2013-14 NHL SEASON

Strider

Monster of a game tonight. Strider, how do you feel about this? How many have you downed already? I really hope the Kings win. Fuck Quenville and that little shit Kane. Fucking traitor that he is. I hope the Kings run them out of the building

KINGS WIN! KINGS WIN! KINGS WIN! :yay:

post-1470-0-05867200-1401692491_thumb.jp

The Kings seem determined to send me to an early grave. I don't know how many of these overtime thrillers I can handle. Not to mention yet another 7 Game win on the road...three in one playoff season, a NHL record.

Thanks for your enthusiasm Rick. I couldn't join you as I was working today and had to watch the game on tivo later. Both teams looked exhausted and legs spent in the OT. Having home ice advantage for the Cup finals will be a new experience for the Kings after being Road Warriors so far. Game One is Wednesday, and not having to travel should help the Kings recover from the Chicago series.

LET'S GO KINGS!

KINGS WIN! KINGS WIN! KINGS WIN! :yay:

attachicon.gifIMG_20140601_214017.jpg

The Kings seem determined to send me to an early grave. I don't know how many of these overtime thrillers I can handle. Not to mention yet another 7 Game win on the road...three in one playoff season, a NHL record.

Thanks for your enthusiasm Rick. I couldn't join you as I was working today and had to watch the game on tivo later. Both teams looked exhausted and legs spent in the OT. Having home ice advantage for the Cup finals will be a new experience for the Kings after being Road Warriors so far. Game One is Wednesday, and not having to travel should help the Kings recover from the Chicago series.

LET'S GO KINGS!

As I said on another site sometimes being on the road in these games is actually an advantage. I believe the Kings will prevail. But, I do think the Rangers have a huge advantage in game one just like vs Montreal. And I will say why. The Kings just won an emotional 7 game series vs the defending champs in game 7. Now they will get a couple days to rest, and no way can they be right back into it like they were vs Chicago. I mean, the Rangers could catch them napping a little early on. So do not be surprised if the Rangers win game one. The Rangers are an excellent defensive road team. They will have a mental advantage in game one only. So I say the Kings win the Cup but the Rangers just may steal game one.

So Strider, what is it like to have a game start at 5 pm? The West coast times are crazy. It has to mess up people that have to work and are going to the game? The Freeway has to be jammed near the arena? I have not been on the LA freeway since I was 4 yrs old so do not remember it. I do remember Rodondo Beach a little. After my Sabres I always had the Kings and Blues and Canucks as my runner up teams. I like Minnesota too. They are being called the Minnesota Sabres by some. I loved the old uniforms the Kings had. The Gold at home. Just like the Lakers really. Same colors. The Purple road. I wish they would wear them once. I still remember watching Marcel Dionne back in the days when him and Perrault were like caged lightning. Speed to kill. Dionne was not like these Kings. This is a team that is big and built on screening the goalie in front of the net. Plenty of talent yes. But not the finesse of a Dionne. Guys do not stick handle like they used to. You cant do it because the league allows too much physical play at times and it takes away from the skill of the sport.

As for Murray, you talk about a guy that is a marble mouth and sounds like he is brain dead? I do not know how he does it. He does not have the wit and humour of a Lindy Ruff. But he gets the job done. But you have to have the players too. And he has them. So do the Hawks and it could have just as easily gone the other way. Any time a game 7 goes to OT. This happened to Chicago in 1970 vs Montreal. Most will not remember that, Ally will. I was 13 and already a big fan. The Sabres were being born. For lack of a better term along with Vancouver. The Kings and Blues already existed. When Gretsky finally got the Kings to the finals and won game one, I believed they would win then. Montreal stole it with a hot goalie named Roy. The Kings were the better team. Then a couple years back they finally won. It is very hard to win now. So many teams. Free agency bites you as soon as you do win because then the players demand a ton of money. That is why its pretty impressive they got back in two years. Of course they are big market teams. The Sabres likely would not be able to pull this off unless these next two drafts produce great players and they lock them in early.

