2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

^^ I wouldn't go so far as to say F Jeter--he's one of the few Yankees I can respect... having said that, a Yankees free postseason is my kind of playoffs. Now if only we could find a way to keep the Cards out in the NL--but's that a different issue entirely...

:D

LOL. The King is gonna read that ya know. They had lost 3 st but appear on their way to a win tonight. What a joke that division is. Has Oakland fallen apart or what? I am watching as Cano just hit one out and Seattle is up on them as I type this. As for Jeter, I always liked and respected him and the same for Girardi. As for the rest of them, fuck em. Hate the team with a passion. But I like Jeter and he should get a respectful sendoff on Sunday night assuming he plays. We are at 5 for a magic number. We should have this division clinched perhaps as early as Tuesday? So then we are going to have a dozen or more games to play before the post season Will have to watch the one off wild card game. I am wondering if Seattle gets in, do we get them if they win the one off since Anaheim is in their division? Or would we get either Detroit or KC? My feeling is I wish we would get Oakland. But I am not so sure they are going to be around. I do not think Seattle or KC have much hitting. Detroit is far scarier as they have been there and have the starting pitching. What they lack is a bullpen. Its a pig pen. Led by Joba. All he needs is a set of tusks and a curly tail. Strider, when is your team going to stop playing little league teams? Oh, Monday. Buck has to keep our boys sharp and figure out how he wants to approach these playoffs with Chris out until the ALCS. Or the Series. Gotta love the depth we have. And the bullpen. Tommy Hunter does scare me a bit at times. Like tonight on that stupid play when he threw his glove and the ball to God knows where?

Ha, Donaldson just dropped a tough pop fly in left field. Turkeys. 2-0 Mariners

Giants have jumped on the Dodgers early 4-0

Edited by LedZeppfan77

This :D

Duly noted. ;) That was a nice double-header sweep of the Yankees by your merle noir.

Rick, who you calling "Little League"? Up until tonight the Houston Astros gave the Angels all they could handle all season. :lol: I'm worried the Angels are using up all their runs and won't have anything left for the playoffs.

I guess I'm in the minority in wanting to see Jeter in the playoffs one last time.

Duly noted. ;) That was a nice double-header sweep of the Yankees by your merle noir.

Rick, who you calling "Little League"? Up until tonight the Houston Astros gave the Angels all they could handle all season. :lol: I'm worried the Angels are using up all their runs and won't have anything left for the playoffs.

I guess I'm in the minority in wanting to see Jeter in the playoffs one last time.

We will give him the red carpet treatment tomorrow night and show him the door. No playoffs for Yankees. You can take that to the bank

Chis Davis is in the wrong sport. If he was playing football he would not be getting the fucking book thrown at him. Its all bullshit I tell you. We will kick ass without him until he returns. And he should be able to take that shit on the record. If he has ADD for Fucks sake how can they do this shit? I am disgusted

Anytime someone gets popped for amphetamines it's always "I have ADD". It would already be on the record and certains limits in the test would be allowed. He obviously exceeded the limits.

Glad there is so much love for my Yankees around here! :P

Anytime someone gets popped for amphetamines it's always "I have ADD". It would already be on the record and certains limits in the test would be allowed. He obviously exceeded the limits.

Glad there is so much love for my Yankees around here! :P

Those bitches are dead and stinkin. NO CHANCE OF GETTING IN. NADA. IS IT SINKING IN?

Oh man, the Giants are only one game back. Hopefully, the L.A. Bums will choke in the end. :)

Well right now they are choking the Giants. 4 runs top of first and tomorrow you guys are looking down a barrel named Kershaw. Good luck with that.

6-0 Dodgers

8-0

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Dodgers 13 Midgets 0

Kershaw on deck!!!! Have fun with that SF :hysterical:

How weird is that? Both losing teams shut out...Dodgers last night and the Giants tonight. Rubber match tomorrow and, as Rick said, with Kershaw on the mound, you gotta like the Dodgers' chances.

Meanwhile, the Sunday ESPN game will be the Jeter love-fest at Camden Yards. I bet the NFL game on NBC still outdraws it in the ratings.

17-zip. Was that batting practice?

The Dodgers still haven't run away with it.

No but beating Kershaw is a tough thing to do. So if Kershaw does win, what does that make it? 3? I have to look. Been too busy watching the Orioles. And seeing how this wild card unfolds. KC finally solves Boston. Seattle blows it vs Oakland and get Lester tonight. Seattle is losing some big games. As was KC. I think Vargas will beat Boston today. A half game behind a Tigers team that has Verlander going against a desperate bunch of Injuns today. I am hoping Tillman is on tonight so we can wrap this up by maybe Tues night?

Wow, an 11 game lead for the Angels. Never thought I would be saying this at the beginning of the year, but... Mike Scioscia for AL Manager of the Year? Not that I'm forgetting Buck Showalter, Rick... ;)

When you play Houston and Texas for three weeks in a row its pretty damn easy. Beating the Yankees and Tampa is far more difficult. I do not care what the records say

There is no way on Earth from what I have seen that I would play Kellie Johnson over Paredes at 3rd base. No way. Parades is better with the bat all day. I dont know why he is not in now. Hardy hits a double and Johnson has to be on deck. Stirkes out as I figured he would. Maybe by the playoffs Buck will figure it out

There is no way on Earth from what I have seen that I would play Kellie Johnson over Paredes at 3rd base. No way. Parades is better with the bat all day. I dont know why he is not in now. Hardy hits a double and Johnson has to be on deck. Stirkes out as I figured he would. Maybe by the playoffs Buck will figure it out

Well...it kinda worked out in the end. I was thinking about you, Rick, when Johnson saved the day. :D

Lovely night at the ballpark.

Edited by ebk

Those bitches are dead and stinkin. NO CHANCE OF GETTING IN. NADA. IS IT SINKING IN?

I certainly can deal with the Yankees not making the playoffs this year. Actually I'll be glad if they don't - then they will be more inclined to work their farm system or "stock the shelves" via free agency. Better days are ahead, that's for sure.

I mean if you can wait for over 30 years just to make it back to the World Series, I can wait until next season to make the playoffs again and have a run at our 28th World Championship! :yesnod: