Is there a 09/19/1970 Soundboard out there ?

mickey g

Is that the 2 show gig in NYC? A SB of that evening's show would be pretty killer. 1970 is prob my fav year of shows.

evening show? hell, i'd take either one! they are both LZ at their early peak! (and imo they only had one early peak and one latter peak, LA 77)

^^^

I had a feeling which is why I didn't allow myself to get excited. A tape like that wouldn't be offered on e-bay or public channels, in my opinion. It would be strictly hush-hush thru covert secret operations. Like a Freezer caper.

But, yeah...if either the afternoon or evening show of 9/19/70 came out in Soundboard, I would declare a Worldwide Zeppelin Holiday!!! Especially the evening show.

It was my first Zeppelin concert. I sat two rows right behind Jimmy's amps.

I would like to know if it's better sound quality than "One More for the Road" or the other boots. Then, maybe I'd be tempted to blow the $45 on it.

I have three versions of the 9/19/70 evening show and they all sound pretty smilar in quality. There is only so much you can do to the tape in the state it was in after sitting in a closet for 30 years.

1. "Requiem"

2. "One More For the Road"

3. "Silently Praying for Jimi"

I have three versions of the 9/19/70 evening show and they all sound pretty smilar in quality. There is only so much you can do to the tape in the state it was in after sitting in a closet for 30 years.

1. "Requiem"

Technically, Silently Praying for Jimi is the title EVSD gave to the afternoon show.

I can tell you that one more for the road is really pretty good. I enjoyed it a lot esp the WLL Medley & the acoustic set.

Yep, I had it crankin' yesterday. It seemed to get better as it went on, but I'm sure the 9 Hoegaardens & a fattie helped.

^^^

I had a feeling which is why I didn't allow myself to get excited. A tape like that wouldn't be offered on e-bay or public channels, in my opinion. It would be strictly hush-hush thru covert secret operations. Like a Freezer caper.

But, yeah...if either the afternoon or evening show of 9/19/70 came out in Soundboard, I would declare a Worldwide Zeppelin Holiday!!! Especially the evening show.

actually, I have seen tapes of this magnitude go on sites like ebay, but usually it is because the people want it to go to the copyright holder. They would put it online, for example, as "two reels that say LZ 19/9/70" sold as is, and I don't know whats it contains.

very rare though

• 2 months later...

1. "Requiem"

I have the Eddie Edwards version called, 'Born To Please'. He also combined two sources for the afternoon show to make it as complete as possible and called 'A Bit Frightening'.

Archived