Special Guests

weslgarlic

I was at the Alexis Korner benefit show at Buxton Opera House in 1994 where Page and Plant played. I guess they were very special guests and it was of course brilliant. I auctioned the programme for Jimmys Brazil Charity at a Zeppelin convention. I think it raised £50

I was at the Alexis Korner benefit show at Buxton Opera House in 1994 where Page and Plant played. I guess they were very special guests and it was of course brilliant. I auctioned the programme for Jimmys Brazil Charity at a Zeppelin convention. I think it raised £50
I've go that gig on CD somewhere .. it predated No Quarter

Saw Bad Company in 74 or 75 when their debut album came out. They opened for Foghat, and Page came out for the encore for Bad Co. The place went completely nuts. I remember Paul Rodgers saying something like "Aw, c'mon, he's not that good"

Have you ever been to a gig where Robert Plant , Jimmy Page or John Paul Jones have made a guest appearance ?

Fairport Convention, Robert Plant - The Battle Of Evermore

Red House - Aerosmith & Jimmy Page - Marquee Club Rehearsal - 1990

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE27x9kIB3c

Both of those - well, not the rehearsal for Aerosmith but the actual gig.

Also a couple of Plant gigs where Page was "special guest".

Unfortunately I wasn't there, but this is one of my favourite guest appearances...Robert Plant with Rockpile

Would this count? It wasn't a full Rockpile gig and Plant was on the bill - a bit like the Freddie Mercury Tribute and the Princes Trust gig.

Agreed it is a big favourite though.

Sorry but I think it was planned - it's Rock For Kampuchea - Bonzo and Jonesy also appeared in the finale.

Yes, and I believe all three participated in the rehearsals for this show. Still seeking direct quotes from the principles to confirm all involvement was planned.

I don't seem to have any in my notes on file.

I've been to a few shows in the hope of a surprise appearance. You've got to make an educated guess sometimes. I went to Roy Harper's 60th birthday at the Royal Festival Hall, but it didn't happen. Fortunately Jimmy Page did turn up for Roy Harper's 70th at the same venue on November 5th 201, where they played The Same Old Rock together. A wonderful evening. Maybe Jimmy should have gone under the pseudonym S. Flavious Mercurius that night.

Archived