2013-14 NHL SEASON

Strider

So Strider, what are the LA papers like these days? Did you ever think you would live to see a time when the Kings were better than the Lakers? It took about 40 years. And it likely will not last more than 3 or 4 years if that.

Any Jack Nicholson sightings at a Kings game?

So Strider, what are the LA papers like these days? Did you ever think you would live to see a time when the Kings were better than the Lakers? It took about 40 years. And it likely will not last more than 3 or 4 years if that.

Any Jack Nicholson sightings at a Kings game?

Never seen Jack at a Kings game. Have seen Sylvester Stallone, Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson, and Tom Cruise.

Win or lose, the Lakers always get more coverage in the press than the Clippers or Kings. That's just the way the pecking order is among the local teams...as follows:

Lakers

Dodgers

USC football/UCLA basketball

Clippers

Angels

Kings

UCLA football/USC basketball

Ducks

Galaxy/soccer

Santa Anita/horse racing

Let's see, the Canucks look terrible and lose to Dallas, the next night, they comeback from 2 goals down and beat Chicago in Chicago ! Me thinks Torts will have torn out all of his hair by seasons end :dont:

Never seen Jack at a Kings game. Have seen Sylvester Stallone, Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson, and Tom Cruise.

Win or lose, the Lakers always get more coverage in the press than the Clippers or Kings. That's just the way the pecking order is among the local teams...as follows:

Lakers

Dodgers

USC football/UCLA basketball

Clippers

Angels

Kings

UCLA football/USC basketball

Ducks

Galaxy/soccer

Santa Anita/horse racing

Unless you are Al Michaels, who has Santa Anita at the top I am sure. Yes Ally this Vancouver team is strange. And so is the entire damn season. I cant wait until its over and my boys can start cashing in those 17 first and second round picks they have coming.

Unless you are Al Michaels, who has Santa Anita at the top I am sure. Yes Ally this Vancouver team is strange. And so is the entire damn season. I cant wait until its over and my boys can start cashing in those 17 first and second round picks they have coming.

Well. a lot of this season in the west has been predictable ie Hawks, Kings, Blues , Sharks but I'm totally dumb founded when it come's to the Canucks. Not that I expect them to even make the playoffs but this horrible one night and then world beater the next act they're putting on just doesn't sit well with me. Can't blame Torts for that. It's the players and I'm thinking that we could be in major off loading mode fairly soon

Well. a lot of this season in the west has been predictable ie Hawks, Kings, Blues , Sharks but I'm totally dumb founded when it come's to the Canucks. Not that I expect them to even make the playoffs but this horrible one night and then world beater the next act they're putting on just doesn't sit well with me. Can't blame Torts for that. It's the players and I'm thinking that we could be in major off loading mode fairly soon

Ally, I havent watched that much of the Canucks this season, has torts got them blocking more shots than they have in the past ? The one thing I noticed w/ the Rangers, is that it took a toll on their bodies, later in the season and in the post season it showed.

You certainly are going to be in the playoffs. I mean, I have to go look but I think you are pretty much in are you not? Vancouver is a dangerous team. They have a battle tested goalie in Luongo. The Sedin's have to dig in and play great and so does Kesler. Higgins is great. You guys are not without a shot. I just think the others you mention are a touch better right now. I would love to see the Blues or Canucks win it. I do not want the Sharks to win one just yet, because in my mind the Sabres deserve to win one before they do. We have been around and had alot of great teams. With these 17 number one and two picks, we should be able to make a real big run within 3-4 years. Maybe even 2 if they handle things correctly. I am hoping Wayne Gretsky gets the nod for GM.

Ally, I havent watched that much of the Canucks this season, has torts got them blocking more shots than they have in the past ? The one thing I noticed w/ the Rangers, is that it took a toll on their bodies, later in the season and in the post season it showed.

Yes he has ! It's something we should have been doing a lot more of during the last two playoff years but I agree with you, too much of it during the regular season will eventually start taking a toll.

You certainly are going to be in the playoffs. I mean, I have to go look but I think you are pretty much in are you not? Vancouver is a dangerous team. They have a battle tested goalie in Luongo. The Sedin's have to dig in and play great and so does Kesler. Higgins is great. You guys are not without a shot. I just think the others you mention are a touch better right now. I would love to see the Blues or Canucks win it. I do not want the Sharks to win one just yet, because in my mind the Sabres deserve to win one before they do. We have been around and had alot of great teams. With these 17 number one and two picks, we should be able to make a real big run within 3-4 years. Maybe even 2 if they handle things correctly. I am hoping Wayne Gretsky gets the nod for GM.

As it stands, we're presently hanging on to a wild card spot so I wouldn't say we're a lock for a playoff spot at all. Luongo suffered an undisclosed " lower body injury " against the Jets on Sunday so if he's out indefinitely, it'll remain to be seen if our back up Eddie Lack can shoulder the burden.

As it stands, we're presently hanging on to a wild card spot so I wouldn't say we're a lock for a playoff spot at all. Luongo suffered an undisclosed " lower body injury " against the Jets on Sunday so if he's out indefinitely, it'll remain to be seen if our back up Eddie Lack can shoulder the burden.

OUCH. Huge loss. Did anyone see Buffalo's winning goal last night? It made national news. The Phoenix goalie wound up with the puck in the back of his pants after it was in mid air in OT. He then skated into his own net and the Sabres were awarded the win. About the only way we can win these days. Tick tock. Cannot wait to cash in those 17 number one and two picks.

It's about 15 degrees out, and I'm sitting on the couch watching 20,000 people sitting outside at Comerica Park watching a reunion game between the Red Wings & the Maple Leafs. That's insane !!

It looks cold out there. Great to see Domi and Tucker back on the ice.

Edit : McCabe ties it up !

What say ye about the snub of Bobby Ryan?

Here some good analysis, and they made a good point on the perception on being snubbed, it's not about putting all the best players out there, ie an all star team, but it's about putting the best collection of talent that will work together as a team.

Here some good analysis, and they made a good point on the perception on being snubbed, it's not about putting all the best players out there, ie an all star team, but it's about putting the best collection of talent that will work together as a team.

To me their take is insignificant. They do not justify it and the dude on the far right says he should have been picked. But you cannot make everyone happy and Team Canada likely has more complaints as they have more depth. Not as in the past when we could not even come close to their talent level, but still, they do have more quality players and probably always will

What say ye about the snub of Bobby Ryan?

I was very surprised he wasn't named to the squad and Burke was way out of line with his degrading comments as to why. Like Ryan said " just cut me ".

I think your boys will win tonight.

We're not quite at at he Kings level Rick. I think we can be but, we're also very close to the last hurrah with the core of this group. I'm sure the Canuck ney sayer's will be happy about that but I still feel, providing we're healthy come the end of the regular season, we've got the body's to get it done in the playoff's. Personally, I'd be happy if one of the Sedin's stuffed his fist down Brad Marchant's throat but hey, that's just me ! Call me bitter :lol:

We're not quite at at he Kings level Rick. I think we can be but, we're also very close to the last hurrah with the core of this group. I'm sure the Canuck ney sayer's will be happy about that but I still feel, providing we're healthy come the end of the regular season, we've got the body's to get it done in the playoff's. Personally, I'd be happy if one of the Sedin's stuffed his fist down Brad Marchant's throat but hey, that's just me ! Call me bitter :lol:

I thought Vancouver would be better on offense. How about Miller with another big game. USA will have the best goalie

Archived