As for the series vs the Rangers, its going to be tough. The Kings are well aware of what its like going into the snake pit that will be Madison Square Garden. Carter and Richards have been there many times. Some of the younger guys have not and must be ready for one of the most hostile crowds in sports. And yes, they have a better cheer than the Kings. I say the Rangers and Sabres have the best cheers by fans. When they score you will hear it. But I still think "Lets Go Buff a Lo " is the best. When 20,000 are yelling it at the same time. I will pick the Kings in 6. Just too much experience. Lundquist is playing better than Quick. That could be a concern but both defenses are great.

So Go Kings, yes I want the Kings, all the way. Do not hate the Rangers like I do Montreal and Philly and Ottawa.

You bet I'm ready! And thanks to a very dear friend, I'm going to Game One Wednesday night!!!

LA vs. NY have met many times in the NBA and MLB championships but this will be the first ever Stanley Cup Championship featuring the two biggest cities and media markets of North America. Shall we have a friendly wager?

You bet I'm ready! And thanks to a very dear friend, I'm going to Game One Wednesday night!!!

LA vs. NY have met many times in the NBA and MLB championships but this will be the first ever Stanley Cup Championship featuring the two biggest cities and media markets of North America. Shall we have a friendly wager?

I like the Kings to win this in 6. But I am picking the Rangers to ruin Strider' night and win game one. I believe the Rangers have a distinct advantage in game one. The Kiings just fought off a monster in Chicago to get there. It took alot out of them. Rangers have Lundquist rested and I believe they may steal game one and "wake the Kings up". The kings are deeper. The West i deeper. The Rangers are not without hope because they have a great goalie and defense. I just think the Kings have too much in the end. But anything could happen. So I will pick the Rangers to win game one and the Kings to come back and beat them in 6

Carcillo gets his suspension dropped from 10 games to 6 games. He'll be back for game 4.

MSG has a good preview show that's on tonight,it will be repeated all night long. ...then starting tomorrow live pre and post game, also live shows on the off nights as well.

Strider what channel should I look for to get the Kings coverage, Fox Sports ?

Al Tradwick is intervening Al Michaels who's been a huge Kings fan since Gretz got there....but as a kid he grew up a Rangers fan.

Hockey rules!

I have a feeling Rangers may steal game one. But do you really believe they can beat the Kings in a 7? I do not. Unless Lundquist stands on his head and at the same time, Quick plays poorly. CBS is covering the games nationally so I would say they have exclusive rights.

^^^

Don't you mean NBC Rick?

Zepscoda, Fox Sports West 1 and 2 carry most of the regular season games, so I think 693 or 694 is the Direct TV channel for local Kings coverage.

I don't know how old you are, zepscoda, but the last time the Kings played the Rangers in the playoffs, THIS happened:

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80390052/

I was in Army boot camp at the time so I missed the entire season...Kings and Lakers. This was back when the NHL still had the Campbell and Prince of Wales Conferences and teams were seeded 1-16 for the playoffs. That's how you would get an east coast team like New York playing the west coast LA Kings in the first round.

As for our friendly wager...how about one of the next batch of Zeppelin Box Set releases?

Im soon to be 45......on the wager, I was thinking more around a tee shirt price range.....rumors have it that Quick hurt his collarbone during yesterday's practice. Whats the word out there?

I pulled out my lucky Luc Robitaille Rangers jersey for tonights occasion ....... I'm starting to feel the nerves.

Rangers must take one of these two games in LA, if they have a chance to take this series.....My prediction. .....RANGERS IN 6

post-841-0-41860200-1401919541_thumb.jpg

Hey zepscoda! My phone gets spotty reception here so I'll be brief.

T-shirt is fine by me for our wager. Quick is obviously ok as you can see after his practice mishap. Rangers definitely look fresher, faster put of the gate. But it's even now...should be a great final period.

Just my luck...LOUD Ranger fan wearing a Beukeboom sweater sitting behind me. :P

LET'S GO KINGS!!!

Hey zepscoda! My phone gets spotty reception here so I'll be brief.

T-shirt is fine by me for our wager. Quick is obviously ok as you can see after his practice mishap. Rangers definitely look fresher, faster put of the gate. But it's even now...should be a great final period.

Just my luck...LOUD Ranger fan wearing a Beukeboom sweater sitting behind me. :P

LET'S GO KINGS!!!

Wait...aren't all Rangers fans loud? :D

Archived