does this happen to anyone else?

anita1967

I know, i do too...share it with your daughter and everyone! thats cool. :D

thanks god my kids are all musical.

Oldest son, bassist in a punk/rock band. Does Dazed and Confused before shows for me. Has Zoso on his inner wrist.

Younger son, drummer in a rock band. Loves John's fills and points things out in the songs that I never knew.

Daughter. Singer. Screamer. Could give Percy a run for his money.

Good for you. Ten years gone but your still holdin' on, eh? :D Good luck in your new endeavors. Hopefully you won't have to work for another stick in the mud.

I played that song my last day.

I also requested it at my local rock station on the tenth anniversary of John's death, and I had to tell the DJ what day it was. What a sap

I used to listen Led zepplein all day time ago but now i only listen to the last show they did and other music the worls does not turn around Led Zeppelin .

while you are entitled to your own opinion, the word you're looking for is "world"

and in fact, at this moment in time and space, it VERY much does.

I feel the same exact way. In fact, read my post under Newbies (not sure why I put it there!) called "Obsession/MidLife Crisis?" I was obsessed with this band 27 years ago and have found myself completely "re-obsessed." Everyone around me thinks I'm nuts but I don't care! It's a sweet obsession and I don't want it to stop. I read where someone else said they had "led poisoning"... well I don't want to be cured! I've listened to them non-stop for about a month or so now with no plans of stopping!! Glad I'm not the only one! :D

My friends and family are beginning to think I'm insane. Whenever I mention Zepp, I get: eye rolls, bored "really"s, even more bored "oh"s, blank looks and changes of subject. It's getting to be lonely in this cold town! :(

In spite of all the negativity surrounding my obsession, I'll never let it go....f***k 'em if they can't take it.

when I arrive home from work, I usually have some Zeppelin related topic to share with my daughter, be it about the band as a whole, or a member. She tells me I act like I know them personally, and I reply that I know them as well as any other obsessed fan can who has grown up with their music constantly on their mind...

has anyone else got someone telling them that they're obsessed? What is your response? I know what mine is..Ive been this way since I was 12 and Im not going to change now!

Probably is a little unbalanced, I couldn't possibly listen to Zeppelin every night, let alone obsess about the bands ego. I try to appreciate songs as objective material without cluttering them up with the celebrity factor; which after all, is auxiliary.

Variety is the spice of life.

I completely understand. Something about Led Zeppelin completely distinguishes them from all other bands. There is a mystique, something you can't quite put your finger on. I love Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, etc., but I haven't gone out and bought all of their albums, nor did I buy several books about them.

Writing the four symbols on the inside of all my trapper keepers in high school (be honest, some of you did the same thing) is another example of the esteem with which I held the band among rock musicians. Twenty years later and I still love to talk about LZ, to the point of driving some of my friends crazy. My incessant "Isn't this f--cking awesome"s about the O2 event has gotten me close to being cut off by the bartender. Interestingly though I've run across more than a few people who enjoy discussing them as much as I do, with just as big a smile on their face.

There isn't a lot of middle ground when it comes to Zep. The people who love them REALLY love them, and the people who don't, well they can be just as passionate too, to the point where I've felt like a close friend has been insulted. Don't get me started on some of the malicious critics like John Mendelsnot who resented the incredible success they had in taking rock 'n roll in a new direction after the sixties. They just don't "get it" and never will. i feel the same as you all. and hey why dont people get bagged for listening to beethoven and the like 2 HUNDRED years on???? 30+ years is nothing!!!

when I arrive home from work, I usually have some Zeppelin related topic to share with my daughter, be it about the band as a whole, or a member. She tells me I act like I know them personally, and I reply that I know them as well as any other obsessed fan can who has grown up with their music constantly on their mind...

has anyone else got someone telling them that they're obsessed? What is your response? I know what mine is..Ive been this way since I was 12 and Im not going to change now!

my husband thinks I am a bit strange the way I love their music...but I don't mind, I don't plan on keeping him around that much longer...well, at least until the kids are grown...I'd say I have about another 16 years or so...LOL

I used to a few years ago, all the time.

Although my obsession with them has cooled a lot since then...that teenage hysteria I had when I first discovered them has kinda stepped aside. Not that I love them even less; I probably love them more now, but it's just not as...over the top.

Yup...all true zep fans have this one theme in common. Which is why we are all here!

Archived