Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate and Latte' drinkers

LedZeppfan77

Nice thread Rick, minus the circle-jerk on page 1.....:rolleyes:

We brew the old fashioned way at home, daily. Use Starbucks beans and grind them up. Have been using this Coconut Milk creamer lately, which is better for you and tastes about the same. Loving the Christmas Blend right now, I'll have to try out the Blonde, seen it but never tried it.

If I'm buying a coffee at Starbucks, it's usually a venti, non-fat, peppermint mocha - with whip. Or a hazelnut coffee. That's rare anymore though. In the summer their frappuccinos are nice and refreshing.

As far as tea goes, usually unsweetened iced tea. Or if the pollen is bad and I'm losing my voice at work - hot tea, just plain.

Nice thread Rick, minus the circle-jerk on page 1..... :rolleyes:

We brew the old fashioned way at home, daily. Use Starbucks beans and grind them up. Have been using this Coconut Milk creamer lately, which is better for you and tastes about the same. Loving the Christmas Blend right now, I'll have to try out the Blonde, seen it but never tried it.

If I'm buying a coffee at Starbucks, it's usually a venti, non-fat, peppermint mocha - with whip. Or a hazelnut coffee. That's rare anymore though. In the summer their frappuccinos are nice and refreshing.

As far as tea goes, usually unsweetened iced tea. Or if the pollen is bad and I'm losing my voice at work - hot tea, just plain.

They got me on the Kuerig. You dont get as much coffee for the money, but I am so sick of having a cheap Mr Coffee type machine that takes so long for a coffee, I cheat and put my cup under it before its done. Love the speed of the Kuerig and I refuse to spend $200 on a Bunn. I saw the Xmas blend today in Starbucks. But I am only using the Kuerig and did not see it in K Cups. But the Blonde is. I am in love with this blonde. Ha. I love the SO coconut creamer too. I put it in my hot cereal too. I love the Latte's at Starbucks and you can order them at 140 degrees so you can actually drink them without getting third degree burns like you do at DD. Starbucks has the best environment also. I see all kinds of crazy CDs there too. I actually found a Who CD with like all of the best songs they ever did. Kind of a greatest hits from Quad, Tommy, Who's Next, etc. I do like hot teas in the winter. Green or white preferably and I am a raspberry nut.

Idk about German mustards - apart from the mustard gas they used in WW1, the dirty Hun - but I sometimes use French varieties.

I think we get the distinct impression that Americans generally only like plain things.

Well, I agree when it comes to not putting that fishy worsteshire sauce in tomato juice. So what is the deal with the English and tomatoes? Can tomatoes even grown anywhere in Britain?

Yesterday Starbucks announced a new political campaign called "come together", Some plan to influence congress to settle the fiscal cliff budget impass. As if caffeine doesn't get your blood pressure up high enough already; now you get political slogans on your cup.

I buy Yuban coffee at Walmart in the 3lb cans. Walmart usually has way better prices on coffee than the grocery store. If I don't have time to brew my own before work, I'll grab a cup at 7-11 or Circle K for less than a buck.

Rick, you can buy a refillable K cup. I bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I actually mean the small pellets for one time use that the coffee is in. The small item that goes into the machine that makes the one cup. They come in either 12 or 18 to a box. I think for now Ill be using the Starbucks Veranda (Blonde) and I also like Caribeau. Its a medium blend.

I actually mean the small pellets for one time use that the coffee is in. The small item that goes into the machine that makes the one cup. They come in either 12 or 18 to a box. I think for now Ill be using the Starbucks Veranda (Blonde) and I also like Caribeau. Its a medium blend.

Rick, Melanie is referring to reusable k-kups. You can use any flavor or brand you want.

See the link for an example.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=8464431&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8464431&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!40181398959!g!M!15447646719&pid=1184768132012

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had another gingerbread latte today; they are sooo good! This coffee shop is about 20 minutes from home in the wrong direction, out in the country, so it's only an occasional treat. They are so much better than Starbucks!

Better than Starbucks? Must be good. I have had gingerbread, pumpkin spice, and vanilla latte's which I love. Now I am hooked on Veranda Blonde

Better than Starbucks? Must be good. I have had gingerbread, pumpkin spice, and vanilla latte's which I love. Now I am hooked on Veranda Blonde

Yes, it's really good. I'd say that the coffee itself is less bitter than Starbucks, and the syrup is a little sweeter. No added sugar, but just a tad sweet. At Starbucks I always ask for nonfat milk too, and I never remember to at the other place, but I don't think that has anything to do with it! :)

We recently also discovered Trader Joe's coffee; the regular dark roast has a nice flavor and a can of whole beans is only $4.99. It tastes more similar to Dunkin than Starbucks...not bitter.

Yes, it's really good. I'd say that the coffee itself is less bitter than Starbucks, and the syrup is a little sweeter. No added sugar, but just a tad sweet. At Starbucks I always ask for nonfat milk too, and I never remember to at the other place, but I don't think that has anything to do with it! :)

We recently also discovered Trader Joe's coffee; the regular dark roast has a nice flavor and a can of whole beans is only $4.99. It tastes more similar to Dunkin than Starbucks...not bitter.

Trader Joe's just came here and my mother is in love with the place. I love Starbucks new Veranda Blonde coffee though and will say its the best I have ever had. And it comes in K Cups for the Kuerig brewer. As for tea, I also like tea after I have had my coffee fix for the morning. In the afternoon Ill drink Blueberry flavored White tea by Lipton. I also like the Mandarin Orange Green Tea. I like pretty much all imported teas. I love the tea that comes in large leaf and is brewed with those little round metal bulbs. But the place is outragous in price I get it from. I loved the chocolate tea also. I put honey in my tea. in my coffee I use coffee mate powder and then a little half and half or skim milk to cool it a bit. Sometimes out I get Tim Hortons cafe mocha I am disappointed in Tim Hortons because they did not create the K Cups.

• 7 years later...

Every day coffee drinker here. Mon-Fri. I have a huge cup of straight black Yuban coffee right before walking out the door for work, and when off on weekends I enjoy sitting at home with mom in the morning (who I am caregiver for) and we drink Dunkin' Donuts coffee together. 💕  Of course I cook a nice breakfast along with it too.

Edited by luvlz2

• 5 months later...
On 10/29/2020 at 6:48 PM, luvlz2 said:

Every day coffee drinker here. Mon-Fri. I have a huge cup of straight black Yuban coffee right before walking out the door for work, and when off on weekends I enjoy sitting at home with mom in the morning (who I am caregiver for) and we drink Dunkin' Donuts coffee together. 💕  Of course I cook a nice breakfast along with it too.

Black Yuban? Classy.

Hells bells man, toss a couple teaspoons of Folgers in a dirty mug, add water and away I go! If it was good enough for the hobos, its good enough for me 😉