LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

Because Now I think he likes to bend and stretch them and play them new ways. I hope he never gets back with them and lets it become Spinal Tap....unless they really have something new musically to put out there that is creative and expands their career...just playing the same 20 songs or so no...they already did it. Maybe Plant's life(and death) experiences have made him more of a searcher for something new than the other 2 are.I hope Celebration Day will be seen as the exclamation point on possibly rock's greatest band ever and not a segue into repetitiveness...its all I got . I respect your hopes but...not gonna happen in this life so I wouldnt give it a lot of thought. True artists don't give the fans "what they want" they create art and hope its appreciated and really its greedy record labels and or ego that keep these groups touring til they die. Just lookin forward to one more flight on the movie screen...

Edit:yes it has...I have nothing new to add This was settled and concluded 4 and a half years ago.

Agree Steve and RH. These comments and directions seem to have no end here. As long as the three are around it won't end as I suppose there is a possibility. But I won't dwell on this subject....at least not here. But I'd be the first to love the possibility! It just won't happen. With this movie and dvd/cd release, I can't think of a better way to cap everything for good!!! They were spot on and many of their songs were their best ever versions ever. Don't need to say as you know what they are. Too many to list out of the sixteen!

I don't blame Robert for anything, and I just don't understand any "fan" that thinks he owes them something. I was first turned on to Led Zep when I was 13 years old. A month later, Bonzo died. Would I have loved to have seen them live? Hell yeah! Would I have loved to have been at the O2? Hell yeah! But I resigned myself to the fact years ago that I would never see them live. They were just a little before my time. I'm fine with that. It doesn't bother me in the least because there's nothing I can do to change it anyway. I don't walk around with a chip on my shoulder blaming everything on Robert. The man has free choice to do what he wants with his life. All of us do. It sounds like they put in a hell of a performance at the 02, but I agree with Robert, when in a vague not so obvious way, he told the world he was basically too old to do justice to the Zeppelin legacy on a nightly basis. If Robert feels he can't be authentic with regards to Zeppelin, then I don't want to see something that isn't authentic. And how authentic could any Zeppelin tour be without John Henry Bonham?

nicely put!

I honestly dont blame fans for wanting a reunion (especially after the VERY good O2 performance). I mean honestly, would anyone here poo-poo if tomorrow they announced there getting back together for a show or two? I doubt it. But on the flip side I can see Plants artistic instict to hold on to and keep doing what he loves to do. I cant blame him for that.

But at the same time I cant blame Jimmy for wanting to hit the road or do new material. He seems up for it. To me, I would be much more interested in new material than just a tour. Now that would get me excited. I think they could come up with some amazing stuff after all these years of learning and growing. Its a catch 22 IMO.

I second that.

I was about 15 or 16 when JHB had his unfortunate demise. Still, such a sad ending this day!!!

Go listen to The Rover, or IMTOD...unbelievable.

I tell ya what-It might just be me, being a huge JB fan, but I'd love to see an official JHB drum solo album released. I know there's not a chance in hell of that happening, but there are so many good solo's out there and some I've probably never heard. Some people get bored with em' but I can listen to them in amazement and anticipation of every beat. I guess it's time to make my own JB disk.

Go listen to The Rover, or IMTOD...unbelievable.

I tell ya what-It might just be me, being a huge JB fan, but I'd love to see an official JHB drum solo album released. I know there's not a chance in hell of that happening, but there are so many good solo's out there and some I've probably never heard. Some people get bored with em' but I can listen to them in amazement and anticipation of every beat. I guess it's time to make my own JB disk.

Maybe time for you to do that RH! I'm sure others here would be interested in something like this. Although, me being a non-musician, I'm much more of a JP guy than Bonzo.

With this movie and dvd/cd release, I can't think of a better way to cap everything for good!!! They were spot on and many of their songs were their best ever versions ever. Don't need to say as you know what they are. Too many to list out of the sixteen!

It was a valiant performance, but let's not get carried way.

I guess that means no Laurie, Miss Pamela or plaster caster, but no need to go there!

Steve is right, as I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself on this, but l can't wait to see this film in a couple of weeks. After, I see this on the big screen then perhaps I can tone it back a bit...or perhaps not? This is just one show ( so it's tough to judge that certain songs are the best ever versions all together), and may be the finest way for any artist to go out (perhaps even The Band's "The Last Waltz)with the ultimate "Swan Song". But the early reviews, such as Dave Lewis' say that this is something extraordinary and not to be missed.

Never read a review as poignant, detailed and heartfelt as Dave's for this film. It was so emotional and know how much this band is a part of his soul, mine and so may others here. Just so well done!

Archived