Carded a gross 85 or 37 points this afternoon. Playing in sublime conditions too. I will post the card tomorrow

nice going CP ! Keep the cards coming.

hey quick question, and I hope I don`t sound like an idiot, but does England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales use the metric system in general, and if so, also at it`s golf courses...

Canada is predominantly metric but our golf courses still use yardages.....just wondering

hey quick question, and I hope I don`t sound like an idiot, but does England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales use the metric system in general, and if so, also at it`s golf courses...

Canada is predominantly metric but our golf courses still use yardages.....just wondering

Yards. I have yet to play a course here where there is metres.

TYPE-O, CP just gave you probably the best piece of advice there is with regards to golf. It`s all about the swing....the ball contact is the icing on the cake (hopefully!)

This is true ! If the swing isn't good, it turns into a game of Wack-F$#k . Take it from me, the course is long enough without taking the scenic route :lol:

I played in Ireland some years ago and the distances were in metres. Luckily, for me and not like most Americans, I understand and know how to convert metrics.

Good job CP on your golf round. I like the note on the card regarding not playing a shot when walkers are in range!

Everyone here remember always, that a bad day on the golf course is always better than a good day at work!!!

I played in Ireland some years ago and the distances were in metres. Luckily, for me and not like most Americans, I understand and know how to convert metrics!!!

C'mon SD a meter is only 3" longer than a yard, not much computation there! ;)

On a side note, the Walter family is lamenting the fact that Grandpa-in-law lost in a playoff for the 2nd consecutive year @ the Legends of Golf in Savannah! Little Walter took it especially hard! :(

Good round CP! Gonna have a puff in your honour tonight! :yesnod:

Edited by Walter

I played in Ireland some years ago and the distances were in metres.

No surprise there SD. Ireland is basically Europe. Has the euro and has been metric for some time. It will be a while until we buy anything in Kilos and grams, unless it's a nice bit of hash :D

THE NEXT PGA MAJOR FORUM GOLF POOL IS THE US OPEN FOLKS!

WILL BABS CONTINUE ON THE ROAD TOWARDS A GRAND SLAM OR IS SOMEONE ELSE GONNA WEAR THE POOL CROWN THIS TIME AROUND? MAYBE EBK?

.....stay tuned....I;ll be back! (I hate when my computer keys are screwed up!)

June 13-16, Merion Golf Club, Ardmore, Pa.

Edited by fishhead

THE NEXT PGA MAJOR FORUM GOLF POOL IS THE US OPEN FOLKS!

WILL EBK CONTINUE ON THE ROAD TOWARDS A GRAND SLAM OR IS SOMEONE ELSE GONNA WEAR THE POOL CROWN THIS TIME AROUND?

.....stay tuned....I;ll be back! (I hate when my computer keys are screwed up!)

June 13-16, Merion Golf Club, Ardmore, Pa.

I'll start studying up! hahahahahahahaha:)

I don't want to tell you how I came up with my list for the Masters...

I'll start studying up! hahahahahahahaha:)

I don't want to tell you how I came up with my list for the Masters...

I am a dumb dumb.....Babs won the original part go the pool EBK...MY BAD...I re-wrote my post above...please read....see ya later Edited by fishhead

Hi Fellow Golfers. Here is Sundays card. Not as successful as mid week for me, but Mrs CP played beautifully again. She missed out on the cigar by 2 shots. Very frustrating for her as she missed a couple of sitters and some of her chipping could have gone better. After a good front 9 the weather closed in and by the 10th was downright horrible. A curtain of drizzle and a brisk wind made scoring very difficult. ( although it didn't effect Mrs CP). Our comp tees make a few holes really tough, but I can't complain really as I was a little wayward off the tee.

golf card0001.pdf

Edited by chillumpuffer

What The fuck?

For the first time since 1981, the world will descend on Merion Golf Club's East Course on June 13 for the second Major championship of the year and the fifth time the US Open has been hosted there.

One thing you should expect to see? Wicker baskets adorning the tops of the flagsticks all across Merion's famed links.

