, who agrees with all four of your assertions.

But please feel free to post in this thread far more often :lol:

Right, now I've got that out of the way, can I just say that you really should have added 'IMO' to your post, because I don't think you'll find another person on this forum, or possibly even this planet, who agrees with all four of your assertions.

You've just found another person who agrees with all four of her assertions. :)

I agree as well. I always dismissed him as being "the guy from N'Sync", but he is pretty talented on many fronts, plus the old lady says he is not hard on the eyes. So add one

more to the list. Talent is talent, as far as I see - even when it's not my cup tea.

Well I just saw her on Paul O'Grady. She seemed thoroughly nice, but I have to say some of the music sucked. A couple sounded like bad Aerosmith songs.

She's pretty hot, too. Ok, she could do with some lipo on those thighs, and I can't believe she hasn't had a nose-job yet, but yeah, she got the ol' mercury rising.

Is she really a rug-muncher? What a waste.

I think she does have a sexy voice (when talking).

B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Funnily enough, I went to Yoko Ono's concert for John Lennon last year and Lady Gaga came out and sang, and you see that she has a great voice. She's a better natural voice than Madonna...why she chooses to hide it behind that awful autotune is beyond me.

I've heard that her natural singing voice is a good one and that her talent is actually sky high. I agree about the autotune crap, but it's the modern trend as of late and her CD sales aren't hurting any. I think she's sticking to the formula that got her rich and popular. More power to her I guess.

With that said, it would be interesting to see how she'd do vocally without any type of "assist" at all.

Overall, she does not use that vocal enhancement that much - IMO. If you want to hear her "stripped down" check this out from the Stern show:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_GMgkcc2KM&feature=YouTube_gdata_player

Http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=SvSxKNF7atM&feature=YouTube_gdata_player

Http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=F_GMgkcc2KM&feature=YouTube_gdata_player

These should be the correct links. Just checked here this morning to see the others not working. The new software and my phone are not mixing very well. :(

Edit: I don't know why "Hair" is not posting. I'll try to find another link.

• 3 months later...

Archived