Jimmy attended Sir Peter Blake RAH party and 2 Royal Albert Hall gigs

kenog

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2167428/Sir-Paul-McCartney-rock-gods-force-celebrate-Sir-Peter-Blakes-80th-birthday.html

With a combined age of 270, they make a quartet of genuine rock legends.

Sir Paul McCartney, 70, Eric Clapton, 67, Roger Daltrey, 68, and Ronnie Wood, 65, were among a parade of stars who turned out to mark the 80th birthday of pop art pioneer Sir Peter Blake.

He is most famous for designing the iconic cover for The Beatles’ 1967 album Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

The party was held at the Royal Albert Hall where a retrospective exhibition of Sir Peter’s work is being held. As well as the static exhibition there is also a mobile work of art in the form of a tour bus which will be spotted at festivals around the country.

The artist, in red braces and with a walking stick, was seen enjoying a drink with Sir Paul and the singer’s wife Nancy Shevell at the event on Friday.

He also cut a cake, iced with a pop art design, in front of the partygoers who included former Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman, 75. Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood was with his 34-year-old theatre producer girlfriend Sally Humphreys.

Other guests included Beatles producer Sir George Martin, 86, Tony Bennett, 85, and Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, 68, while Madness performed some of their songs.

As well as Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Sir Peter designed the cover for the Band Aid single Do They Know It’s Christmas? and Paul Weller’s album Stanley Road.

Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons, Royal Albert Hall June 2012

http://www.theartsdesk.com/new-music/frankie-valli-four-seasons-royal-albert-hall

It was the right venue. Frankie Valli is New Jersey royalty. He might not have been crowned, but appearing in The Sopranos is as good as any coronation. As he leaned into the audience, shaking hands, he spread his magic. Even Jimmy Page had come along for this rare London show by one of pop’s greatest, most distinctive voices.

www.tompetty.com

20 Jun2012

London, GB

Opening Acts: Jonathan Wilson

The Royal Albert Hall added to its rich concert history on Wednesday night as Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers closed out their two-night run at the famed London venue with an epic show featuring a guest appearance by close friend and rock legend Steve Winwood.

Backstage hopped with excitement before the show as family and friends mingled with the band amid the road cases. Winwood - who opened for Tom and the Heartbreakers' summer tour in 2008 - caught up with tour manager Richard Fernandez and checked out guitars with Alan Rogan before the show. Olivia Harrison dropped in to say hello. Father-and-son producing duo Glyn and Ethan Johns were around. Nick Lowe and Jimmy Page were in the house and Helen Mirren came backstage to say hi.

Edited by kenog

I like how the first report presents Jimmy as relatively youthful. The other two reports affirm his appreciation for music is still strong.

I am sure Jimmy purchased a private box at the RAH many years ago. Can you confirm?

I am sure Jimmy purchased a private box at the RAH many years ago. Can you confirm?

Earliest confirmed appearance I'm aware of for Jimmy in his private RAH box is a Frank Sinatra concert the week of Sep 15-20 1980.

It is quite possible he purchased a private box earlier that year to coincide with his purchase of the Old Mill House near Windsor.

I like how the first report presents Jimmy as relatively youthful. The other two reports affirm his appreciation for music is still strong.

I once read an interview with Tom Petty about Live Aid. He said he hung out with Jimmy backstage. When it was Zeppelin's turn to play, Jimmy took him by the arm to the side of the stage where he watched Zeppelin play. Tom sounded pretty knocked out by that experience!

I like Tom too, he's great...

Earliest confirmed appearance I'm aware of for Jimmy in his private RAH box is a Frank Sinatra concert the week of Sep 15-20 1980.

It is quite possible he purchased a private box earlier that year to coincide with his purchase of the Old Mill House near Windsor.

こんにちは saj,

感謝

I think the late, great Peter Grant may have purchased a RAH box too.

さようなら

(Japanese words courtesy of 'Google Translate' - just in case the above has alternative meanings :P )

I couldnt see those in the pic I saw, but f there are, that would back up my general theory and belief that Jimmy suffers from arthritis and/or tendonitis and that is why he doesn't perform that much anymore.

I suppose no one noticed Page is getting cortisone injections? In one of the photos you can see the injection sites. All the photos show how swollen his PIP joints are.

Could be good news? Could be bad. :bubble:

Kenog...Thank you for updates as always.....

Photo link of Jimmy and The Party...

http://www.isopix.be...-924699-st.aspx

PlanetPage,

You are very welcome. Thanks so much for finding these photos. Over the past few days, I have checked the usual sites like Rex Features, Getty Images and Zimbio, but I could not find any with Jimmy - and then you come to the rescue :thumbsup: .

I suppose no one noticed Page is getting cortisone injections? In one of the photos you can see the injection sites. All the photos show how swollen his PIP joints are.

Could be good news? Could be bad. :bubble:

In the one of his holding the wineglass sitting beside Mr. Blake, his left hand does look all purple with a red patch and quite swollen. :(

I am always just amazed when I look at those hands!

They are the pictures provided in the link. You just have to look. My pointing it out is bad enough. I'm not going to rub it in by posting pictures.

Yes, one could come to that conclusion. But only he can say.

My God...you're a ray of sunshine on these forums, aren't you?

• 2 weeks later...