2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Percy Harvin traded to the Jets for a mid-round conditional draft pick. He must be poison in the locker room. That was said at Minnesota and U of F too. Scheduled to make 41.5 mil over the next few years and hasn't been very productive this season.

Scored a pair of tickets to the Cowboys \ Giants game tomorrow!

After the ass beating we took last week in Philly and the loss of Cruz, Rashad Jennings, and Dominique Rodgers-Cromarite questionable in the secondary, its going to be a tough game...might be walking out at half time.

^^ Wonder how many Giants fans will be in the Cowboys stadium today? I remember the Houston game where it seemed like half the fans in attendance were Texans supporters. Will today be the same? smiley-confused002.gif

I think it was 50/50 with Houston and New Orleans games. They are each within driving distance. I think it will be at least 35 % Giants fans today....my wife and I will be in blue, no doubt.

I was thinking about something Strider said in the picks thread--today could be the day that the Jags get in the win column, but I'm just not ready to pull the trigger on saying the Jags will win just yet. They still have that 0-16 stink about them--will it actually happen though?

Who shows up in Chicago today--good Jay Cutler or turnover prone Cutler?

Scored a pair of tickets to the Cowboys \ Giants game tomorrow!

After the ass beating we took last week in Philly and the loss of Cruz, Rashad Jennings, and Dominique Rodgers-Cromarite questionable in the secondary, its going to be a tough game...might be walking out at half time.

Hope you guys have a good time - but not too much of a good time though! ;)

Post pics, if you take any! :)

I was thinking about something Strider said in the picks thread--today could be the day that the Jags get in the win column, but I'm just not ready to pull the trigger on saying the Jags will win just yet. They still have that 0-16 stink about them--will it actually happen though?

Everyone talks about Jacksonville going 0-16 but I think Oakland is a better bet for going winless for the season. As Woody Paige so often likes to say on "Around the Horn", "Let's look at the schedule!"

First, the Raiders have their six games with their fellow AFC West division opponents...home and away. Does anybody think the Raiders can beat Denver, San Diego or Kansas City, all of whom are playoff contenders? So that's six loses automatically right there.

In addition to their divisional rivals, the Raiders this season play all the teams in the AFC East and the NFC West. They've already lost to the Jets, New England and Miami...that leaves Buffalo and that game is in Oakland. With Buffalo's injuries mounting up, that is the one game on Oakland's schedule which offers a glimmer of hope for a victory.

As for the NFC West teams, that division is one of the toughest in the league, so I don't see the Raiders having a prayer of victory against San Francisco, St. Louis, Arizona and Seattle. The Raiders have to go to Seattle so that will be a wipeout of supreme proportions.

So that's 8 more losses to add to the 6 division lossees. The remaining two games are with random AFC teams...and the Raiders already lost one of them...to Houston a few weeks ago. The other is a road game in Cleveland. Cleveland is beatable but the Raiders don't play well on the road.

So you can see that, with the exception of maybe Buffalo, there is no team on the Raiders schedule that they will be favoured against...it all adds up to a 0-16 season! :bagoverhead:

^^ Well, with the way things have been going for Rick's Bills, that probably is the game Oakland will win...

. Hey Paul and all, still in Hoboken. Hit Rockefeller center and Manhattan earlier. My son in law has red zone and I see Bills not only stinking up the joint but both our backs are OUT. Looks like your Dolphins are going to win. Later all

. Hey Paul and all, still in Hoboken. Hit Rockefeller center and Manhattan earlier. My son in law has red zone and I see Bills not only stinking up the joint but both our backs are OUT. Looks like your Dolphins are going to win. Later all

Hello Rick, enjoying your trip, I hope. :wave: Yep, looks like the Fins are in the win column and I picked the damn Bears in our contest (doh)....

Archived