Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate and Latte' drinkers

LedZeppfan77

2 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

🤣🤣 When I was in my early 20's, that's EXACTLY what we did and we called it the same thing. Strong coffee with whatever alcohol mixed in (usually rum) and some weed.

I knew this guy back in college who used to smoke weed and down about a half-bottle of NyQuil. The combo really F-ed that dude up on the regular. He called it poor man's quaalude :hysterical:

Edited by BobDobbs

15 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

I knew this guy back in college who used to smoke weed and down about a half-bottle of NyQuil. The combo really F-ed that dude up on the regular. He called it poor man's quaalude :hysterical:

Ohhhh daaaang ..!! That's loco lol.

29 minutes ago, Electrophile said:

Speaking of coffee, I have my every-other-Friday frappuccino in front of me right now. Along with a couple of Walkers shortbread cookies because they're the only shortbread cookies I've ever had that are better than my grandmother's. LOL

Is there anything better than shortbread cookies? My mom used to always bring home those big tins of the Danish ones. The "O" shaped ones were best, the rest got eaten only if that's all that was available. I mean, who puts hard sugar on a cookie the size of a small pebbles, what's that about? 😛

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 11:45 PM, BobDobbs said:

Goddamnit! What sort of savage likes French Blend? Blech! You are 100% correctomundo my friend, that shit is too bitter for my taste. A serious coffee indeed, not for the faint of heart.

I am typically a nice, medium-bodied blend kinda guy. Usually Peets Big Bang is my go-to. Though if I'm jonesin for the extra-strong, a double-shot of espresso with a wee dab o' Grand Mariner really hits the spot. I enjoy the latter around 8pm, after dinner with a nice burn. SWEET 🙂  Kinda like a poor man's speed-ball.

I’m forcing it down and saving the much preferred medium blend Caribou.  The bastards tricked me.  Thought I was buying Hawaiin 

• 3 weeks later...

I have enough coffee for a boatload of Frenchmun crossing the Atlantic with a row boat. 

I have Tullys Hawaiin!!!  Starbucks Veranda Blonde!!  And Caribou!!!!  A very nice mild blend. And of course the damn French roast. 3 out of 4 ain't bad.  Yes I know the song is 2 out of 3.  

So I use half and half and I put a little coffee mate powder in first.  Then with the Hawaiin, I add a little Coconut milk.  Those coconut creamers are good.  Very expensive now. SO is very good  I  buy the SO brand coconut milk, unsweetened in the green and white carton.  I use it to make my hot cereal. If anyone out there is diabetic, the coconut milk i  better for you. Unsweetened of course. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

My 3rd Keurig maker motor burned out and they are supposedly replacing it AGAIN!!!!  Have lots of pods.  In the mean time after buying two Veranda blonde bags that are $8 for small bags, I got a large can of Tim Hortons coffee at Costco.  This after buying a cheapo $30 coffee maker at Walmart while waiting for my $200 Keurig.  You know, the vanilla Latte's at Tim Horton are just as good as the ones at Starbucks and many days you get any size for $2.!!!  If you have the app and use the barcode scanner.  Love those vanilla Latte's with expresso.

Add that my wife is a tea drinker.  I like tea also but must have my coffee.  430 am most mornings.  Up with my cat lately.  He has messed up times for feeding. Diesel is his name.  Tuxedo black.  The thing about tea is it stains the mugs.  Use efferdent or alka selzer on them.  Keep my favorite mugs away from the tea.  She drinks the God awful Lipton.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Drinking Wegmans latest version, last years that I saved, of White Christmas coffee in K pod.  It has caramel and vanilla, holiday roast.  

Must add, my new Keurig machine arrived yesterday.   New model.  They stand behind their products.  They have replaced 3!!!!!!  In less than 6 months. LOL.  It was the model with the water tank on the side that removes.  The damn thing costs $189 at Costco.  So if you bought your machine at Costco by chance, no doubt you have that model.  It burns the motor out if the water tank is dry.  Beware.  If you see smoke coming from top, rest assured the motor burned out and it wont power on.  I have this new model now that so far is working fine. A bit different.  I actually think it will last longer. My first lasted years.  Fast cup of coffee.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
adding