2013-14 NFL Playoff Predictions thread....

paul carruthers

Congratulations? Condolences are more like it. What would possess Nick Saban to taint his staff with that carpetbagging charlatan? :o Unbelievable. :bagoverhead:

Ok...I think I am ready.

New England

Seattle

I am nervous because those are the same picks as jabe and he's been terrible so far, hehe. No offense, jabe.

None taken, Strider.

I swear I had to ask my wife at least three times, "Did Alabama really hire Kiffin, or is that just media fluff?"

I do appreciate your condolences, and am expecting your sympathy card to reach me within a day or two.

On to the topic at hand. I see Brady lighting it up with the forward pass. But for the life of me, I don't remember how capable NE's defense is.

I'm going with Seattle because potted makes sense to me when she posts about Seattle.

^^^

Seattle's defense, Marshawn Lynch, and the 12th Man are as good a reasons as any for liking Seattle over San Francisco. Not sure where we'll be watching the game this week, but here I am with friends watching Seattle's victory over the Saints at Jameson's Irish Pub.

post-1470-0-13289500-1389771953_thumb.jp

My friend is a rabid Seattle fan.

post-1470-0-23638200-1389772066_thumb.jp

^^^

Seattle's defense, Marshawn Lynch, and the 12th Man are as good a reasons as any for liking Seattle over San Francisco. Not sure where we'll be watching the game this week, but here I am with friends watching Seattle's victory over the Saints at Jameson's Irish Pub.

And the Saints played them pretty damned tough in that crap weather. :)

^^^

attachicon.gifIMG_6123.jpg

My friend is a rabid Seattle fan.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140111_140916.jpg

What the hell are you drinking there STrider? A bloody mary?

Strider-man: your godson is adorable.

Awwww, that's so sweet of you to say. You're adorable.

Asking himself why you are drinking at 8 AM lOL

Why would you think I was drinking at 8am? We were watching the Seahawks game, which began at 1pm. That photo was taken sometime around halftime, I think.

LeGarrette Blount. Knowshon Moreno.

Remember those names. For I think it will be those two running backs who will have a large say in whether the more famous names of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning win on Sunday.

History has shown that both quarterbacks have struggled in the playoffs when faced against physical defenses that were able to ignore the run and apply pressure and throw the quarterbacks around like rag dolls. If Brady and Manning are going to have any success at all, they are going to need their running backs to have an impact on the game. Run for positive yardage, consistently pick up those 3rd and twos, 3rd and ones.

If they can do that, that sets up the play-action to be so much more effective. Instead of Belichick and Del Rio being able to dial up a multitude of blitzes to storm the quarterback, every play-action fake will freeze the linebackers just enough to allow Brady and Manning that extra second or two to find the open receiver.

So when you're watching the game Sunday, pay special attention to Blount and Moreno. Whoever is having the better game, chances are his quarterback and team are doing better, too.

The Denver-New England game is so hard to call...I know I picked New England but I've been thinking about changing my pick to Denver all week. The Mile High altitude advantage, the Manning revenge factor, the endless injuries on the Patriot's defensive side...no Vince Wolfork, no Brandon Spikes, no etc., etc.

Either way, it should be a helluva game.

It may not even be Blount, maybe Vereen, or Ridley, etc. The have about a four-headed running back monster with Blount starring last week. This week it could very well be one of the others. Denver's defense is hurting too, losing Miller and then the def. back they lost last week. I think both games are a toss up.

Archived