Why wicker baskets instead of traditional flags? Let the Merion Golf Club website explain it:

"The wicker baskets' origin is a mystery to this day. There was a great deal written in 1912, and for three years thereafter, locally and nationally about this new course in Philadelphia. However, there was no mention of the soon-to-be famous wicker baskets. It could be assumed they were not there. By the summer of 1915, William Flynn, Merion's Superintendent, received patent approval for his wicker basket design. Merion had baskets that fall and from then-to-today. It could be assumed, due to lack of written proof, that Flynn convinced Wilson to use the baskets, and Merion received its "basket notoriety" the next year during the 1916 US Amateur."

So, no concrete proof of why they are used, but it's a cool tradition that I'm glad the USGA is sticking with for the '13 US Open.

The only time that the wicker baskets weren't used when the USGA descended on Merion was in 1950, when Ben Hogan won his second US Open. According to the book "Miracle at Merion," the USGA went with flags because, as Richard Tufts wrote, "Simply because they are different I think there will be some criticism if the baskets are used."

Anybody that wins a USGA event at Merion receives a wicker basket, and the course calls the flagsticks "standards" because of the lack of flags.

Now for the fun game, which player will be the first to hit a basket with a golf shot and complain? Your guess is as good as mine.

What The fuck?

For the first time since 1981, the world will descend on Merion Golf Club's East Course on June 13 for the second Major championship of the year and the fifth time the US Open has been hosted there.

One thing you should expect to see? Wicker baskets adorning the tops of the flagsticks all across Merion's famed links.

Why wicker baskets instead of traditional flags? Let the Merion Golf Club website explain it:

"The wicker baskets' origin is a mystery to this day. There was a great deal written in 1912, and for three years thereafter, locally and nationally about this new course in Philadelphia. However, there was no mention of the soon-to-be famous wicker baskets. It could be assumed they were not there. By the summer of 1915, William Flynn, Merion's Superintendent, received patent approval for his wicker basket design. Merion had baskets that fall and from then-to-today. It could be assumed, due to lack of written proof, that Flynn convinced Wilson to use the baskets, and Merion received its "basket notoriety" the next year during the 1916 US Amateur."

So, no concrete proof of why they are used, but it's a cool tradition that I'm glad the USGA is sticking with for the '13 US Open.

The only time that the wicker baskets weren't used when the USGA descended on Merion was in 1950, when Ben Hogan won his second US Open. According to the book "Miracle at Merion," the USGA went with flags because, as Richard Tufts wrote, "Simply because they are different I think there will be some criticism if the baskets are used."

Anybody that wins a USGA event at Merion receives a wicker basket, and the course calls the flagsticks "standards" because of the lack of flags.

Now for the fun game, which player will be the first to hit a basket with a golf shot and complain? Your guess is as good as mine.

Wow. I'm gonna google this and take a look......If a ball hits a basket and goes in they won;t be complaining lol....ciao Fishy

• 2 weeks later...

Go Tiger!!!!!

He cake walked it yesterday and the margin of his victory could have been far more than the two strokes he won by. Hard to not to bet for him at the US Open :yesnod:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Walt. Been away for a couple of weeks down in Cornwall on the South West coast. Very relaxing. Mrs CP beat me 2 games to 1. Humph !! I have a singles knockout this afternoon at 4. Weather couldn't be more perfect. Not a cloud to be seen and a temp @ 72 degrees and no wind. Trouble is my opponant is the club champion and plays off 2. But he has to give me 13 shots so if I play well I may sneek it. I know him well and he will also know that if I play well he may struggle.

Have one of the girls ready in 4 weeks and all looks great. Could just be a good crop. I reckon @ 2 oz. She looks fab.

I will post in the happy/unhappy thread later as to the outcome

errrrr it didn't. Played like a wanker and deserved to be beaten 5&4. The views were good though :D

We've all had rounds like that CP :lol: .Glad you enjoyed the views ;)

Big inter club knockout this afternoon. I play for our B team and we have been drawn against our A team. Needle match for sure. The weather is absolutely perfect for Golf. Highs of around 24 degrees and not a cloud in the sky with just a slight breeze. The course is playing very tough though as it hasn't rained for 2 weeks. So it's hard and very difficult to get under the ball. Needs a lot of thinking with wedges when approaching the very fast greens.

Lets hope I play better than my knockout this week. Although having said that I carded a net 71 on Wednesday.