2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

F'in Joesph Randle can hold onto underwear and cologne but not the f'in football! 3-0 Foreskins after 1....

And after a great run another stupid play and a fumble on Wash 5 yd line. He has to learn to just go down. I still think Dallas will clean their clocks

Dez - mother fuckin' - Bryant! 7-3 'boys!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

My patience is wearing thin. My I pad needs a new chord as I found it fried last night. So I cant follow this in bed on my I pad. Its killing me to watch it anyway. I will just hope Dallas takes care of them. And by more than 10. Good luck. If I did not have to see Dr early I would stay up. Maybe I will bring them luck by retiring. Damn this Washington

Like I said - bring Weeden back in! Looks like we're heading to OT!

Whereupon Dallas promptly blew it. This game is precisely why I didn't get so excited about Dallas' 6-1 start. That was some shitty play-calling by the Dallas coaches. Let alone letting Romo come back in to try to play hero when that Weeden kid was doing fine...by handing the ball to Murray.

Nope, as soon as Romo came back all the old bad habits started surfacing again. Murray runs for 8 yards on the first play of Dallas' first possession of overtime and then is forgotten as three straight pass plays are called...and fail each time. Typical Romo-Garrett -era bullshit loss. If I was Walter, I'd be sick right now.

Divisional games always seem to be tough, no matter what the records are--so the Skins going in and beating Dallas shouldn't be a "shook up the world" moment. I have to think that Cowboys bandwagon is still overflowing--at least until next week, when the Cards come to town.

Bruce Arians may be the best coach in football & the Cards overall, may be the most underrated 6-1 football team. They certainly don't get half the publicity for that record that the Boys were getting....

Whereupon Dallas promptly blew it. This game is precisely why I didn't get so excited about Dallas' 6-1 start. That was some shitty play-calling by the Dallas coaches. Let alone letting Romo come back in to try to play hero when that Weeden kid was doing fine...by handing the ball to Murray.

Nope, as soon as Romo came back all the old bad habits started surfacing again. Murray runs for 8 yards on the first play of Dallas' first possession of overtime and then is forgotten as three straight pass plays are called...and fail each time. Typical Romo-Garrett -era bullshit loss. If I was Walter, I'd be sick right now.

Oh believe me I was - but I could see it happening as soon as Jerrah showed up on the sidelines whispering in Garrett's ear. Next thing you know, Romo is pleading with the doctors and coaches, Garrett looks Kabookied out on the sideline, and the rest is history.

That's what I've been saying, it's not even November yet....

I just looked at the Week 9 schedule--Strider's Raiders have to go to Seattle; wonder what the line will be on that game?

Its 15. And I am one of 16,000 still alive in Eliminator. Over 21,000 bit the dust over the weekend and I think Dallas fried alot of them. I can take Seattle, or KC or Cincy this week. All look easy. But this is the NFL as last night reminded us. I just cannot see the Raiders winning the game at Seattle. This is the last game Seattle has that is in the "cinch" category. All remaining games are a pure bitch. Just look. So I am leaning toward Seattle or KC this week. KC is 10 over the Jets

If there was ever a cinch pick this week, I think it would be the Bengals at home vs. the Jags....

Better than Seattle over the Raiders? Or KC over the Jets? All 3 should win. But Dallas should have won last night. Even though as I stated before the game, Washington always gives them trouble. So now I have to make a decision. I can see the Jaguars pulling an upset using defense. Lets not forget the stinkers Cincy put up in the weeks before. I cannot forgive them so easily. Seattle MUST win this game or they can hang it up. They escaped on the road vs a Carolina team that is tougher than people give them credit for. Last year their defense was ranked number one on paper. I have to take one of the three though for sure. Leaning toward Seattle because looking ahead, I cannot feel good taking them again. I am not taking them against Arizona or KC or SF. No way. Seattle should be safe as 15 pt favorites at home

Trust me paul and Rick. Ain't no way the Raiders go into Seattle and beat the Seahawks. Lock of the week.

Thanks for that Sean. Gee. I think I have heard that a few times over the last 40 yrs. The first time being 1969 when the Colts played the Jets in SB III. My late old man rubbing my nose in it. I got pay back in SB V when the Colts beat Dallas. I liked those old Colts with Unitas. When they were Baltimore. And the LA Rams, who I really wanted to beat Pittsburgh in that game with Ferragamo.

Seatle it is. I think. hard to pass up KC over the Jets

Who's starting that game for the Jets--not that it matters much, Rex Ryan is the definition of "lame duck" coach and Geno or Vick probably not inspiring confidence in Jets nation. Of course, seeing the Jets down in the dumps just tickles me pink... ^_^

Me too. Its Vick for sure. Now he has a full week. He did come off the bench and got me nervous. All those runs. But Swartz made adjustments at half time and stopped them cold. I am really impressed with the former Lions coach

I did not want to post a comment in the picks thread and interfere. But go take a look at the first three pickers. Paul, Myself and Mack all pick Carolina. Now I feel I am sticking my neck out on that one. But it seems people are not giving New Orleans much respect and especially after the drubbing they put on Green Bay. We may be crazy, all three of us. . My guess is the next batter up will pick the Saints. That is a tough one to figure. Carolina has proven they are pretty good on defense. I am also wondering if the Jets will surprise us an put up a fight or even better in KC? Personally, I feel KC will murder them. And then we have two 5-3 teams, my Bills and the Chiefs set up for a real good game in Buffalo the next week. Its been a while since we were feeling this way at the midway mark. I feel we have a real shot. I am going to call soon and talk to that local radio pain in my ass and rub his fucking nose in the fact he picked the Bills to win 5 games. Well. They have won 5. And now have half a season left. I am going to light him up like a Xmas tree before he hangs up on me. He kicked one guy off, supposedly for a racist comment? that is what I hear, I was in the Big Apple when it occured. But the guy he did not like. Its because like me, I have an ounce of common sense at times and now what I am talking about to a degree. Some may argue with that like Strider. LOL. But these Bills are making us want to shout again. And I am gonna shout. You may all remember Fred Smerlas? Linebacker from the 70'a and 80's for the Bills before he ended his career as a Patriot. He now makes his home in New england and has a restaurant on Rhode Island, and calls into the show every Thurs night. I talked to him briefly last week. I never really liked him after he left football. He mixes political discussions in his sports talk and I do not like that. He is far right wing. As far right as you can go

Archived