OCD

JLee93

I have a bit of OCD, especially when it comes to my music. I don't like people(that I know personally) to know what I listen to. If they start listening to a band/song I like, I wont listen to that band/song for a long time. If people find out about my music, it's like an itch that won't go away. Anybody else deal with this or anything similar?

I have some weird tendencies. If I touch something with one hand, I typically have to with the other. Like a wall, once with my left, well gotta do it once with my right. Touch it twice with one hand? Same with the other. Shoes have to be the same tightness too.

I have a bit of OCD, especially when it comes to my music. I don't like people(that I know personally) to know what I listen to. If they start listening to a band/song I like, I wont listen to that band/song for a long time. Anybody else deal with this or anything similar?

I do! I also don't like listening to the same music as everyone else. The two most popular genres are the ones I hate the most.

I have a bit of OCD, especially when it comes to my music. I don't like people(that I know personally) to know what I listen to. If they start listening to a band/song I like, I wont listen to that band/song for a long time. Anybody else deal with this or anything similar?

Sounds more like a bad case of Hipster.

Just goofing, LOL.

I have some weird tendencies. If I touch something with one hand, I typically have to with the other. Like a wall, once with my left, well gotta do it once with my right. Touch it twice with one hand? Same with the other. Shoes have to be the same tightness too.

Now this is me.

I've felt for well over 30 years that I have perhaps mild Tourette's (not the cursing, but the OCD aspects).

I definitely have the symmetry compulsion you describe.

This is the oddest thing I remember doing - and I've done it many times, it's just this once I got called out on it, LOL.

Once when I was talking to someone a small droplet of spittle landed on my arm.

Without missing a beat while I was talking, I immediately licked my finger and touched my other arm in the same spot, to create the same cool, wet sensation that the initial drop of spittle had created.

It was practically subconscious for me, I barely realized I had done it, and went right on with whatever I was talking about.

But the guy I was talking to immediately stopped and said, "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT???"

I actually asked what he meant, before I realized he was talking about my almost subconscious action, and I laughed and said, "you wouldn't believe me if I told you."

I then explained as best I could about my particular OC behavior, and we ended up laughing about it.

I go through phases of muscle-clenching - again symmetrical - as well as teeth-grinding.

I also keep track of complex patterns of stepping on or not stepping on sidewalk cracks, sometimes going from one to another.

I also have to open the programs on my computer at work in the same order every morning, or else I don't feel... comfortable. LOL

Outlook - Photoshop - DreamWeaver - FileZilla - IE or Firefox, depending on whether FF is functional (they are taking steps to disable the use of Firefox completely, forcing us to use IE exclusively - brutal, eh?), and finally Windows Media Player.

I think I should stop now, LOL.

OMG I have too many to count. Even numbers are my thing. I actually count syllables and try to speak sentences with only even number of syllables. I agree, I won't even let my boyfriend touch any of my CDs or videos. And we used to vacation in New Orleans together. He went there with one of his friends and now I refuse to go back. Glad to know there are others out there with these compulsions!

Have you ever been formally diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a bit of OCD, especially when it comes to my music. I don't like people(that I know personally) to know what I listen to. If they start listening to a band/song I like, I wont listen to that band/song for a long time. If people find out about my music, it's like an itch that won't go away. Anybody else deal with this or anything similar?

This is not OCD; pm me if you want more info.

As for the replies; well, some of them do sound OCD.

This is not OCD; pm me if you want more info.

As for the replies; well, some of them do sound OCD.

does ocd include being over opinionated? im bipolar so dont even think about it

:^)

I always straighten out folded corners on book pages and paper money.

I have never been diagnosed with OCD or any of the tendencies (and never will be), but I do prefer "new" or "newer" dollar bills over the old, wrinkled and/or ripped up dollar bills. This goes for any denomination of bill, be it, 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 or $100. Even though I know that I am going to spend such bill sometime in the near future, I just prefer to have "NEW" bills in my wallet.

Not sure would call it OCD but when skiing down a double black diamond run I always stop at the top before proceeding down the run and snap both skis 1 time each and touch the top of my ski poles together in triangle like motion.

When playing soccer I always like to jump up and down 3 times before the game starts and tap the sides of my feet together.

Archived