Jimi Hendrix

gperkins151

That's the BEST post you've ever made !!

I finally have found something I could remark about....

Yay !!!! I've had the 'listen to this Eric' version of RAH for a few years now...and it's totally legit quality. It was from a personal copy Eric Burdon had...that was given him ...apparently by Alan Douglas...or someone In Like Flint !

Good news...thanks.....:)

Wow. That's weird. That's a compliment and a slapdown at the same time. You're welcome. :D

I've always wondered how many people who really were at the original Woodstock in '69 claim to this day to have still been in the audience when he finally got onstage. :huh:

Weren't there around 60,000 remaining when he came on Monday morning? Sucks how many people lost out on seeing him...

Is there anyone here who remembers first hearing the news of Jimi's death?? Was it huge news like Elvis's and John Lennon's death? I recently saw an old clip on youtube of a news station announcing his death. And it was barely even 2 minutes long.

Is there anyone here who remembers first hearing the news of Jimi's death?? Was it huge news like Elvis's and John Lennon's death? I recently saw an old clip on youtube of a news station announcing his death. And it was barely even 2 minutes long.

Wasn't alive yet, but I have a Zep boot from the day after he died (9/19/70 show at Madison Square Garden) where Robert addresses the crowd and talks about it onstage.

Big Jimi fan right here. Everyone should check out the new Jimi at Monterey DVD, we all know why the performance is so important, but on top of that there's great documentary parts on the disc, alot of nice little facts.

I'm never gonna find this video am I? :D

From your description it sounds like any one of thousands of dodgy rave/techno vids from the early 90s! :blink:

The guy painting Jimi on the wall. Yep, a seminal moment indeed.

Sweet, I haven't seen the DVD yet but I was hoping they'd include that, it was on the original VHS version of Monterey.

PS Jimi IS God (Eric Who?), Frank Zappa is Jeezus! And Bonzo's the God Of Thunder.

My husband and I are huge Hendrix fans - he much more so than me. I was too young to have gone to either Monterey or Woodstock but love Jimi's performances at both of those festivals. I had read that when he performed "Wild Thing", he had one of his roadies stationed behind the amps to hold them up and prevent them from falling over when he was doing his thing with them. "Red House" is probably my favorite Hendrix song.

We own all of Jimi's albums - both vinyl and CD and have a strange red vinyl album of Jimi live at a NYC club. Because of the language, it's unplayable in front of all but a few people. Beyond what I've seen on video and heard on recordings, Hendrix is harder for me to speak of, though, because I didn't see him perform live during his heyday.

I had read that when he performed "Wild Thing", he had one of his roadies stationed behind the amps to hold them up and prevent them from falling over when he was doing his thing with them. "Red House" is probably my favorite Hendrix song.

This isn't monterey....but .... :D

71vz3u8.jpg

oh and...too bad that noise bothers you in Red House...it's actually part of the Beauty of tube amplifiers...not just the feedback but the crackly noise....you don't find that authenticity in solid state amplifiers...nothing like the warmth and glow of an analog system !!!

I t doesn't bother me one bit during the song, just that last minute. Do you know the sound I am referring to? :huh:

From your description it sounds like any one of thousands of dodgy rave/techno vids from the early 90s! :blink:

No, this was definitely older. The closest thing I can think of to it is that Gnarls Barkley video for Crazy, only it was so much better than that. There are a couple of people on other forums who've seen it too, who say it's definitely Fire by Jimi. I challenge you all to find it...please! :D

Could not find a Jimi thread after doing a few searches. I am very surprised to discover this, as I put him right up there with Zeppelin.

I have been enjoying much of his live stuff lately and would like to ask those of you who have the 4 CD box set "The Jimi Hendrix Experience" (the one with the purple cover) just what you think of it?

It's on sale at a local store (Virgin) for $40.