2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

I keep reading these relentless little rumors that NE is toying with trading Brady to Houston for a 1st round pick and a receiver. It makes a decent amount of sense, seeing as Brady is 37 and likely has a small amount of great games left in him. And NE is pretty well known for trading someone who still seems to have a lot left (remember the Richard Seymour sendoff)? I still remember the shock of SF trading Montana away, though they really had no choice, Steve Young was ready to roll and if they didn't give him the starting job, it was likely he would go somewhere else.

I can't see the Jets winning this week, they are totally dysfunctional.

I don't get all the angst about Harbaugh in SF. So for fifteen years before him, your record...sucked....sucked...sucked...and occasionally sucked some more. He comes in and make the playoffs every year. Is he a control freak, a drama queen? Yeah, so are half the NFL players!!

You can't see the Jets winning? Bwahahahaha. I hope you are right pal. Did you not see they are playing my Buffalo Bills? Oh yeah, what a lock. LOL. No way on Earth would the fans ever forgive NE for trading Brady. A good friend of mine who is a NE fan, and God knows why, says he expects them to lose 5 in a row later on. And his logic is very sound. They have a schedule that is finally beyond Brutal. They play, in no particular order, Detroit, Green Bay, San Diego, Denver and Indy. Yikes. If the Bills can play over 500 they can win the division. If they fail I believe Miami will find a way. Don't count Miami out. I am just hoping we take care of the Jets. We need to win this game. If we do we are in great shape.

Tom Brady getting traded--sounds like bullshit with a capital B. Right now the Pats are on track to win yet another AFC East crown and position themselves as a #3 or #4 seed, if not #2, so what would be the motivation for trading one of the all-time greats--whether you like him or not.

I keep reading these relentless little rumors that NE is toying with trading Brady to Houston for a 1st round pick and a receiver. It makes a decent amount of sense, seeing as Brady is 37 and likely has a small amount of great games left in him. And NE is pretty well known for trading someone who still seems to have a lot left (remember the Richard Seymour sendoff)? I still remember the shock of SF trading Montana away, though they really had no choice, Steve Young was ready to roll and if they didn't give him the starting job, it was likely he would go somewhere else.

I can't see the Jets winning this week, they are totally dysfunctional.

I don't get all the angst about Harbaugh in SF. So for fifteen years before him, your record...sucked....sucked...sucked...and occasionally sucked some more. He comes in and make the playoffs every year. Is he a control freak, a drama queen? Yeah, so are half the NFL players!!

Dude, relax. Those rumours were created by ESPN doing a series of hypothetical trade stories...Brady to Houston, Marshawn Lynch to Seattle...as a matter of pure conjecture. Those stories had no basis in fact or even innuendo. This is one of the problems of ESPN lately. Instead of being a responsible broadcaster and just reporting the sporting news, too often they break journalistic ethics and become the news story themselves. It is sheer publicity over news value.

Your man Brady is safe with New England. He ain't going to Houston.

Speaking of quarterbacks, I know some of you whippersnappers are too young to remember, but it is hard to believe there actually was much debate over whether Indianapolis should draft Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning in the 1998 draft. Worked out pretty well for the Colts, don't you think? Where oh where is that shithead Leaf now?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/how-ryan-leaf-convinced-the-colts-to-draft-peyton-manning

Should've picked Atlanta. They came to England as soon as their last game was over and I didn't realize Detroit had THAT many injuries. I think a number of desperate teams might pull off upsets this week. New Orleans comes to mind. We shall see...

Yes, it appears our UK friends are getting another garbage NFL game--makes me wonder if the Brits are saying to themselves "what's all the fuss about American football--these games are pure bollocks." :rolleyes:

Probably won't get any better when the Jags "host" the Cowboys...

They are getting their money's worth. Many people have Detroit on their streaks and Eliminator on ESPN. Glad I considered the injuries and jumped ship late. I am torn between New England, Miami, Cleveland and Seattle for Eliminator but wound up taking New England. NE must win this game because their schedule then becomes beyond brutal. Denver, Indy, San Diego, Green Bay and more. This is the best game they have left for the near future. I was going to take Cleveland but for some reason Dons Best likes the Raiders. Detroit still alive here. They may pull it out. I hope they do

Great ending!!

A typical Detroit ending. Well Bonger that makes up for your bitter loss to my Bills. You guys are in the drivers seat in the Central. I am happy for the Lions. Wait until CJ comes back. Maybe SB bound? Now for the Bills to beat these bastard Jets. Every single guy on CBS picks the Jets. The 1-6 Jets. No respect

Rick, I see your Bills are up early--a sign of good things to come?

Meanwhile, my Fins are giving this Bortles kid way too much time in the pocket--lucky for us a few of his passes have sailed on him...

Orton a great pass to Woods for the TD. An opening TD drive. Great. Then we intercept Gino, and they flag us for celebrating. 3 and out and punt. Jets at their 20. Our defense now must make his life miserable. NE is up. I wonder if Cleveland is a 4 pm start?

Archived