2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

The Mets come home Friday & who do they come home to, the Nationals & Dodgers; it might not be pretty! I wonder how these canceled games are going to affect the rotation. The schedule says Harvey pitches Friday against Strasburg but I think with the doubleheader tomorrow, Harvey's next turn will come on Thursday in the finale against Colorado. Guess I'll have to wait & see how things shake out.

They're playing well Paul now. But things like this, especially throwing off the rotation can't help. So far, you can rely on Harvey and Niese. It's the other three that worries me so far. The offensive production has been great so far too, as the team is up there in many of these categories so far.

^^

That's what I was pointing out earlier in the thread. The Tigers play their last series of the season against Miami of all teams. I just don't understand why the league would want to take away any chance of playing a division rival that you might be fighting against for a playoff spot. Seems assinine to me.

The only plus to West Coast trips is recording the game and watching it in the morning, which I did Saturday. Good thing too, because it went 12 innings. After getting burned a couple times by overtimes and blackouts, I always set the recorder for an extra couple hours.

^^

That's what I was pointing out earlier in the thread. The Tigers play their last series of the season against Miami of all teams. I just don't understand why the league would want to take away any chance of playing a division rival that you might be fighting against for a playoff spot. Seems assinine to me.

The only plus to West Coast trips is recording the game and watching it in the morning, which I did Saturday. Good thing too, because it went 12 innings. After getting burned a couple times by overtimes and blackouts, I always set the recorder for an extra couple hours.

Man the Tigers sure have Oakland's number. Now if you can get your team to play as good in the Series. Francona vs the Red Sox today. I say the Indians win one. Boston is playing over their heads and they have to have been distracted with this bombing. I mean, its not fair but its reality. We get a fucking desperate Tampa team tonight that will be out for payback. I hope Arizona goes in there and beats the Yankees but its not likely I suppose? Even though I know very little about Arizona. I like to see these strange matchups though. The Dodgers at Baltimore will be an attractive series. Ill bet EBK has tickets.

Man the Tigers sure have Oakland's number. Now if you can get your team to play as good in the Series. Francona vs the Red Sox today. I say the Indians win one. Boston is playing over their heads and they have to have been distracted with this bombing. I mean, its not fair but its reality. We get a fucking desperate Tampa team tonight that will be out for payback. I hope Arizona goes in there and beats the Yankees but its not likely I suppose? Even though I know very little about Arizona. I like to see these strange matchups though. The Dodgers at Baltimore will be an attractive series. Ill bet EBK has tickets.

You would win that bet :) We're going Saturday. There will be a pre-game tribute to Earl Weaver with several former players coming to speak. I really must try to remember to bring the camera...

Arizona's record indicates they've been playing good baseball. Whether or not that's enough to go into Yankees stadium & win a series is yet to be seen. A couple of starting pitchers with ERA's over seven would suggest it will be a high scoring game.

Hopefully the Mets get to play today, no more snow! :dont:

The Rays in the basement of the AL East, seems like Baltimore should dominate but this is a funny game & anything can happen.

You would win that bet :) We're going Saturday. There will be a pre-game tribute to Earl Weaver with several former players coming to speak. I really must try to remember to bring the camera...

I hope you have fun and that we win. Ill be watching from up here. Go O's!!!! When is Bundy going to pitch? Any idea? Will he be in relief at first?

Once again, starting pitching for the Mets outside of Harvey and Niese is fairly mediocre or in the case of Dillon Gee it just plain stinks, although pitching in Colorado can be a nightmare for anybody. Still got a lot of time left in this game.

And on another note, Desmond Jennings of the Rays; first pitch swinging hits a homer, oh my!

^^ I know it's only the Indians but, I'm ready to say that the Red Sox are for real! I honestly believe they can make a run, maybe not as a division winner, but a wild card is not out of the question.

Rick, Arrieta has thrown a lot of pitches but he has a 3-1 lead & the way Tampa's offense has been scuffling, 3 should equal a W.

^^ I know it's only the Indians but, I'm ready to say that the Red Sox are for real! I honestly believe they can make a run, maybe not as a division winner, but a wild card is not out of the question.

Rick, Arrieta has thrown a lot of pitches but he has a 3-1 lead & the way Tampa's offense has been scuffling, 3 should equal a W.

I hope they hold on. Time for the bullpen soon. Fucking Davis has to learn to take full counts and not swing at shit in the dirt. How about KC at Atlanta. Good game. Guthrie just got an infield hit!!!! Two on, for KC with two out. 2-1 Royals vs the red hot Braves

Ah they are out. I need Detroit and San Fran with Orioles. Bongers boys best come through with Fister

Edited by LedZeppfan77

^^ Yeah, but will Atlanta still be a machine in October. That's the only question with them.

I agree. But this team seems to be quite powerfull. I do not think there is any stoppiing them from making the playoffs. They are already a playoff team I would say. What is going on with the Angels? Maaaaaaaaaan. Ouch

Mets tie the Rockies, woo-hoo! Somebody else on that Mets staff needs to step up.

And speaking of what's going on, Giants getting bitchslapped by the Brewers! :huh:

Come on now Paul, its only 9-3 in the 3rd! :boohoo: The Giants could pull off a big comeback? At least I stopped playing the Angels.