Counselling After The Gig

A friend of mine who attended the 0-2 gig has had to go and see their doctor as they are now so depressed about the possibility of not seeing Led Zeppelin again and feeling so down since the gig ended. Anyone else here considering psychiatric treatment?

Said the user with the name obsessedwithzeppelin....... :D

I'm not sure which way you're going with this, so I won't be mean...I'll just say this: My username is exactly that, a username. & a silly one at that. As I posted above, it would have been nice to go, but I didn't turn suicidal because I didn't. You bringing my username & comparing it to this situation, is nonsense. You obviously haven't read many of my posts, or you'd know differently.

I dont know what troll means, just a 38 year old fan of the band. What is trolling? I have heard that a few times..

Here's the definition from Wikipedia:

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the singular intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.[1] It often has a broader meaning referring to any shady trouble making Internet activity.

A friend of mine who attended the 0-2 gig has had to go and see their doctor as they are now so depressed about the possibility of not seeing Led Zeppelin again and feeling so down

...it would have been nice to go, but I didn't turn suicidal because I didn't.

He didn't initially say his friend was suicidal!

Just because someone is depressed doesn't mean they want to kill themselves. It turns out here that this was the case with his friend.

I'm currently depressed but

1) I don't want to kill myself

2) not knowing if I'll ever see my favorite band ever, certainly doesn't help...but isn't a primary reason for my condition either

I'll have to admit to some Zepp-depression from not getting a chance at attending the show. Brought back memories of '77 when I went into a deep 15-year-old depression after Plant's son died and the New Orleans show and then tour was cancelled, dashing my hopes of seeing my rock idols in person...for 30 years now. But hey, I got over it. There are other things in life to be depressed about too. Zepp-denial is but a tiny chip off the whole block of things that can depress one in life...

A friend of mine who attended the 0-2 gig has had to go and see their doctor as they are now so depressed about the possibility of not seeing Led Zeppelin again and feeling so down since the gig ended. Anyone else here considering psychiatric treatment?

Feeling down ??? are you kidding ?? yes i am sure you are !! I am so up I couldn't get any more high !! it was awesome, if it is as it seems the only show then wow !! I will be high for ever and not down !!

I have to admit that after the euphoria of Monday and Tuesday I have been feeling the stab of an existential sadness that this might be the end and that Led Zeppelin will have to be consigned to history. It seems such a waste of these huge talents that they can't work in what is the ideal context and team. That something beautiful and important has died and that some of the very special and good people in the band will be unhappy and frustrated for the rest of their lives. It seems so wrong and such a waste. It is not about my unhappiness but about theirs.

What a big girls blouse.

Archived