Jimmy's son in S.Korean movie

truth and beauty

PlanetPage - thanks so much for posting Streetcar.

I've so enjoyed listening to it !

Yes, watching it too, but what absolutely marks it out for me is the use of sound . Sound is vastly underrated in most news/documentary making , but to me, sound is the secret weapon in this context: the element which so many people fail to remark on, but which is the magic ingredient which hooks them in and lends immediacy to the filming. This film does not make that mistake: excellent sound recording which is allowed to breathe throughout and is as much a crucial part of the narrative as are the comments of the contributors.

In this case of course, it's so appropriate that a film made by Jimmy's son should be so much marked out by its careful, and highly strategic, use of sound .

I haven't watched the Duet movie ( in fact, loyalties to Led Zeppelin aside, I'm not sure I'd like to!) . It's a little bit haunting to see from the trailer that James Page does have some of his dad's looks. But so much more touching to find that, on the evidence of Streetcar, he perhaps has inherited something of his father's understanding of the power of sound.

PlanetPage - thanks so much for posting Streetcar.

I've so enjoyed listening to it !

Yes, watching it too, but what absolutely marks it out for me is the use of sound . Sound is vastly underrated in most news/documentary making , but to me, sound is the secret weapon in this context: the element which so many people fail to remark on, but which is the magic ingredient which hooks them in and lends immediacy to the filming. This film does not make that mistake: excellent sound recording which is allowed to breathe throughout and is as much a crucial part of the narrative as are the comments of the contributors.

In this case of course, it's so appropriate that a film made by Jimmy's son should be so much marked out by its careful, and highly strategic, use of sound .

I haven't watched the Duet movie ( in fact, loyalties to Led Zeppelin aside, I'm not sure I'd like to!) . It's a little bit haunting to see from the trailer that James Page does have some of his dad's looks. But so much more touching to find that, on the evidence of Streetcar, he perhaps has inherited something of his father's understanding of the power of sound.

April Lynn, Truth & Beauty, you welcome, I really loved the sound in the Streetcar as well, very haunting for some reason; the Photography is amazing, and "The Colors and Textures", of New Orleans he captured, in true vision of his Father, likewise, I hope he will explore more cities of great architect around the world, I would love him to make a documentary on The Taj Mahal Hotel in Bombay, constructed in early 19th Century, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, and countless celebrities of every decade have stayed there, historical records of this place would be more than amazing; a suggestion amongst many; He has chosen his own path, perhaps in his personal time, he pays Tribute to his Father, His Trade;

Duet Moive/Download Link

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/duet+

Archived