New 1977 soundboard - Landover 25/5 & 30/5 - Empress Valley release

Triplet Kick

Thanks for the scans elgimpo(although your first three pics somehow got duplicated twice in your post)!

Like your alterations Sue...especially that first one with the JPJ photo. Love the halo of blue around his hair.

Okay, so Double-Shot is the 25 and 30 Sbds and Maryland Moonshine is all four nights, correct?

Thanks for the scans elgimpo(although your first three pics somehow got duplicated twice in your post)!

Like your alterations Sue...especially that first one with the JPJ photo. Love the halo of blue around his hair.

Okay, so Double-Shot is the 25 and 30 Sbds and Maryland Moonshine is all four nights, correct?

Thank you, and yes, you are correct!

ha, might as well. Though 1977/05/28 sucks to my ears alot more than 05/26

True dat. But my plan is to make a copy of my Powhatan Confederacy, then take the original for trade value to knock down the cost of getting Double Shot. Might look through my stash for other boots I don't need or listen to anymore...might be able to get Double Shot for basically nothing.

Sue, you've got mail.

True dat. But my plan is to make a copy of my Powhatan Confederacy, then take the original for trade value to knock down the cost of getting Double Shot. Might look through my stash for other boots I don't need or listen to anymore...might be able to get Double Shot for basically nothing.

Sue, you've got mail.

Cool, I wish I could do that, but I have literally nothing to offer.

And thanks, you do too.

I just saw a copy of Double Shot selling for 540 usd... I was seriously outbid I must say... Biddings for a Maryland Moonshine set are now well above 1300 USD... I'm sitting on the side waiting for Eelgrass or GodfatherRecords...

yes - expecting my box any day now...

ha, might as well. Though 1977/05/28 sucks to my ears alot more than 05/26

Yep...28/5/77 is, along with 25/4/77 (Louisville), the worst show of the first two legs of the tour. A rare off night for John Bonham, which is not a good thing.

I just saw a copy of Double Shot selling for 540 usd... I was seriously outbid I must say... Biddings for a Maryland Moonshine set are now well above 1300 USD... I'm sitting on the side waiting for Eelgrass or GodfatherRecords...

$540? $1300?! Fuck me, that's highway robbery...the scary thing is some idjit out there will actually shell out those bucks for the motherfuckers...Christ, I wouldn't pay that much for an unopened, mono first pressing "Butcher Cover" (The Beatles Yesterday And Today LP...you know, something that's actually, like, collectible)

Yep...28/5/77 is, along with 25/4/77 (Louisville), the worst show of the first two legs of the tour. A rare off night for John Bonham, which is not a good thing.

$540? $1300?! Fuck me, that's highway robbery...the scary thing is some idjit out there will actually shell out those bucks for the motherfuckers...Christ, I wouldn't pay that much for an unopened, mono first pressing "Butcher Cover" (The Beatles Yesterday And Today LP...you know, something that's actually, like, collectible)

Makes me even more grateful for the guys that actually spend their hard earned money on these babies and then share it with the rest of us!

Makes me even more grateful for the guys that actually spend their hard earned money on these babies and then share it with the rest of us!

Yep, and the bootleggers know damn well that that is how the game is played, which is why they markup the prices so fucking high. The flipside are these fly by night bootleg operations that simply download the recording for free when it is originally shared for free online, then package and sell the thing! :lol::rolleyes:

That Eelgrass artwork looks like it was thrown together in about fifteen minutes (not that the EVSD packaging is much better). Again, their graphic designers -I use that term very lightly- could have come to a site like this and taken their pick of pictures they could have used from the May 25 and May 30 shows. Using what is obviously a picture from Chicago (Page's plain white pants being the giveaway)? It just seems like a blatantly half assed effort on the part of the bootleggers. Won't stop 'em from charging handsomely for the CD's though...

I bet more effort was put into the plain white w/ a stamped title old vinyl bootlegs than this Eelgrass packaging...they should hire Sue to ensure the visual aspect's historical accuracy and yers truly to write liner notes!

Thanks, Nutrocker! Though to be honest, I'd rather work for fan labels like Winston Remasters or Small Fish.

That Eelgrass artwork looks like it was thrown together in about fifteen minutes (not that the EVSD packaging is much better). Again, their graphic designers -I use that term very lightly- could have come to a site like this and taken their pick of pictures they could have used from the May 25 and May 30 shows. Using what is obviously a picture from Chicago (Page's plain white pants being the giveaway)? It just seems like a blatantly half assed effort on the part of the bootleggers. Won't stop 'em from charging handsomely for the CD's though...

I bet more effort was put into the plain white w/ a stamped title old vinyl bootlegs than this Eelgrass packaging...they should hire Sue to ensure the visual aspect's historical accuracy and yers truly to write liner notes!

Archived