2013-14 NFL Playoff Predictions thread....

paul carruthers

Time for my sheer winning picks for this week.

Stick with me, retire early, take long walks on the beach, or in the park, with your sig other or a relative, or your pet.

New Orleans- no need for my commentary yet.

New England- Brady is as cool as they come, has great hair, and has emaciated super-models open up to him.

San Fran- picturing Cam in the Heimlich due to severe choking.

San Diego- Rivers is a Bama boy, who played high school ball in Athens, home of Alabama Shakes. Plus, Rivers has like 20-30 kids, all from the same woman I believe. So he's got a lotta mouths to feed.

Note to Paul: Above picks subject to change.

^^ I picked Carolina at home.

You may be the only one. They are not getting much respect. In Vegas yesterday the line dropped to 1 1/2 and now its back to SF-3. So big money is going down on SF. It could be an under game as both defense's are highly ranked and its 42 on the O/U. The NE/Indy game is 53 and the Denver game is 55!. How in the world can NE or Indy stop each other's offense? Only the weather can be a player in that. Denver's D gets no respect either obviously given such a high O/U. I think San Diego has a better D than Denver but Denver's offense is so good it may not matter. Indy has been a very difficult team to gauge all year. They looked like world beaters shocking the world by going into SF early on and just killing them. Then they seemed to fall apart. I guess we expect a shootout between Brady and Luck? To me the biggest question of the day is Carolina's offense vs SF's defense?

Weather could be a factor in the New England game. If it's extremely cold, I would expect a low scoring game, barring that I could also see a game where Luck and Brady are dueling it out threw the air.

Denver & more importantly, Peyton Manning have to win Sunday. And Carolina, don't know what to say about them except I expect them to win, but whoever wins that game, I could see either team rolling up into Seattle and winning, provided of course that the Hawks beat dem Saints...

Carolina vs. SanFran is a toughie.....but as a general rule I stay away from playoff virgin qbs, so San Fran it is.

Luck is still lucky, and Brady looks a bit long in the tooth to me these days. I go with a changing of the guard and take Indy.

Seattle beats the snot out of N.O. again.

Manning and the Broncos squeek by San Diego.

I picked Carolina at home as well. I just think San Fran is overrated, but we'll see.

Supposed to be sort of warm (25-35F at kickoff) but potentially very rainy at New England Sat night.

I have to think Manning is unbeatable, but I've employed that logic before and it didn't work so good for me...

^^ Is that your final answer?

I think so. But that San Fran vs Carolina game to me looks like a trap. logic tells me to take San Fran. But I think its Seattle's year and everything will fall into place for them

Could not help but see the poster above me picked San Diego and went the other way on all four games. I think he is the only one that picked San Diego? We know anything can happen in any of these games. But I would be very surprised to see two home teams with a top seed coming off a bye, both losing. That being Seattle and Denver. I would be very surprised if they both lost. I picked them to both win. If one of them goes down, I would pick Denver before Seattle. Even though the Saints are probably better than the Chargers. The Chargers won there a few weeks ago, but Denver had little reason to be up for that game and San Diego was playing for their lives. New Orleans was pummeled, so likely it won't be as ugly this time. But beating them will take a huge effort. Indy is getting 7. Not much respect. And ask yourself what weapons New England really has compared to past years? Only problem is their defense pretty much stinks. Indy i mean.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Well, since one half of my early season Super Bowl prediction went down (the Packers), I find myself rooting for the Broncos to at least make it to the Super Bowl, and if they actually win it that would be nice too. At least then some of the Peyton Manning critics would be silenced for awhile.

It's as if having only one Super Bowl ring is a crime. Ask somebody like Dan Marino or Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly how much they would love to have only one ring...

Edited by paul carruthers

Well, since one half of my early season Super Bowl prediction went down (the Packers), I find myself rooting for the Broncos to at least make it to the Super Bowl, and if they actually win it that would be nice too. At least then some of the Peyton Manning critics would be silenced for awhile.

It's as if having only one Super Bowl ring is a crime. Ask somebody like Dan Marino or Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly how much they would love to have only one ring...

Totally agree with this. Peyton is easily one of the two or three best players the NFL has ever had.