The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

Ā 

Rest In Peace Corey Comperatore
Ā 
July 14 (Reuters) - The person shot and killed at former President Donald Trump's rally in Pennsylvania on Saturday was a 50-year-old volunteer firefighter who shielded his family to protect them as gunshots rang out, the state's Governor Josh Shapiro said on Sunday.
The victim was identified as Corey Comperatore, according to his family's posting on Facebook.
"The PA Trump Rally claimed the life of my brother, Corey Comperatore. The hatred for one man took the life of the one man we loved the most," the victim's sister said in the post on Sunday.
Comperatore previously served as the chief of the Buffalo Township Volunteer Fire Department, according to a report by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Shapiro said he had spoken to Comperatore's family and he relayed parts of the conversation to reporters.
"Corey died a hero. Corey dove on his family to protect them last night at this rally," Shapiro said. "Corey was the very best of us."
Comperatore was survived by a wife and two daughters. "Corey was a girl dad," Shapiro said.
Ā 
and Rest In Peace, Ā Richard Simmons.. Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Edited by the chase
add

Don't think we caught this from a few months ago.

spacer.png

BBC Radio DJ Steve Wright, who died Feb 12, hostedĀ shows on BBC Radio 1 and 2 for more than four decades which attracted millions of listeners, and was a long-standing presenter of Top Of The Pops.

Wrightā€™sĀ colleagues hailed the veteran broadcaster as ā€œone of the greatest exponents of the art of radioā€ following the news of his death.

Led Zeppelin singerĀ Robert Plant, who lives in the Wyre Forest area,Ā also paid tribute to the late radio star.

On his official Facebook page, Robert Plant said: "A sad day for UK radio..and..the spirit and fun we enjoyed from the great Steve Wright..he will be greatly missed....."

The broadcaster joined BBC Radio 1 in 1980 to host a Saturday evening show before moving on to hostĀ SteveĀ WrightĀ In The Afternoon a year later until 1993.

WrightĀ then fronted the Radio 1 Breakfast show for a year until 1995, and completed a stint at commercial radio stations before returning to BBC Radio 2 in 1996 to hostĀ SteveĀ Wrightā€™sĀ Saturday Show and Sunday Love Songs.

In 1999, he recreatedĀ SteveĀ WrightĀ In The Afternoon every weekday on Radio 2, with celebrity interviews and entertaining trivia featured in his Factoids segment, before stepping down in September 2022 but he continued to present Sunday Love Songs on BBC Radio 2.

Former BBC Radio 1 host Scott Mills took over the afternoon slot as part of the stationā€™s schedule shake-up.

WrightĀ was made an MBE in the New Year Honours for services to radio.

https://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/news/24122041.led-zeppelins-robert-plant-pays-tribute-steve-wright/

Edited by Zep Hed

R.I.P. Suzie, my neighbor, don't ask me how now, but she had a job where she new a lot of famous people, she would talk about Dale Robertson a lot, but she knew many famous people with the work she did. I would bring up names and she would say that she knew them and she would start talking personally about them about what kind of person they were. She would many times talk shit about them. It was something talking to her. Her parents knew many famous people. R.I.P. Suzie.

Edited by luvlz2