February 1st, 1975- March 27th, 1975

May 17th, 1975-May 25th, 1975

April 1st, 1977-July 24th, 1977

July 23rd, 1979-August 11th, 1979

June 17th, 1980-July 7th, 1980

Main Entry: era

Pronunciation: \er-, e-r, ir-\

Function: noun

Etymology: Late Latin aera, from Latin, counters, plural of aer-, aes copper, money more at ORE

Date: 1615

1 a: a fixed point in time from which a series of years is reckoned b: a memorable or important date or event ; especially, one that begins a new period in the history of a person or thing

2: a system of chronological notation computed from a given date as basis

3 ab: a period identified by some prominent figure or characteristic feature <the era of the horse and buggy> b: a stage in development (as of a person or thing) c: a large division of geologic time usually shorter than an eon <Paleozoic era>

© 2014 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

My understanding of "era" is different than yours, so I can't really use your list, as they are all too short.

My favourite Led Zeppelin era is what I fondly call the 'Bearded Era'...that period from roughly the 1970 Summer tour to the 1972 Australian/New Zealand tour. Every show is a powerhouse!

Etymology: Late Latin aera, from Latin, counters, plural of aer-, aes copper, money more at ORE

1 a: a fixed point in time from which a series of years is reckoned b: a memorable or important date or event ; especially, one that begins a new period in the history of a person or thing

3 ab: a period identified by some prominent figure or characteristic feature <the era of the horse and buggy> b: a stage in development (as of a person or thing) c: a large division of geologic time usually shorter than an eon <Paleozoic era>

My understanding of "era" is different than yours, so I can't really use your list, as they are all too short.

Agreed. My favorite era was from 1969-1980.

Edited by The Dark Lord

Guest Shenouda5252@gmail.com

My favourite Led Zeppelin era is what I fondly call the 'Bearded Era'...that period from roughly the 1970 Summer tour to the 1972 Australian/New Zealand tour. Every show is a powerhouse!

so you like all the shows that they opened with immigrant song

Guest Shenouda5252@gmail.com

Personally I'm going with the '79 era because even though they butchered some of the songs like over the hills and far away and celebration day, they played a very big setlist and a lot of the songs are very well done like Kashmir and in the evening

77 for me. Long sets, long shows, big songs, big (record breaking) crowds, and four guys standing as one to make it all worthwhile. Plus the visual appeal is great as well, what with a great light show, dragon suits here and stormtroopers there, and the musical chops to back it up.

For me it's 1969 - 1975. I LOVE all of it but the 1968 sets are a kin to a child learning how to walk. You LOVE them unconditionally - but as they grow up, learn to walk, & walk don't run they do! They also develop a personality. And its the persona between 1969 & 1975 that I just love. They seem to be really happy & really enjoying it just look/listen to the WLL medleys during this time frame. They were unstoppable - nothing could touch them.

I'd say 75-77, and if I had to be more specific, then it's the U.S. '75 tour, even though I dig the Earl's Court shows.

Why? Setlist, and, the quality of the soundboards from '75 and '77--my primary connection to those days. For whatever reason (maybe one of y'all know), the '73 boards just don't have a rich, full, warm sound.

The longer medley versions of WLL have their place, but I'd gladly trade it for live performances of Kashmir, Achilles, No Quarter and Ten Years Gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Plant and Page

Got to say 1970 to 1972. Loved the immagrant song, acoustic sets, great WWL medleys plus the sound Jimmy playing and Plants voice where peaking.

Bonham and Jones

1973 TO 1977

The rythem section was a force as the band became a blotted Super group.