Candid Plant in the Globe

Chap

Lob a TV! He's right on... why must Zep be associated with the numbnutz "Duuude" portion of the fanbase all the time! They profoundly changed music as we know it on soooo many levels and deserve to be seen as the innovators they were. I like Jack Black's campy approach to everything but Zep is NOT campy. I think that's the only way a high-brow mentality can let in the visceral reaction that they cannot acknowledge lest they lower their view of themselves. Zep is their guilty pleasure.... they miss the point.

Robert Talking about writing Kashmir and the more serious side of the music and band. i would like for them to write a book on something like this. a focus on the music, performing, song writing etc.

i haven't read any of the other books because they seem mostly about the partying and other gossip type stuff.

Sometimes Plant can come off as an arrogant you know what...this is one of those times. I mean really....dissecting and taking shots at person/s who are praising/rewarding you? The tears were genuine and heartfelt which was great, then this psycho analyzing BS that comes out of left field; weird.

Rob seems to be generally embarrassed that he helped create a generation of people who love guitar oriented rock music…Father Plant teaching us the difference between good Zeppelin music and clichéd Zeppelin music all the while pointing his finger at the classroom like the good headmaster he is…His on going retirement party continues…

Sometimes Plant can come off as an arrogant you know what...this is one of those times. I mean really....dissecting and taking shots at person/s who are praising/rewarding you? The tears were genuine and heartfelt which was great, then this psycho analyzing BS that comes out of left field; weird.

i suppose he can come out that way, but i see of it more as teacher giving a stern lesson to his students. I like Jack Black, but I definitely think he could have done a much better job during his "eulogy."

After reading and seeing many of his interviews over the years, this is just another piss take from Robert.

The, "I'd like to throw a TV" comment is obviously a tongue in cheek reference to the raucous hotel days, considering everyone seems more interested in discussing that part of Zep's career instead of their music.

The written word is deceptive as it removes all emotion from the interview and it seems most on here just don't get it unless comments are chock full of emoticons to help decipher people's meanings.

How can one tell if any comments are said with a smile or a frown?

We read into it whatever we want to comprehend.

As for Robert having a retirement party, half his luck.

Funny how it was okay for Page and Plant to reimagine a lot of Zeps songs together and Page to do them with The Black Crowes, but it's not okay for Plant to do it himself?

Talk about double standards.

Now if Page just gets his arse off his laurels and puts something (other than Zep related) out, maybe we could have some more stimulating discourse other than the drivel we've had to endure, post Celebration Day release.

"There's one or two musicians who always kind of keep popping up who generally massacre the songs that they touch".

I could be wrong but I think that Robert was referring to Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins.

Then maybe Robert should call up the capricorns and show those other musicians how its done!!!

i kid i kid...i'll go into my corner now and stay until my time out is over.

Archived